Thread: Imma sound stupid asking this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Default Imma sound stupid asking this...

Ok, imma jus go ahead and ask this, wat is a "twink" and "twinking"? Ive been through these forums like 7 times and have found nothing, no thing! could yall please clear this up for me @_@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

A twink is basically when you stop your characters xp gain at a certain level and get the best gear you can for that lvl. They are used specifically for pvp but may be used to farm kills as well. The popular lvls in PL are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and I believe that is it. I hope this answers your question.
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

its making a low lvl charecter to fight others in pvp at that low lvl or they fight off other low monsters so say there is a lvl 12 he disables xp gain and ten fightss zombies gettting over 70000 kills (its easier than fighting in high dungoens)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jespo View Post
    A twink is basically when you stop your characters xp gain at a certain level and get the best gear you can for that lvl. They are used specifically for pvp but may be used to farm kills as well. The popular lvls in PL are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and I believe that is it. I hope this answers your question.
    kind of, think i get wat ur saying. Thanks! ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    kind of, think i get wat ur saying. Thanks! ^_^
    Glad to help
    N W A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

thanks to everyone else too, Yall are so helpful lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Another popular level is 12. It's he highest level you canfarm kills at forest heaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This indicates kill counts is quite a sham... Do take note for those who like to judge other players through this.

I have the unfortunate experience of a lv1 bear pm me with WTF! I have 1700kills... Indicating I should be ashamed that I have lesser then him at lv38.... Of whch I felt some sort of intimidation towards newbies in this game.

And it was unfortunate of him that he chose me as his target of intimidation because I had the last laugh when I went in open chat with my 56 main to educate him not to judge a player by how they looked...

Sometimes, I just love to do crowd control at Belford castle... Lol
    Last edited by Genes; 05-03-2011 at 12:28 AM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    This indicates kill counts is quite a sham.
    Indeed it can be. People tend to stop their xp gain at level 12 and farm FH until the crack the leaderboards. When I found this out I was quite disappointed, but I have to admit it was a bit expected. Any of you gamers out there know this type of player known as a stat booster. The LB for K/D ratio seems to be ripe with boosters. Who would believe that someone can go 1000+ games without a single death in PvP? People enjoy recognition no matter how it is attained. Too bad STS didn't make it so that disabling xp removes you from the LB (you know like using cheats disables achievement points with X360). It's a bit of an advantage if you can just farm zombies for kills, when compared to farming in BS. I recall reading a thread that stated STS was going to revamp the LB, I just hope they find a way to weed out the boosters.

P.S. Before you flame me, I'm not upset over the current state of the LB. In fact, I could care less since I don't play for recognition. It's just a bit of a letdown to see something that was meant to boost the moral of players who enjoy the game and get good at a singular aspect, being trampled on by someone with two accounts/devices who has nothing but extra time on their hands.

P.S.S. Why is there even a LB category for deaths? It's like the hall of shame, way to put a dunce cap on a few unlucky people.