Thread: Eloia's Bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Default Eloia's Bow

Hello everyone and Dear Sts,

I have some remarks in regards to Eloia's Bow:

1. The so called buff in Thursday's update is sadly fake. It ONLY added damage to the "damage" value in the character sheet, but did NOT change the skill damage when using the bow (tested before update, took screenshots of aimed shot and nox bolt damage range in the skills menu, etc.)
    2. When you applied the fake "buff" to the "damage" value in the character sheet you forgot to do the same with the "dps" value, so it still shows the same -74 dps as before the "buff"
    3. The proc is either bugged or just waaaaay too rare. I had to do 8 solo normal "The wilds" runs to make it proc once.
    4. The animation of the bow and the way it is being held by our toon in particular is still kinda off.

All in all I think a second look at this weapon and maybe all event weapons is necessary. Ty in advance!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Hello everyone and Dear Sts,

I have some remarks in regards to Eloia's Bow:

1. The so called buff in Thursday's update is sadly fake. It ONLY added damage to the "damage" value in the character sheet, but did NOT change the skill damage when using the bow (tested before update, took screenshots of aimed shot and nox bolt damage range in the skills menu, etc.)
    2. When you applied the fake "buff" to the "damage" value in the character sheet you forgot to do the same with the "dps" value, so it still shows the same -74 dps as before the "buff"
    3. The proc is either bugged or just waaaaay too rare. I had to do 8 solo normal "The wilds" runs to make it proc once.
    4. The animation of the bow and the way it is being held by our toon in particular is still kinda off.

All in all I think a second look at this weapon and maybe all event weapons is necessary. Ty in advance!
    Thank you, Jazzi. I was hoping you would post about this. Great stuff, as always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and hopefully add a dps ex.to potency bow lv46 from 148dps to atleast 156dps closed to Giant bow potency has 158dps and Eloi weapon is consider as rare loot in chest and exlusively on event.the adding dps now is not worth it as rare loot weapon in an event.Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

..disappointing dps, disappointing/non-existing proc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Still way better than the mage and warrior weapons. At least rogues got a usable crate weapon.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Still way better than the mage and warrior weapons. At least rogues got a usable crate weapon.
    yep, it seems mages and warriors are ditched :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I equipped and compared giant bone bow of brutality to eloia potency...the damage, which was much lower before this update, is now about the same, and so are the skill damage numbers....so that part apears to be fine.

The lower dps of eloia bows compared to crate bows is merely due to a slower normal shot fire rate, a common kind of difference between any weapons (e.g. devourer bow compared to shuyal bows).

Just the proc--very rare and buggy looking animation--and the visual placement in relation to the hand, are what needs attention on the bows. The proc needs to do some damage to be meaningful.
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-14-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    I equipped and compared giant bone bow of brutality to eloia potency...the damage, which was much lower before this update, is now about the same, and so are the skill damage numbers....so that part apears to be fine.

The lower dps of eloia bows compared to crate bows is merely due to a slower normal shot fire rate, a common kind of difference between any weapons (e.g. devourer bow compared to shuyal bows).

Just the proc--very rare and buggy looking animation--and the visual placement in relation to the hand, are what needs attention on the bows. The proc needs to do some damage to be meaningful.
    I just want to reiterate this: the skill damage while using Eloia's bow of potency did NOT change after the update. It stayed the same as before the update. Only the "damage" value in the character sheet changed! Your explanation about the "DPS" value is very logical, but in this case it did not change either after the update.

I hope I could make my co concerns clearer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

that's odd then that skill damage and dps stayed the same while damage stat changed. i wouldn't know why that was, but the all numbers seem correct now as compared to crate bows. that's cool that you documented that, maybe just the damage was off but ya it should effect all the other numbers. odd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I just want to reiterate this: the skill damage while using Eloia's bow of potency did NOT change after the update. It stayed the same as before the update. Only the "damage" value in the character sheet changed! Your explanation about the "DPS" value is very logical, but in this case it did not change either after the update.

I hope I could make my co concerns clearer
    I'm just curious. How are you testing damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Skill damage and stat sheet damage are different. Stat sheet damage is the damage of your auto-attack with the current equipped weapon. When you go to your skills tab and read the description on each skill, it gives you a damage range that you will do when using that particular skill, with the weapon that is currently equipped.

The most notable example is with the Arcane Maul (warrior). With a maul, a warrior has very high damage on his skill sheet (so people inspect him and go "oooh aahhhh") but when the skill damage is looked at, these numbers are very low. When you look at a newer weapon (bonesaw etc.), the displayed damage won't be as impressive-looking, but the skill damage is much much higher.

Since most players rarely use autoattack (other than dagger rogues and staff mages), it is actually the skill damage numbers that matter. What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I am talking about the damage value in the character sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".
    ^^This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Skill damage and stat sheet damage are different. Stat sheet damage is the damage of your auto-attack with the current equipped weapon. When you go to your skills tab and read the description on each skill, it gives you a damage range that you will do when using that particular skill, with the weapon that is currently equipped.

The most notable example is with the Arcane Maul (warrior). With a maul, a warrior has very high damage on his skill sheet (so people inspect him and go "oooh aahhhh") but when the skill damage is looked at, these numbers are very low. When you look at a newer weapon (bonesaw etc.), the displayed damage won't be as impressive-looking, but the skill damage is much much higher.

Since most players rarely use autoattack (other than dagger rogues and staff mages), it is actually the skill damage numbers that matter. What the op is saying is that they changed the stat sheet damage, but did not adjust the skill damage to reflect the change - thus making the buff essentially "fake".
    My terra bow of brutality with regular rein gems gives me 857 dmg. My eloia bow of potency with excellent finesse jewels gives me 864 damage. On the skill screen, the damage for the eloia bow is higher than the damage for the terra bow by about what you'd expect (I don't remember the exact numbers).

This leads me to believe the damage buff is actually real.

However, the DPS is still unbuffed, and all the event weapons proc way too infrequently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

My terra bow of brutality with regular rein gems gives me 857 dmg. My eloia bow of potency with excellent finesse jewels gives me 864 damage. On the skill screen, the damage for the eloia bow is higher than the damage for the terra bow by about what you'd expect (I don't remember the exact numbers).

This leads me to believe the damage buff is actually real.

However, the DPS is still unbuffed, and all the event weapons proc way too infrequently.
    The skill damage was of the terra/giant bone bow and the Eloia's bow were more or less identical even before the buff. I know most people did not care to check, because the damage difference in the character sheet was pretty huge. My point is that this skill damage did not change after the "fake buff". The only thing that changed is the "damage" value in the character sheet. The "dps" value n the character sheet and the skill damage in the skills' menu did not change at all.

I don't if this is a bug or intentional, but in my opinion it is not right and should be addressed together with the almost non-existent proc of all event weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The skill damage was of the terra/giant bone bow and the Eloia's bow were more or less identical even before the buff. I know most people did not care to check, because the damage difference in the character sheet was pretty huge. My point is that this skill damage did not change after the "fake buff". The only thing that changed is the "damage" value in the character sheet. The "dps" value n the character sheet and the skill damage in the skills' menu did not change at all.

I don't if this is a bug or intentional, but in my opinion it is not right and should be addressed together with the almost non-existent proc of all event weapons.
    Was the skill damage of the rengol weapons higher when they first came out? Or has it remained the same?

How much lower is it than the myth bows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Was the skill damage of the rengol weapons higher when they first came out? Or has it remained the same?

How much lower is it than the myth bows?
    No, the skill damage of Rengol bows never changed since its release. It remained the same through all "nerfs" and "buffs".

A rogue who uses a myth bow and has the exact same "damage" value in her/his character sheet will have 50-100 (lower-upper range) more aimed shot skill damage than a Rengol potency bow user. This is with maridos and no damage lix. The difference is respectively bigger with a pet like nekro or 25/30% damage lix.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

It has been an headache since the expansion without proper weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psychoshawn1992:2249526
    It has been an headache since the expansion without proper weapons.
    not sure what proper means, normally only legendary weapons are released at start of expansions from what i understand. but yes there's been some glitches on both the crate bows and eloia bows when being released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

even if only the stat damage (i.e. auto attack damage) on the character sheet was raised, this is still a real buff as opposed to a fake buff. even with bow rogues, auto attack matters as the most efficient delivery of damage on a single target is to tap aimed, tap auto, tap nox, tap auto, tap aimed, etc...fitting in auto attack between the two main skills. so higher auto attack damage matters. dps on character sheet is not as relevant since auto attack is ready between use of skills, with either bows fire rate.
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    even if only the stat damage (i.e. auto attack damage) on the character sheet was raised, this is still a real buff as opposed to a fake buff. even with bow rogues, auto attack matters as the most efficient delivery of damage on a single target is to tap aimed, tap auto, tap nox, tap auto, tap aimed, etc...fitting in auto attack between the two main skills. so higher auto attack damage matters. dps on character sheet is inconsequential since auto attack is always ready between use of skills.
    This is completely off topic, but I can't help it but to correct u here. The most efficient way to deliver damage/highest effective damage output is not by using auto attack between skills. In fact one should use no auto attacks or just a single one per combo (aimed, nox, auto, piercer).