Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Orcslaying set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gracepreacher View Post
    The quest was very straightforward. It said, do this, get this. Very simple indeed. What did most do? They went and made gold off the tags instead. So they would benefit since they didn't do the quest? How unfair is that? I had to run these maps 1000s of times while I watched others doing arena or running km3. I'm just saying they should leave the quests and tags just like they are. It can be done in about a month if someone is dedicated to it. If not, there are other things you can do in this game besides get mythic equipment. Don't make this new system unfair to the people who did all the quests the way they were intended to be done.
    It indeed was very straightforward,EXCEPT!!! For the fact that NO WHERE WAS IT MENTIONED that we would need the orc set for the glintstone set. People have been asking for weeks and we just get a response this morning. That is clearly a lack of communication there. If it was mentioned in the first place, many people would have farmed first for insignias and nomerite ingots. We were never informed about this in the first place. You cannot blame the players for something that sts never informed them about. Not trying to be harsh here bud but at the very least, 70-85% of the game population did not have the luxury of being able to have their own nekro or arcane ring,hence why they farmed km3 arena and orc chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The quest was very straightforward. It said, do this, get this. Very simple indeed. What did most do? They went and made gold off the tags instead. So they would benefit since they didn't do the quest? How unfair is that? I had to run these maps 1000s of times while I watched others doing arena or running km3. I'm just saying they should leave the quests and tags just like they are. It can be done in about a month if someone is dedicated to it. If not, there are other things you can do in this game besides get mythic equipment. Don't make this new system unfair to the people who did all the quests the way they were intended to be done.
    The orc tag part doesn't require much effort. The thing is, you can only get a set number of tags a day. That's the problem with tying something to a daily quest.

And the orcslaying quest was not straightforward. Straightforward would have been: "The Orcslaying quest is necessary to access the Mythic quest." Since the ingredient list for the mythic set was released and the orcslaying gear did not appear on it, one would naturally assume that it wasn't necessary.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-04-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well not trying to be harsh here either "bud", but I don't have nekro, I just got my ring because I farmed for teeth ALOT. I just did what the quest told me to do and spent a lot of gold, while others made gold off the chests they decided to get instead. If they would have done as I did, they would have a set as well. Instead I get to read how people don't want to go earn it, they should be given it instead.... I can blame them because if they wanted it, do the quest! Its not too late, its still available. Go do it! Why should one person do all the work for something while another gets to sit back and have it handed to them? Yes, there are only a set number of tags a day. That's why I am just now finishing my set. I didn't do it in one day either. Yes the quests may not be necessary, but neither is the mythic gear.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I cannot even fathom how this has not been properly announced in the relevant section of forum, but came out as a response to this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

It's not like we didn't do quest because we want to make money.
    The thing is, forager/supreme are around 230k total (at least for me as a mage anyways), and have better stats than orcslayer set.

So why would someone spend the extra gold and effort to get something that's subpar to something cheaper?
    I was actually going to go for the orcslayer gear until i notice that the stats are inferior to the forager/supreme.
    I might as well farm 23 insignia and sell them for 10k each and get something even better than what i would get for spending 45 insignia.

If we know the quest is mandatory, we would've actually save the insignia instead of selling them thinking it's useless.
    And that's what we are asking for, better communication.

Also, remember that essence we get when we upgrade the old mythic set ?
    How would you fell if they tell you right now that it's an ingredient for the new mythic set? I'm sure most players deleted them already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I see everyone posting for STS to do this or that so that they can get easy insignias... What about the people who have worked all this time since the expansion to get the set? How fair is it going to be to us if you guys get a easy pass on insignias now? I have ran myself to death for insignias and spent a lot of gold to get this. Everyone could have done the same thing that we did and went and got it as well. But what did most do? Most went and got orc chests and sold them. If you guys get easy insignias, I believe those of us ho ran and spent gold should get easy orc chests just the same as you guys so that we can make gold also. So you have to look at this from both sides before you start complaining about not having this set now.
    You got that right !! I made few thread asking StS if we need this quest to get mythic quest , I didn't get enough support and nobody really seemed to care at that time . They can complain all they want nothing will change . Good news is still plenty of time to save up before elite release . I am relieved my hard work paid off .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trojan2100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    It's not like we didn't do quest because we want to make money.
    The thing is, forager/supreme are around 230k total (at least for me as a mage anyways), and have better stats than orcslayer set.

So why would someone spend the extra gold and effort to get something that's subpar to something cheaper?
    I was actually going to go for the orcslayer gear until i notice that the stats are inferior to the forager/supreme.
    I might as well farm 23 insignia and sell them for 10k each and get something even better than what i would get for spending 45 insignia.

If we know the quest is mandatory, we would've actually save the insignia instead of selling them thinking it's useless.
    And that's what we are asking for, better communication.

Also, remember that essence we get when we upgrade the old mythic set ?
    How would you fell if they tell you right now that it's an ingredient for the new mythic set? I'm sure most players deleted them already
    The quests are not mandatory. The game will keep right on going whether you do them or not. Like you said, you sold insignias and bought what you wanted. I did not, as a matter of fact, I spent a small fortune amassing many insignias,maybe a few from you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    You got that right !! I made few thread asking StS if we need this quest to get mythic quest , I didn't get enough support and nobody really seemed to care at that time . They can complain all they want nothing will change . Good news is still plenty of time to save up before elite release . I am relieved my hard work paid off .
    Just because you were lucky enough to guess right doesn't mean that this wasn't poorly handled by STG. I emphasize the word guess. This should not have required a guess.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-04-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think everyone can agree on that the gear needs to be more relevant to justify the time and gold people need to invest in creating it.

As for adding a quest for insignias, it wouldn't be fair for the rest. It was quite possible to sell some chests and save up enough tags for nomerite at this point. We are forgetting that elites could almost a month out still, giving plenty of time to farm the set before elites drop.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I think everyone can agree on that the gear needs to be more relevant to justify the time and gold people need to invest in creating it.

As for adding a quest for insignias, it wouldn't be fair for the rest. It was quite possible to sell some chests and save up enough tags for nomerite at this point. We are forgetting that elites could almost a month out still, giving plenty of time to farm the set before elites drop.
    Thing is drop rates in this game are a joke. A party member can do 10 runs and loot 10 insignias and another can do 50 runs and loot none. Which is why people are asking for a daily for insignias, so we wont walk out empty handed(remember,this is similar to what some plat spenders asked for with the crate token system am i right?). So why should one have to work harder to get less? For example, if you and a friend run km3 with lep and luck lix, both do 20 runs lets say. Your friend loots 12 locks out of 20 runs and you loot not a single lock. Would this seem just? No. Now switch out locks with insignia and km3 with rengol maps. Theres many viewpoints in this argument. To be honest none of these arguments would have occured if stg was better at communicating with us from the get-go. It"s been what, nearly a month, maybe more now? And they didn't inform us of this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

The quest is obviously straightforward, but it was not communicated that it was not a stand-alone quest. Unfair is not telling everyone info from the get go. With a month of teasers, they couldn't squeeze in a sentence about the set?

Speaking of intentions, everything begins with good intentions but look what happened here.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Thing is drop rates in this game are a joke. A party member can do 10 runs and loot 10 insignias and another can do 50 runs and loot none. Which is why people are asking for a daily for insignias, so we wont walk out empty handed(remember,this is similar to what some plat spenders asked for with the crate token system am i right?). So why should one have to work harder to get less? For example, if you and a friend run km3 with lep and luck lix, both do 20 runs lets say. Your friend loots 12 locks out of 20 runs and you loot not a single lock. Would this seem just? No. Now switch out locks with insignia and km3 with rengol maps. Theres many viewpoints in this argument. To be honest none of these arguments would have occured if stg was better at communicating with us from the get-go. It"s been what, nearly a month, maybe more now? And they didn't inform us of this?
    It's called "random" and that is how it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's called "random" and that is how it works.
    Too bad there wasn't an Elite grinding quest that required a high number of ingredients that were guaranteed in each run.

Too bad... Maybe in a different game...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Instead I get to read how people don't want to go earn it, they should be given it instead.... I can blame them because if they wanted it, do the quest! Its not too late, its still available. Go do it! Why should one person do all the work for something while another gets to sit back and have it handed to them?
    That's the thing. Nobody wanted the Orcslayer gear because the stats are total crap. So there was no point in players doing the quest. The fact that the information is only being released now is the main problem.

As for any requests - not one person has asked for anything to be "handed to them".

As for a quest or vendor to get insignia from, I believe the suggestion was to be able to get one insignia for 10 bosses killed. That isn't making it easier, it is just preventing people from getting screwed by the loot system. They did this with the planar chests and nobody found it "easy" to get them. They have also done it with crates by adding crate tokens. This doesn't make it "easy" to get an arcane item - it just ensures that your money isn't completely wasted. My time is more valuable than money, and I don't appreciate having it completely wasted. People wish to make progress towards a goal when they play - for some that is next to impossible with the drop system the way it is now.

The people making requests or suggestions are providing feedback on what would keep players engaged in the game, and provide interesting and stimulating gameplay. Running the same map 1000 times isn't fun or interesting. Many of us would prefer to run harder maps in a larger variety, hence the request for insignia to drop from ELITE bosses. This is actually more of a challenge than what you did.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I've always thought that this is the quest line for mythic set as it says in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...k-Crafted-Gear

Name:  rengol rune.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  46.7 KB

see how it says "Next"

^_^

x

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissVy View Post
    I've always thought that this is the quest line for mythic set as it says in this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...k-Crafted-Gear

see how it says "Next"

^_^

x
    Don't take things out of context. The next meant next on the list of craft able items that we are to see, not next as in the next step of the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

can we have a sticky on this thread at least?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    can we have a sticky on this thread at least?
    yea sticky it, unless the event is like next week, then sticky would help lots of other casual forumer that don't really click and browse through thread wouldn't miss this. It is indeed a very important message.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Wouldve been better if a mod themselves couldve made a diff thread CLEARLY explaining that we need to do the orcslaying quest to do myth quest, and then stickying just that. There's too many comments in this thread and some people will just get lazy clicking through pages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissVy View Post

see how it says "Next"

^_^

x
    That's not clear at all. Next could have meant any number of things.

However, if you print the post and put it under a black light the following message appears:

"WARNING: THE ORCSLAYING QUEST IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE MYTHIC QUEST."

I guess we should have known.