Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Camera:Smart Camera Panning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Camera:Smart Camera Panning

I first off want to say my wife and I love this APP. but we both have one change we would love to suggest that would make the game play Much better for us and probably alot of others as well.

I would like to not have to drag the screen around to change my camera angle. Could you add a menu feature that would always put the camera at your back. It doesn't need to spin around with your turning as fast as you turn but within 2 seconds of you tunring to be at your back.

It is rather hard to explain the concept but Most third person (PC) MMo's have this feature already.

PM me if you would like me to elaberate a little more on the option.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That would be trippy nuts. But a cool option. I'm sure it would be easy to script also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1probably would use this feature
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I like balloon cam. I'm not sure how it would work with all the right angle turns in dungeons, but I've seen it work well in more open-world games. A good game camera is one you don't notice.
    Our current camera allows plenty of user control- this has pros and cons. It's the most customizable (you are the camera person), but honestly it does require a bit of effort (you are the camera person).
    After we work on optimizations (fix laggy stuff) we are going to polish the overall experience. Ideas like this will be helpful for that conversation- basically anything that will make the game more pleasant, intuitive, and fun for new (and not so new) players. We'll be talking about it more soon. Keep the ideas coming, we appreciate it.
    .j.