Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: I dislike Jewels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Feedback: I dislike Jewels

I never expected jewels to have a drop rate. Chaos has a higher drop rate than a Rengol crate in km3. On the other hand my inventory is flooded with nature , water. How about grouping crack jewels like gem essences. People who i farm with have to wait me till i delete 200 nature/water jewels.

The amount of crack jewels to craft a noble is ridiculous. I have to spend more 40k finesse for +3dex given by a normal gem ( fire/glacial/blood ). Three weeks ago a granted normal gem costed me 1k.

How about making jewels availabel on all maps?

I'm missing fire/blood/glacial gems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree your opinion
    My system is broke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes i agree br

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Jewels are a failure thus far. The drop rates and expense of crafting them don't justify the end result. If they were to add an option where we could combine two different jewels into one this would make them worth the grind. As it stands old gems are better than new jewels in some cases. So until the old supply is drained why would someone spend millions of gold on a jewel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Seconded. It just seems like a never ending task whose boredom and unnecessary difficulty will be amplified to infinity once they add higher tiers than noble, from L30 up to L45.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I never expected jewels to have a drop rate. Chaos has a higher drop rate than a Rengol crate in km3. On the other hand my inventory is flooded with nature , water. How about grouping crack jewels like gem essences. People who i farm with have to wait me till i delete 200 nature/water jewels.

The amount of crack jewels to craft a noble is ridiculous. I have to spend more 40k finesse for +3dex given by a normal gem ( fire/glacial/blood ). Three weeks ago a granted normal gem costed me 1k.

Gem essences had a drop rate, and it was quite infrequent, it was far less than 1% chance to drop an essence per mob kill. I understand your frustration with jewels, but they are a different animal than gems. There are 8 types instead of 3, and the most valuable ones are in the toughest/highest level normal maps. they are not 'consumed' when put into equipment - they are removable. It's a long term game with jewels - you can't expect to get a noble in 2 days, just as it took 20-30 gems to make a grand gem. I hated that aspect of gems because it was frustrating to waste so much gold (plat for some) and wait forever until your gear had a grand. You're saying you'd rather have that system again?

You'll never lose the jewels you got, you can move them to new equipment as you acquire it. You can use them while your working on improving them. Also, when you want to sell your gear, you simply remove your jewels. They stay with you, they're your personal treasure for keeps. You can also switch them out when you want more health, mana, damage, crit, etc. You're gonna see more and more gear sold without anything slotted.

I think what you're saying is you're impatient to have the tippy top and it ain't gonna happen, you're gonna have to play it long term, unless you want to fork over millions and millions of gold lol. Over time the price of jewels will come down, but it is designed to be long term and, tbh, it's better that way.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Im ok with spending few millions on my lv11 and lv15 twink which only requires standard and fortified form of jewels.

But in other way, i commited myself to not getting decent form of jewels for my endgame toon.
    See you bubyee noble jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Jewels are a failure thus far. The drop rates and expense of crafting them don't justify the end result. If they were to add an option where we could combine two different jewels into one this would make them worth the grind. As it stands old gems are better than new jewels in some cases. So until the old supply is drained why would someone spend millions of gold on a jewel?
    I don't agree that they're a failure, I think we're going through an adjustment period. I do agree that they need another bump up in stats. I absolutely agree that jewel combo recipes would be spectacularly awesome. I think everyone's just used to having their pretty grand gems immediately, (I want it done yesterday. Now now now! Are we there yet?) but you can use the ones you got now and you never have to give 'em up. I like the idea of switching jewels to different equipment and switching different jewels out in the same equipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Seconded. It just seems like a never ending task whose boredom and unnecessary difficulty will be amplified to infinity once they add higher tiers than noble, from L30 up to L45.
    I agree the drop rate needs to be higher, closer to what it was on the test server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

@ Thundyrz

If STS created this jewel system to make us not getting bored.... Well this is not the way. They replaced something which worked well for 2 seasons with something that doesn't work so great for me. The improvement which i love about this system is i can de-jewel my items. Otherwise I dislike jewels. What a noble jewel gives its not spectacular.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

so far I saw only noble water jewels in aution, --".
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Patience young padawans. Time must be given for rewards of a grand nature, immediate satisfaction is not in line with long term goals.

Honestly, with current prices there are so many max geared folks that the only differentiation comes from the Jewels themselves. There has to be some differentiation between players and currently Jewels provide that differentiation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post

I didn't read much of this but read a part which got my attention....
    The things which u say bout rengol locks in km3 might be true....I logged in today for the first time in expansion and found that I went straight 9runs in km3 with 0 locks...disappointed..
    Perhaps rengol locks can be found more easily anywhere else....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'll accept all your natural jewels cause I am a nab mage with nab health hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I find it more than a little ridiculous that it takes over 700 cracked jewels to make a jewel with the equivalent stats of a single grand gem (superb jewel = level 46 grand gem).

That's the same as having to make 70+ gems to get a single grand gem. Yes it's socketable, but really. If they made odds that bad on grand gems, people would have revolted long ago.

Calling it a different name and exponentially increasing the work needed doesn't mean we don't notice we're getting screwed.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I find it more than a little ridiculous that it takes over 700 cracked jewels to make a jewel with the equivalent stats of a single grand gem (superb jewel = level 46 grand gem).

That's the same as having to make 70+ gems to get a single grand gem. Yes it's socketable, but really. If they made odds that bad on grand gems, people would have revolted long ago.

Calling it a different name and exponentially increasing the work needed doesn't mean we don't notice we're getting screwed.
    Except your jewel can be used now and for continuously for your future gear where as gems were one and done. Evens out pretty much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Except your jewel can be used now and for continuously for your future gear where as gems were one and done. Evens out pretty much
    Not with the current drop rates, it doesn't.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I have to say I always felt that the drop-rate of the main stat jewels is ridiculously low. However I was always selling them immediately, so I never counted jewels/run. With the double teeth odds event I farmed a whole bar. Did exactly 150 runs in elite wilds, in which I looted 37 main stat jewels (yes in 150 elite runs). Of those 12 were finesse jewels. So that is 12 finesse jewels in 150 elite wilds runs. With that drop-rate I need to run Elite The Wilds the ridiculous amount of 27337 times in order to get a single noble finesse jewel. I know you could then resocket it, but seriously the amount of runs to gem full mythic/acrane gear with noble jewels is the staggering total of 492 075.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Well if you guys are going to complain about jewels dont use them plain and simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Well if you guys are going to complain about jewels dont use them plain and simple
    How about you try endgame?

The issue here is that they're forcing us to use them since they cut off the essence supply.

It'd make a world of difference if they allowed us to keep farming & crafting gems until a couple months in jewel farming. That way we would farm jewels for later use and be happy with grand gems of equal stats until that point. Grand main stat gems at 41+ give one stat point less than nobles but the price difference is about 5-8 millions.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post: