Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Arcane Weapon Idea for Season 8...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default My Arcane Weapon Idea for Season 8...

I haven't posted any big ideas in almost a year, so I figure it's about time...

STS has not announced their plans yet for the newest level 46 arcane item, so here is my idea. There should be 3 new level 46 arcane weapons, one for each class:

Ren'gol Mace of Assault - since the previous warrior arcane weapon was a damage weapon, this mace will be more of a defensive weapon and will include a shield.

Recipe*
    Arcane Shard
    2 Noble Fury Jewels
    1 Noble Finesse Jewel
    1 Noble Diamond Jewel
    1 Noble Nature Jewel

As you can guess from the ingredients, this weapon will have a primary stat of STR, a secondary stat of DEX, and will also include high amounts of armor and health.

Ren'gol Arbalest of Potency - since the previous rogue arcane weapon was a dagger weapon, this arcane weapon should be a bow.

Recipe*
    Arcane Shard
    2 Noble Finesse Jewels
    1 Noble Mind Jewel
    1 Noble Chaos Jewel
    1 Noble Water Jewel

As you can guess from the ingredients, this weapon will have a primary stat of DEX, a secondary stat of INT, and will also include high amounts of damage and will give extra mana.

Ren'gol Cannon of Brutality - since the previous sorcerer arcane weapon was a staff, this arcane weapon should be a gun.

Recipe*
    Arcane Shard
    2 Noble Mind Jewels
    1 Noble Fury Jewel
    1 Noble Chaos Jewel
    1 Noble Lightning Jewel

As you can guess from the ingredients, this weapon will have a primary stat of INT, a secondary stat of STR, and will also include high amounts of damage and crit.

*The 3 recipes will be sold by both the Story Token vendor (for 1000 story tokens) and the Hauntlet Coin vendor (for 1000 hanutlet coins)*

Based on these ingredients, introducing these weapons with these recipes will have the following effect on the AL economy...

1) Price of the Arcane Shard will go up as they will suddenly be in demand again by all of the players who currently do not need one since they already have an arcane ring. STS does not even have to introduce a new item in locked crates. The shard can be reused as a crafting item for these weapons too. And just as the Arcane Shard drops from Elite Golden Dragon Chests, it should also drop from the new Elite Golden Orc Chests (when the new elite dungeons are released).

2) The price of the new jewels will be boosted, creating lots of opportunity for jewel farmers. Many of us have noticed the price of the jewels starting to fall, and this will keep it higher for some time as all 8 jewel types are used in these weapons with the main 3 (Fury, Finesse, Mind) being used the most.

3) This will even create opportunity for Story Token & Hauntlet Coin farmers as the recipes will be in demand as well.

Anyone like this idea?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-28-2015 at 12:39 PM.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

As allways, great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Great post. I really don't think wars should get a defensive weapon. They already have so much armor and health. What they desperately need are offensive procs. Otherwise, they'd still be better off using the arcane maul, at least for PvE.

I'd also rather not have the recipes come from the Bard's quest or the Hauntlet, but I can see why you would want to do that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

I think the recipe should include some aspects of Ren'gol such as Nomerite ingots or something that involves collecting orc tags. Not too drastic requirements of course.

Anyways good idea!
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 07-28-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I'm not so keen on another gun, much less an arcane one, but the idea is valid.

How about the next set of arcane weapons they include one of each play-style so that people who don't like to use a particular weapon can have something else to choose from, which will create more diversity in builds and in the weapon market.

I absolutely hate using guns and the thought of an arcane gun on the horizon isn't exciting. Many others could disagree for valid reasons, but personally, I would have no interest in it.

So I feel there should be two arcane weapons for each class.

The sword/shield and the claymore/glaive for Warriors.
    The bow and the daggers for Rogue.
    The staff and the gun for Mages.

Give us options, pls. Don't wanna be stuck with the same upcoming Ursoth mythic staff for the next year and a half or until STS decides they want to make another arcane staff.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 07-28-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Lovely idea. I'm all for it, and just wanted to point out that arcane shards do infact drop from the gold orcish chests purchasable for 25 orc tags. Since I have not seen or heard of anyone dropping these in regular maps, I am assuming that these are indeed the elite chests.

Additionally, I would like to see a luck based shortcut to getting the recipes. Perhaps allow a tradable version of them to drop from Elite Rengol maps or the planar arena (scaled to lvl 46 of course, with the addition of some new bosses). Also, as ebezaanek said, instead of using story token, allow us to buy a non tradable version of the recipe with 500 orc tags for 750-1000 planar fragments. Another suggestion on how to get the recipe I would like to make is if STS scaled all old elite maps (from brackenridge) to lvl 46 and introduced a standard elite currency that all bosses drop or have a chance to drop, some number of those could be used as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I don't like defense weapon idea at all!!! We are already a defensive class with low damage. We need damage to compete with rogues and mages.

Sent from my ALCATEL A995L using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I agree that if an arcane weapon is to be released, there should be arcane weapons released for each class and they should be a different type than previous arcane weapons. If there's a cycle, Rogue is next in line to get an arcane weapon. Since Rogues are already far out of balance it would put them even further out of balance with the other 2 classes. I think we're just as likely to see an arcane pendant, armor, and/or helm as we are to see another arcane weapon.

I don't think jewels are the a good ingredient. STS didn't replace gem essences on the Rendtail ring recipe with cracked jewels. Jewels are meant be removable. I'd rather see nomerite ingot, a dragonite bar or something else as an ingredient.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

We should just get a cool lookin Arcane Helm and Armour *-*
    Spraypaint - lvl 81

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aserockon View Post
    We should just get a cool lookin Arcane Helm and Armour *-*
    That wouldn't make sense since the new mythic sets will be farmable soon.arcane weps sound much more appealing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I like this idea.!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nope and please save your ideas for yourself. Arcane weapon should always be damag weapons for all classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobseller View Post
    Nope and please save your ideas for yourself. Arcane weapon should always be damag weapons for all classes.
    I assume you're referring to the warrior's getting a non-dmg based weapon. This is another example of warriors trying to take on other classes' roles when they aren't even doing their role aptly (though warriors are pretty flawed in PVE, can't do much about that).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Great idea... nice one

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Id like to state my opinions on this...

1: This is a great idea im gonna say i love it off the bat
    2: Id love for the new arcane wep to be a staff again but who cares anyways im not gonna be close to getting an arcane wep any time soon aha
    3: I like your reasoning behind why this would be a good idea (shards price increase, pve becomes more of the main objective of the game, etc)
    4: The Recipes are simple but require hard work to obtain unless one is to buy the ingredients.

Again great idea and something like this is something id like to see happen more in the future of this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm assuming this is because you bought all the arcane shards in cs when the 2x teeth farming was announced and failed to make a profit? Let it go, dude. Ups and downs happen in merching.

I disagree with the shard being used again. It's last season's, let's bury the dead past.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    I don't like defense weapon idea at all!!! We are already a defensive class with low damage. We need damage to compete with rogues and mages.

warriors arent supposed to do dmg. New elites need to be hard enough that warriors are needed and they should have a good tank weapon for that

Sent from my ALCATEL A995L using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by noobseller View Post
    this is why rogues got arcane daggers right? And why are you on a forums if you think people should keep their ideas to themselves? thats literally the opposite of what forums are for. lmao dont make useless comments

great idea +1 and ignore the haters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

what if just make it droppable in locks and purchasable at token vendor Or a chance to drop at elite golden orc chest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Runel Joseph Ruiz View Post
    what if just make it droppable in locks and purchasable at token vendor Or a chance to drop at elite golden orc chest.
    Because then we would go back to the plat-driven AL many players gave up on. Going back to gear obtainable only with play would be a step backwards in light of the news of craftable mythics.

Drop rates for elite chests are a joke, btw. It's worse than opening locks.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Very good ideas. I want to add that the weapons should only have a little better stats than the 46 counterparts by perhaps maximum of 30 damage. That would mean that we could actually still use 46 legendaries and 41 mythics to be competitive, but to give those with Arcane that slight but not OP advantage that they're looking for. 100+ damage gaps will drive the game back into the hole it once was in.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post: