Thread: Considering being part of the AL community

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Considering being part of the AL community

Heyo,

I'm not known at all throughout the AL community, so I'd first like to introduce myself. I have been playing Pocket Legends since the first month it came out (5 years ago) and have been part of this STS community through it all. My PL ign is Ghost.

I played AL when it first came out - I became bored of the PvP and grinding, and quit.

However, I was tempted to come back only because I think the graphics are stunning, and maybe I could invest a little more time into AL. That said, I have created a Mage. Zeus was helpful to give me some advice, but I figured it would make sense to ask the community. I'm really into PvP - the grinding and all that stuff is bread and butter to me - I host(ed) several tournaments in PL. The core of these games for me is the PvP.

So I have some questions:

1) I decided I wanted to skip the leveling and do the auto-level to 41 (which I'll go back and do the maps... and I know I need to level to 46 for endgame I believe). How effective are mages in PvP? What's a common/your version of a "best" build? (Any links for a nice build would be great... I'll be looking around as well).

2) Is it even worth it to invest my time into getting the "best" gear? In PL it is relatively simple... but as far as I can remember, all of the Arcane items costed anywhere from 20-50mill gold (which to me was impossible to obtain, only because I'm too impatient). Is that still the same? Should I even bother going for any of these items, or are there alternatives items that I can use that will still allow me to compete? I'm really pumped to hop into PvP, but if it's too difficult to get any of the items, then I won't even bother.

3) What are the current maps that people farm at now? What dungeons are the big money-makers?

4) How much skill is necessary for AL PvP?

I will probably have several more questions later, but if anyone could answer these questions, that would be awesome. Also, feel free to add me: Polyox

I'll definitely be looking for a guild to join Would love to get to know some of the people around here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

all 20-50m items are worth 1-5m now :> be happy u will have it much easier now but u have to farm a lot to buy them

Gesendet von meinem LG-P760 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Awe wcb! I was in your PL guild when I first started. Hit me up in game @ Candykissed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Will.. No.. Not the dark side..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promagin View Post
    Will.. No.. Not the dark side..
    Hahaha no worries, I'm still going strong in PL. Can't ever choose AL over PL.

@Candy - Awesome, thanks! What guild were you in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

IF u want to purely PVP then 42 mage is best suited for PVP.

still 41 imbued gear is better gear at 46 too until 46 mythic get released

Elon gun > Frost gun (mythic guns level 41) (4.5m to 6.5m)
    "Imbued brutality set" 41.. > "supreme hat of assault 42, foragers robe of assault 42" > level 36 helm and aremor set
    Planar mythic Pendant
    Arcane ring
    epic belt int one.

Have at least one item with para gem stone.

IF u opt level 43 then u will end up with 44 and 45 too.

Pets: Nekro , singe , Maridos, Toor

IGN : Bluesparky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

1) mages are op in pvp if you use them correctly. As for build i cant say cause i dont play mage.
    4) If you have a nekro then you wont need too much of skill honestly. Just use the aa and charge at your enemy. However if you dont have nekro then you will have to play with brains. I often get people pm me saying "dont run" when they use nekro aa and i manage to kill them(rare occasions). So be prepared to receive hate from killing higher geared players or even a 2v1 where theyre teaming you.
    P.S.: If you dont have a nekro, timing means everything between a win or loss. If you can manage to kill an enemy before they even use their nekro aa, then I welcome you to the pro people group.(jk, that doesnt exist but you will see what i mean). All in all, AL pvp is more leaned towards gear unlike PL pvp, which was more towards your build and strategy, and gears. AL is pretty much 80% gear and 20% skill. Give or take a few percentage points.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

for a mage, your skills are mostly AoE, so your much of a mob controller. I think i'll detail some skills for you.

FireBall: Its a main crowd control skill, use the first three upgrades (1,2,3). I do not know about the 4th upgrade if it works in PvE (which is it reduces DMG chance by ~25%).

Lightning: Use 1 3 4 upgrades, if you're looking for a pure PvE build, try to use 12,3,4 upgrades.

IceBolt: This is a GREAT skill for freezing mobs, this skill freezes mobs within a certain range, cluster up mobs and charge freeze (with upgrades 2,3) and they get frozen for about ~7s. It's a great PvP skill, but lets stick with PvE until you learn to use the mage. And, yes the 2nd and 3rd upgrades are one increases the skill's duration to 7s, while the other adds a DoT (DMG over time). Charging the skill is essential, as an un-charged icebolt will freeze only one enemy and damage it as well (unless you have the 3rd/2nd one, a bit confused on that one.)

I will add more, Later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Heya! Welcome aboard to the AL Community
    As a Mage at endgame (lvl 46), if you gear up, you can do some damage once you get the hang of it, as for build I can't really help since I haven't poked around on my Mage since the 46 cap, so I don't know what skills are the "norm" currently.

Getting top geared currently isn't super hard due to arcane/mythic prices dropping like a rock. To be truly top geared as a Mage, you're looking at around 20mil in gear, but they're are of course cheaper alternatives that'll do just fine too.

People are mostly farming the Planar Arena for vial drops and the new Ren'Gol maps for Orc Tag drops, though some people are grinding Kraken Mines and similar locked crate spots for Ren'Gol Crate drops.

There's a lot of disagreement on whether skill is necessary in AL PVP due to the gear gap that once existed (mostly the last 3 or so seasons), since this gap has more or less been closed due to the arcane/myth price drop, you'll see that AL PVP is pretty much all skill based now due to everyone being relatively close in stats to some point. If you join a top geared clash, the winner will always be determined by who has more skill/knowledge and can use it properly (or whoever has more SNS .-.). If you get good at playing your class, and that aspect is recognized, expect many PMs calling for your help

Note: The AL PVP community is a a bit "rough" compared to the other Legend's communities, things such as "rushing", "ganging", and "blocking" will happen more than it would in the other games, so be warned.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm afraid PVP will never be based around skill. Everybody usually has the same skills and it isn't even about the gear, it's about the gems you have.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Squeezable For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I would suggest a Twink, around level 15 perhaps, with maxed out gear for his level to do pvp on, since it is cheaper.
    Perhaps have a endgame mage for farming purposes, since mage is considered kind of weak in pvp (I really don't agree, but that's what people say.)

The gear is quite cheap at the moment, but the gems are not, and the gems are what makes a difference.

Atm people farm the event,farm lockeds in kraken mines 3,farm arena,daily quests for orc tags (lvl 46 only),planar tombs.
    Think that is all I know, If you want to chat about anything like this to a nab that Is undergeared for some reason, Add me!
    "Chatting" is the ign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Welcome to the AL community!

1)Well i play as a mage and i must say that every class is useful in pvp (i do not say that it is balanced;i hope you have heared of "magnubs",or "Nekro").This is my lvl 46 build:
    All points at intellingence ofc

Passives:5/5 crit,int,str,dex, and 4/5 durable

Skills: frost bolt: 4/5(upgrades 1,2,3)
    lightning: 3/5 (upgrades 1 and 3)
    fireball: 3/5 (upgrades 2 and 3)
    shield: 4/5 (upgrades 1,3 and 4)
    time shift : 5/5 (all upgrades)
    lifegiver: 2/5 (just upgrade 2)

2)If you have money to spend into AL then i suggest that you open locked crates,and not turn plat into gold.And the price of the arcanes has significantly decreased (i got a maridos for 1.5mil :> )

3)Well the undergeared lvl 46 players do kraken mines level 3,others do planar arena,or elite wilds...so ATM those are the big moneymakers.But there are still more farmable maps,such as: elite Rook's nest( for malison),Misty Grotto (for chaos jewels and insignias),etc,etc...

4)If you buy Nekro then you will need no more skill.

Have fun in the game bro! ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

If you aren't interested in grinding then I wouldn't recommend endgame. Twink gear can be bought for under 1 mil if you are ok with being second tier geared. Mages aren't good at twink levels(especially without top gear). Go rogue or warrior and stay between level 10 and 20. You will do just fine there. If you are buying plat you can make 5mil or more from 1700 plat if you buy luck/damage/speed/ankh kits with it and sell them in CS. This would get you an arcane pet and some of the best twink gear available. 5 mil at endgame won't get you anywhere near top geared. You will be food for top geared pvpers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry everyone to break ur illusions but twinks gears are now almost as high cost as endgame ones my stuff cost me 9m or about 8.95m while endgame cost about 15 m and my pet is nekro too so im max gear and still i have no options except pvping which can be boring. be sure of ur decision before get in 15 bracket anyway my name is srinoy add me when u want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Yo William, come and twink with me at 15-17 buddy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Yo William, come and twink with me at 15-17 buddy
    Not sure, I always enjoy going end game.

But thank you for the responses everybody, it's really appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Not sure, I always enjoy going end game.

But thank you for the responses everybody, it's really appreciated.

Mages are a good choice at endgame. Equipment will cost you 20mil+ for the top gear(not top gemmed though) with Nekro(best arcane pet). To give you an idea of how hard that is to obtain, the current things worth farming are dragon bars, vials, and locks. Dragon bars take around 300 elite wilds runs to make at 7 minutes(5 minutes with OP party) a run. These bars sell for north of 2mil. Vials are dropped from chests in arena and some mobs in elite tindrin. It is all rng based but I find you get one in every 50 or so runs. Each run takes around 4.5 minutes(3 mins with OP party). Vials sell for 300k. Locks are farmed in kraken mines 3. You usually get 4 or 5 every 30 minutes when using a luck elixir and leprechaun pendant. Locks sell for around 10k each.

If you want to pvp and don't care about your kdr then you can buy gear for an endgame mage for 300-500k. This will get you the set that drops out of the rengol crates. Buy a cheap damage pet(yowie, blinky, gyrm, etc.) This setup won't make you a beast but should get you rolling.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

End game pvp needs new faces. No doubt! It will not cost you 20m either....

Nekro 5m
    Ring 3m
    Imbued assault set 2m
    Rifle 4m

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thanks a ton everyone!

How does a rogue compare at endgame then? What then becomes the needed gear (and how much)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Thanks a ton everyone!

How does a rogue compare at endgame then? What then becomes the needed gear (and how much)?
    Giant bone bow of potency 500k-ish i think, imbued helm + forager tunic of potency (other helms work though) - about 1.5-2.5m, Myth Belt - 1m, Arc ring - 3m, Planar Ammy - recipe is like 100k, drag bar is about 3-4m (?), Nekro - 5m
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯