I suffered reading some of these comments by mages and rogues :/ (not all)
Between the extreme exagerations, the complete lack of knowledge of pvp, and the complete mmix of random comments, i could barely piece together what this thread is about.

First we need to stop comparing things based solely on paper. This actually would tell you tanks are the dominant class stat wise.... and maul is better than bonesaw, the eloia bow upgrade was useful etc...

First we need to level the playing field as much as possible.
(not in pvp yet)

Maxed Mage- 5.6K Health, 1500ish armor, 1000 damage, 43% crit, 10%dodge
Maxed Rogue- 5.2k Health, 1980 armor, 900 damage 46% crit, 50%dodge (crits on rogue is far stronger than a crit on mage)

Based solely on paper which class looks superior, rogue correct?

Now lets look at debuffs + buffs put on each class after skills are used (excluding pets):

Mage- -15% base armor, +50% armor (cancelled) +stun and bleed immunity, low chance to avoid auto attack (low damage shots), 55% damage reduction for about 8 seconds during vs
Rogue- -10% damage, +stun immunity, 3 individual packs healing 30% health each, high chance to avoid auto attack(low damage shots)

So lets look at what that^^ all means
Mage- 7.8k health for 7-9 seconds (in form of shield), 1000 damage, 1275 armor, Stun immunity for 7-9 seconds, tanks low damage shots (all other stats same)
Rogue- 9.8k health (in form of possible heal), 810 damage, 1980 armor, stun immunity for 8 seconds, low damage shots are void(with sp heal and dodge) (all other stats same)

Again it looks like rogues are the clear winner on PAPER!!

The rogues heal pack heals about 1.5k per pack, if it loses one of those packs rogues drop from 9.8k-8.3k-6.8k.... Not only this, but the statement "rogues dish out damage the fastest" is true on paper, but not in practice....

In the sample above rogues are using pack, razor, sp, aim.. Now most mages are smart to stay away from packs too avoid being sp often... Usually a rogue may pull off one sp before having to stay too close too packs, too sp without the loss of a needed pack...

I must say that pretty much balances out the mage vs rogue scenario...

Now clashes i have to test before blabbering about it....