Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does a player have 6.7m pve kills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    LOL... It's possible... here is how...

1. Hardcore farming... Some people who have played some of the older RPG's (on snes, for instance) are used to going around fighting LOTS of battles to level up and gain skills... You have to REALLY hardcore farm in this game, he may just be the MOST hardcore AL farmer

2. Time... Some of us have very occupied 2nd lives (i.e. school, work, ETC.) and some of us are fortunate enough to not have to have those 2nd lives, which gives them an unlimited amount of time to play this game around the clock...

3. Numerous people playing 1 character in shifts... Yes, there are people out there (maybe in this game, too) who take shifts playing 1 character so that the character is always on and playing without interfering with 2nd life schedules/sleep...

it's not impossible....
    Y'know neither is me getting married to the next top model, then making a new minimalistic game that rivals flappy bird in popularity and I retire before I even leave my teen years...
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    LOL... It's possible... here is how...

1. Hardcore farming... Some people who have played some of the older RPG's (on snes, for instance) are used to going around fighting LOTS of battles to level up and gain skills... You have to REALLY hardcore farm in this game, he may just be the MOST hardcore AL farmer

2. Time... Some of us have very occupied 2nd lives (i.e. school, work, ETC.) and some of us are fortunate enough to not have to have those 2nd lives, which gives them an unlimited amount of time to play this game around the clock...

3. Numerous people playing 1 character in shifts... Yes, there are people out there (maybe in this game, too) who take shifts playing 1 character so that the character is always on and playing without interfering with 2nd life schedules/sleep...

it's not impossible....
    Honestly this is wrong. The pve kills lb is mostly botters. The only exception I know currently is Leo who truly does run wt4. She deserves a banner of all banners for her efforts on the pve kills lb.

People run scripts that allow them to leave their pc running and farm kills and they aren't even on the game.

It's a battle that sts has turned the other cheek on so eh. If someone wants a banner that bad then so be it. I just stopped looking and caring about the lb a couple seasons ago.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Cool... Just to clarify... I never said that a person who gets that many kills or a person who just plays a lot in general has "NO LIFE".... Some people love gaming, what's wrong with that? I was just simply saying that some people are TOO busy to get anything near that many kills or even fully participate in farming and events as much as they would like to, otherwise a person like me would be high up on the leaderboard... Sometimes the time is JUST not there...

Also, I never said that the methods that I listed were INDEED one of the methods that the player used to get that many kills, I was just throwing out there SCENARIOS that would make it POSSIBLE to achieve that feat, or methods that I WOULD rely on to get something near that level of achievement....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Honestly this is wrong. The pve kills lb is mostly botters. The only exception I know currently is Leo who truly does run wt4. She deserves a banner of all banners for her efforts on the pve kills lb.

People run scripts that allow them to leave their pc running and farm kills and they aren't even on the game.

It's a battle that sts has turned the other cheek on so eh. If someone wants a banner that bad then so be it. I just stopped looking and caring about the lb a couple seasons ago.
    Shout outs to frequencies who is also a legit rogue who runs wt4 constantly and nearly at 1mil kills

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Would it make a difference if the kills only counted if you are in a 'level appropriate' map, ie one you would get experience in if you weren't a capped player?

I run through low level areas to level up pets, but kind of silly to have those actually count as 'kills' in a competition.
    Wonder if having to do harder areas would introduce enough randomness to defeat scripts (can't one hit kill monsters, actually have to do some interactive fighting).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Shout outs to frequencies who is also a legit rogue who runs wt4 constantly and nearly at 1mil kills
    And Tetter and Ilvias who farm KT4 daily while helping manage the guild as they are running. It's not all bots on the LB, but there are undoubtedly some, as well as many players who got their kills using exploits that are now fixed. Now other players can't realistically catch up so many of those names are not even in the game anymore, yet retain their titles.

That is why seasonal leaderboards should have been implemented long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    Would it make a difference if the kills only counted if you are in a 'level appropriate' map, ie one you would get experience in if you weren't a capped player?

I run through low level areas to level up pets, but kind of silly to have those actually count as 'kills' in a competition.
    Wonder if having to do harder areas would introduce enough randomness to defeat scripts (can't one hit kill monsters, actually have to do some interactive fighting).
    This is already the case. You can't get pve kills in maps other than tombs (including kraken mines) or the more recent expansion maps, if you are end game.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-12-2015 at 12:50 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Yes ty for adding the names. I don't want in any way to accuse every lb person of botting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Even when numbeddebmun (or whatever the spelling is) was accused of botting, she didn't get that many kills. Most of those outrageously high pve kills are from camp boulder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    A lot of people play a lot and still have lives also. Just because someone is on a leaderboard (this comes up constantly during events and is totally irritating) does not mean they have "no life". I know a lot of people who play at work, for example.

If someone's work involves a lot of phone time, they can be on the phone and playing at the same time. There are lots of ways that don't include having "no life".
    I do play mostly at work than at home
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

The way they made all these kills was the daily nordr quest... mate of me made hundreds of thousands kills there.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Leoakre: 100000% percent legit (when i first saw her on friend list i saw her in WT4 most of the time.)
    Ilvias: Constantly seen teleporting between KT4 - kraag entrance (0% botting, he even MSG'd me - he passed the test-wether-bot-or-not)
    Ravagerx: Legit nub fatty.
    Cusigma: Last spotted online in Deviant Misfits, previous guild was <Nerf Zeus> (seen once in paradise, expedition)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post: