Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will there ever be new classes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Will there ever be new classes?

Was just wondering, it would make the game more diverse. I know this had to have been requested before. I am just checking up on it.

Some ideas.

Class name unspecified.
    A caster warrior, melee base but also has spells that are casted on the target. Like health tap takes HP from the enemy and gives It to the character. This would be the "dark" character, kind of like a death knight.

Class name unspecified.
    In other games "assassin" "rogue".
    A leather wearing class that is based around melee and uses swords/daggers. Maybe if you guys get around to releasing duel wielding. This would be the class that would beable to use it.

Class name unspecified.
    In other games a "druid" or "witchdoctor"
    a class that has heavier armor than an enchantress. But buffs the group heals and has different forms of damage, main spell "death root" roots the enemy in place for 5 seconds while draining it's HP and Mana.

Just some ideas, and I know we all have other MMO experience so suggesting classes isn't needed that much since we all have a general idea of what could be.

Now races! With the new classes would need to be more races right? "hellyeah"

Wolf! That would be cool, I could see a wolf fitting the "witchdoctor" category.

Tiger! Maybe the assassin/rogue class idea.

Boar! That's the best race I could make for the "dark" caster melee class.

But spacetime here's the best part for you. Charge 10 platinum to unlock each class/race. "why 10p instead of 5p" because 5p would cover the new character class, and the other 5p would cover the extra character slot. I'd pay for it.
    Last edited by Obliteration; 05-27-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What about a summoner class, like the Necromancer in Diablo 2? Or a class that uses Claw like weapons and trap spells like the Assassin in Diablo 2? These are just some thoughts.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say 5...what if I already have spare character slots that I don't have characters in already?

I thinkthe new race combos are cool.

Borrowing from what we already have model wise...
    Shaman/Witchdoctor should probably be a croc, maybe a frog or something froglok like (EQ tpye)
    Tiger or Wolf for assassin is a cool idea.
    Rat or something for your dark character/necro...( who could have skills that take both health and mana or have a canniblism type skill turning health into mana)...
    Boar is find for a deathknight type.

Good ideas, what else are we missing?

Maybe the human could be a shapeshifter who's skills are to turn into different animals and shares 5 or so skills to fit most situations like the Druid in WoW.
    WarMage
    -Furios 40 Warrior- Alt, -Warmagi 27 Warmage- Alt
    -Healbot 33 Warmage- Fnord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've ben thinking, what about a Kung-fu Monk kinda character...make it a Panda like Kung-Fu Panda lol
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would like to see a melee healer of some sort, that would be my perfect class

since pets are going to be added soon, a creature handler from SWG should make a apperance
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a cheap *** by any respect, but i dont think paying for new characters is smart. New slot, I'll pay for, not a new class.

MMO's are based on the balance of workng together, if you make one class only available to people paying for it, it is not on the same playing field as other characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

the first one, could be like a paladin.
    just need to mix some of the enchantress skills with warrior ones, and create a new character model
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

there will be, eventually. The first step is for us to switch to a universal body type (for optimization). This will sacrifice some of the individual (physical) characteristics of your class, but allow more sharing of wearables, weapons, etc. Then we can discuss ninjachantresses and the like.
    .j.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You mean i wont look like a birdy anymore ..... BUT I LOVE MY BIRDY !! =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Really like some of the animal types suggestions:

Wolf & Frog in particular. The fact the current 3 work as intended ie, kiting, tanking, buffing etc is great. Adding a puppet-master (Frog) type of class and/or stealth (Wolf) is always a lot of fun if possible.

eventually. The first step is for us to switch to a universal body type (for optimization). This will sacrifice some of the individual (physical) characteristics of your class, but allow more sharing of wearables, weapons, etc
    REALLY like the Eagle animation/design at the moment! Hope it does not change too much...