Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: classbalance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

What destroyed PvP?

-Nekro,sns and other weapons of mass-destruction
    -the invention of blocking
    -horrors,karmas and magnubs

I went to PvP yesterday with some of my guildies and we all got smashed by the things on the list.

If i had the power,what would i do to repair pvp?
    -pets non-available for pvp
    -vote kick for pvp
    -a ''matchmaking'' sistem for pvp that lets you fight those that approach your gear

This is how IMO pvp would be repaired.
    Feel free to leave any feedback & hate on these ideas.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dimitrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    What destroyed PvP?

-Nekro,sns and other weapons of mass-destruction
    -the invention of blocking
    -horrors,karmas and magnubs

I went to PvP yesterday with some of my guildies and we all got smashed by the things on the list.

If i had the power,what would i do to repair pvp?
    -pets non-available for pvp
    -vote kick for pvp
    -a ''matchmaking'' sistem for pvp that lets you fight those that approach your gear

This is how IMO pvp would be repaired.
    Feel free to leave any feedback & hate on these ideas.
    Agree to what ruined pvp.
    Not sure about pets be non-available. Maybe 2 diff rooms for that?
    No vote kick for pvp. Shackler brought it up, and having experience playing in a room with him, he would more than likely tell his buds to vote kick anyone that isnt maxed with 5 paras and 10 eyes or whatever.(not literally but you know what i mean).
    Yes to matchmaking system. Id rather have that rather than another pvp map which is filled with tons of bugs and other flaws.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I still dont think that some people(OP) understand that rogues were meant to be the best at 1v1s. They are the absolute SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE toon. Mages are better for clash as they are AOE toons. Warriors are better for keeping the team alive and stacking heals because they are NOT needed in pve as of yet.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I still dont think that some people(OP) understand that rogues were meant to be the best at 1v1s. They are the absolute SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE toon. Mages are better for clash as they are AOE toons. Warriors are better for keeping the team alive and stacking heals because they are NOT needed in pve as of yet.
    +1. Well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Ever crossed your mind that applying nekro over shield only offers you a speed buff? Maybe that gale's 50% armor is canceled by aim shot's and axe throw's armor debuff due to game mechanics?

You simply have no idea (nor do you have gear) so it's no wonder you're getting your butt kicked by every second non afk rogue or tank. Also, Arc. Ring isn't max geared anymore, it's a commodity. Perhaps you should stick to pve instead of raging on forums about things you lack the understanding of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Robo you make threads that make me laugh. Every time i see you in pvp all you do is bad mouth anyone who kills you then run. allways saying how u would win if we give you our gear. But seriously every time i join a game with you you have picked a fight with someone. Just dont pvp it makes you to stressed. Just the humble opinions of a noob mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I want to keep it as simple as possible and no i dont want to post this in the classbalance thread!!!

In the past:

warrior > mage
    mage > rogue
    rogue > warrior

I could kill rogues in 1on1 like bless or amokachi and so on... As you know bless won the last rogue tourney. So he is for sure no nab and when im able to kill him like 6 times out 12 or 13 fair fights i cant be a nab too because a nab or even advanced mages would win 0 out of 13!

So what is it today?

rogue > warrior
    rogue >>> mage

Yes i can kill undergeared rogues... but NO i cant kill rogues that are near my gear. Good warriors with equal gear were impossible to kill 1on1, that hasnt changed...

The question is: Whats the point? It takes no skill at all to be a killing rogue-rambo, 1 shot or 1 combo and nearly all "fights" are over. I release my charged shield (2 seconds invulnerability dont apply to my toon most of the time) and activate nekro AA but im dead within 2 seconds... lol ?

ps: No i dont speak for the maxed geared mages with elon gun, imbued gear, arcane ring, myth pendand, 3 para gems and 13 eye gems with 5,5k hp, 52% crit, more then 1000 damage and around 1500 armor plus a nekro.... but even these maxed out mages lose to good rogues which dont need to be maxed out to win...

so again: WHATS THE POINT ?

Also important: Any changes in the future planned, STS?
    What damage do you expect from a rogue that HER PURPOSE is doing high damage to single target?
    You over pushing it. You all got lot of buffs.

Poslano sa mog GT-I9505 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    You're acting like AL is meant for 1v1? Of course the single target class is going to beat the AoE class, why does this fact not make sense? In a clash setting, more mages > more rogues..
    U r acting like AL is already balanced and all classes can do what they r meant to do. His argument is valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

As a mage keep improvising, mix things up n don't waste a milisec between attacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Whats a purpose of this thread? What are you suggesting?

Last edited by Mylast; 08-15-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mylast View Post
    Whats a purpose of this thread? What are suggesting?

To delete all gears above OP's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Mhmm. Thats not gonna happen

Endgame is expensive sport. Maybe try twinking where you wont meet a lot of OP people. Mages do kill, they even kill tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    U r acting like AL is already balanced and all classes can do what they r meant to do. His argument is valid.
    In PVP all classes can do what they're meant to do more or less, PVE is another story, (taunts nuff said). Rogues own 1v1 because they're made for that, tanks can tank lots of DMG and take the pressure off of DPS like they should, mages can attack groups with their AoE attacks, and heal their team, making them a mix between support and pure offense, like they should be. So, what's overly unbalanced here?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

He is talking about vs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

He is talking about vs

Once again, classes and the current PVP modes aren't designed for VS, so anything regarding that is invalid IMO.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Once again, classes and the current PVP modes aren't designed for VS, so anything regarding that is invalid IMO.
    Yeah. I get that part. He doesnt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

He is talking about vs

I don't understand why he is sad about. IMO all classes are balanced atm except a couple of mages. Not mage class as a whole but a couple of mages

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Seriously stay out of my thread!

1. I said i dont speak for the maxed geared mages, you should better read beore posting nonsense.
    2. I sold kershal long ago i actually have a l46 legendary weapon.
    3. i have arcane ring quite some time, even nekro.
    4. Yes i dont have para or eye and again you should learn to read because i said exactly this.
    5. You say i dont have any skill, well lol... All i can say is i could kill nearly any mage except a handfull in vs when gear wasnt as important then it is today. I could kill nearly any rogues except a handfull like the old predator... but honestly my matchup vs warriors was bad since day one until now.

Obviously you donkt like me, i give that feeling back to you and again STAY OUT OF MY THREAD WHEN YOU JUST TROLL!
    You dont own the thread. Its not yours. These are public forums owned by sts that you are using

It doesnt even matter if it stacks or not because there are rogues that just 1 shot/combo me, and of course not only me, while my shield is up with 4500hp and 2600 armor with gale buff. You just dont get the point. The point here is, the fight is over before it even began although i did everything possible to be ready for defence (active shield -> around 8300 hp, 2600 armor) and still a rogue just needs 1 combo to kill -> this is ridiculous!
    Also i dont think you can judge my skill, judge my skill or my package after new myth gear is common. Also tell me mages with average skill that could kill some of the best rogues (f.e. bless, amokachi just to name 2) and mages. Ask Tongasmash we were good buddys some time ago and we are again although all the horror/karma/loyal - magnum BS! Ask him about my skills at the times were gear didn't matter as much as it does today. If he is honest he will tell you that i`m not an average nab mage because our fights were totally 50/50 who will win and who will lose and that being said his gear even at that times was a little better then mine! Also the nowadays untouchable OP geared mages like rage or voorg could be killed some time (very long time lol) ago in a fair vs and of course this doesnt happen today, where gear separates players with such a huge gap! Just don't forget that gear matters so much today and judge ppl`s skill because he is undergeared - you gonna be surprised how many undergeared players have great skills but not the gear to be competitive. I can remember some rogues at lvlcap41 with normal gear, GREAT skills that kicked *** and impressed / surprised me a lot!

When you don't realize that rogues are totally op in vs today and you call this a "flamey lol-thread" you are the below average AL-pvp-player, sorry!

@Shiny: I sold kershal some weeks ago and i preferred getting arcane ring + nekro instead of getting a myth gun since the skill damage of l46 brutality gun is the same as old kershal. My lightning skill max damage with damage lix is 2130. I figured out the timing between nekro and shield although my nekro isnt l46 and im not really confident until today with lack of pvp experience with him at pvp. I also figured out that the new heal buff is imho related a lot to armor value. I tested pve normal tindrin and with low armor, around 1300k, i die very fast before a heal tick even happens. With 2600 armor it really feels like mini juggernaut. My skills are charged around 60% of time pvp - 100% at pve, just depending on situation when you have the feeling "enemy is nearly dead spam him"...
    If your using gale against a rogue you deserve to lose for not understanding how debuffs work. You say you can beat most if your equally geared but you dont understand how debuffs work? Hmm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    You dont own the thread. Its not yours. These are public forums owned by sts that you are using

If your using gale against a rogue you deserve to lose for not understanding how debuffs work. You say you can beat most if your equally geared but you dont understand how debuffs work? Hmm...
    We have a term for this, called auto-lever, lol. The OP had a kershal, has a arcane ring and prob arcane pet?(cant remember about pet but ring yes) and cannot understand simple mechanics :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I had kershal for a very long time and a staff is a bad choice vs warriors in 1on1`s since you have to stay away from them. Another problem with staying away is the connection issue. On my screen my toon is far away from the warrior but he still deals massive damage to me, no not with axe^^... So that's something many ppl forget to talk about -> connection / ping / timing. Even when you exactly know what you want at which time doesn't mean it will happen because the delay is nearly nothing now and one moment later its like 1,5 seconds... You cant time skills and other tactics good enough. Rav is a very tough warrior i never would be able to kill him in a vs and i think i even cant kill him when we both are maxed out... honestly i think there is no mage that could beat him in a vs-series. Perhaps conradev in its prime or arry, at least none of the maxed out magnum mages thats for sure.

My build vs warriors in vs is: light, gale (obviously to counter axe), ice, shield. I will switch ice to heal when needed... again the problem is the staff because you dont hit the warrior while running away from him, with a gun its totally different. I know you are a good mage shiny but try to fight a good warrior with a kersh -> it sucks

About the heal buff: 1100hp per tick, honestly that sounds awesome and will help f.e. vs warriors a lot but i guess you agree it doesnt help anything vs 1shot/combo-rogues.

I made this thread just because the balance regarding warrior beats mage, rogue beats warrior, mage beats rogue is gone! Today rogue beats all classes and imho that was not intended!
    Also i have to say i'm looking forward to the new myth gear because gems (para/eye) are the only advantage some players will have and some will realize again that is has nothing to do with skill in first place but gear. I mean there are several players (maxed out) that act like they are so skilled that will fall deep after mainstream will have the new myth set. Im looking forward. The para/eye advantage will still be huge but not as big as it is today.

@Ssneakykills

DITO !

@Visiting

Yes... but... every class should have its "easy" target in vs. The easy target for mages should be rogues and this matchup is messed up! Just ask the maxed pro mages how they do vs good geared rogues!

@kixkaxx/Xdumbx: I wont feed the trolls anymore. All i can say is i never read one of your names in any fight so it looks like you are 2 out of many unknown haxors. lol
    Rogues ARE easy targets for mages.. I pvped against you this morning and youre still wondering how you cant kill a rogue? It was 2 of us rogues vs 2 of you mages and you had an additional rogue or two on your side. Dont say it was a gear difference because each side had a nekro. You just dont understand how to kill a rogue. Any mage that knows simple mechanics of the game can kill a rogue easy.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post: