Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introduction screens gone since Sandstone Cave patch? Possible Android only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Question Introduction screens gone since Sandstone Cave patch? Possible Android only

It started happening today that whenever I enter somewhere the information screen for the new zone no longer appears and the screen just blinks and I'm in my destination without having to tap the screen. The new tutorial was doing that too but I figured it was because the tutorial was made more impersonal and not unique to each character class, so I paid it no mind. Now all places I enter blink and no longer show description, and I'm starting to wonder if it is something on my client or if a patch did something. I cleared out the cache and redownloaded the patches fresh but that didn't fix the missing description screens. I'm considering reinstalling but figured I'd ask on the forum first, since it was fine yesterday and only started to happen today when Sandstone Cave was added. Maybe something server side got messed up for Android users.

I've asked my friends and they say it isn't happening to them, but they play on iOS.

Can anybody shed some light on this situation please?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-03-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added sig

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

yes same thing happens to me im on a unrooted droid x 2.2 . havent redowloaded though

Dl:Rolocoaster lv25,Victoryrosel v21 Sl:Rolocoaster lv41Op, Jonsithegreat lv40 Com.,Jonsiofsparta lv40 Engi. Pl:Rolocoaster lv65 Pally, Jonsithegreat lv27 bear, Jonsithebird lv36 bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

No root here either. My Touch 4g
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-03-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added sig

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

iPhone 3GS here and same thing. I'm sure they will update soon to patch this bug.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,505 Posts

Looks like that patch note was missed. They have all been removed.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

It feels sorta empty now, could we get the guy running but not have to tap it? I dun like black screens... :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Is it actually possible to have it implemented again? I liked how there was that intro screen before, when I first noticed that it was removed, I thought my app crashed. Lol

It's just a small thing, but it just seems that without the intro screen the transition isn't as fluent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    It's just a small thing, but it just seems that without the intro screen the transition isn't as fluent.
    Exactly what I'm trying to say :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Is it actually possible to have it implemented again? I liked how there was that intro screen before, when I first noticed that it was removed, I thought my app crashed. Lol

Exactly! Every time that happens, I think that my app is crashing!
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Great, so now the game is more grind and "You're here, go kill." as opposed to "You're here, go kill because _________." What if I like having a reason to kill something and mask the grind?

I'm sorry but this change is basically removing story from the game. How is a lack of story a good thing? I liked seeing those blurbs about the zone because it tells what the zone is about. Now they might as well be apartment buildings occupied by demons or something, because we don't know what they're doing there anymore. No background, just a place without substance. It's really got no substance now, like the tutorial was made an impersonal zone instead of explaining the origin of the player characters. Towns are just completely without substance now. What is this place about and why choose here to send the player? Why am I here? I don't know, because it's story was removed and my phone feels like it just crashed for 2 seconds. Both the new tutorial and the removed intros have decreased the overall depth of this fantasy world of Alterra.

I actually asked my party today where we were because I'd lost track of which boss we were up to after the amount of killing we had already done today.

The mob intros returned, and although they sometimes get me killed I like them because they more clearly show me the mob to be slaughtered. The same way the zone introductions tell you a little about the zone you'll be slaughtering mobs in.

Please can it at least be put back in as an option instead of blatantly removed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Looks like that patch note was missed. They have all been removed.

-ALS
    i like it ty!

plz just remove the black screen while switching maps too. looks a bit buggy.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....