Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please fix mage's frost bolt skill in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Please fix mage's frost bolt skill in pvp

I don't know which section should I make this thread . Pvp or bug section . I am sorry to post it here.

Anyways the issue about frost bolt skill, it does not stun and also it adds time to the stun immunity of opposite party in PVP. Due to this bug we cannot fight rogues in 1 on 1 vs. It's important because this bug is causing heavy imbalance between mage and rogue.

I hope STS listens to this. I know rogue will just get more angry if it's fixed. But important thing is, I am not asking for any buffs. I am just expecting a balance between rogue and mage class.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Edited: to avoid further confusion.
    I came to know that frost bolt freeze was removed from pvp. However, when frost bolt is used it gives stun immunity to the damage receiver. Also reset stun immunity timer. Which is a bug.
    I kindly request STS to fix issue about stun immunity when mages use frost bolt skill.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by yubaraj; 08-24-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Sincewhen did it ever stun

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I think he's saying frost doesn't stun but it adds stun immunity on the victim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

yes quite annoying, but not very hard to work around....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Sincewhen did it ever stun
    TBH I am not the old player who played AL PVP from the beginning. It's not the basis for frost is bugged or not.

Just tell me Frost Bolt is bugged or not?(maybe you will deny or You dont play mage idk). In addition, fire, lighting, gale stuns . Frost is our primary skill in vs why its not stunning. And if u have read the frost bolt description "freezes enemy for 4 seconds".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    TBH I am not the old player who played AL PVP from the beginning. It's not the basis for frost is bugged or not.

Just tell me Frost Bolt is bugged or not?(maybe you will deny or You dont play mage idk). In addition, fire, lighting, gale stuns . Frost is our primary skill in vs why its not stunning. And if u have read the frost bolt description "freezes enemy for 4 seconds".
    Frost stunned in PVP for only a short time (according to Alhunt :O) since it would basically be a better version of Breeze, and we all know how that worked out...
    Last edited by Visiting; 08-21-2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Fixed :o
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Frost has never stunned in PVP since it would basically be a better version of Breeze, and we all know how that worked out...
    That means Frost is bugged since AL PVP started. I know what happens if they fix the frost skill bug. Mage will dominate high single damage dealer. Thats why rogue will never say yes to fixing this bug. Another bug is that it adds to the stun immunity time which is so unfair. It's a bug. Bug should be fixed.

STS fixed recent rogue health pack bug in 2-3 weeks. BUT WHY FROST SKILL BUG IS NOT FIXED IN PVP. If u don't give frost stun then change the description "freeze enemies only in pve."

At least, STS fix the bug that adds stun immunity time when mages use frost skill. Please and thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Frost does not stun in PvP but it slows. I actually find it more useful since stun immunity skills cannot block it, so other than a nekro shield, it works 100% of the time. Against rogues it can slow them from getting to their packs.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Frost has never stunned in PVP since it would basically be a better version of Breeze, and we all know how that worked out...
    Actually, it, along with clock, stunned when PvP first came out. I agree with it being nerfed because it is too OP.

That however isn't the issue at hand. The problem is, ICE RESETS STUN IMMUNITY. This is an incredibly game changing bug which should be fixed ASAP. It's been this way for goodness knows how long and it's about time it was fixed.

By resetting the stun immunity timer, I mean that if you start with ice, the following fireball will not stun. This has to be fixed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    That however isn't the issue at hand. The problem is, ICE RESETS STUN IMMUNITY. This is an incredibly game changing bug which should be fixed ASAP. It's been this way for goodness knows how long and it's about time it was fixed.

By resetting the stun immunity timer, I mean that if you start with ice, the following fireball will not stun. This has to be fixed.
    That explains a lot... i was just wondering why exactly this happens so often but its just another bug.

I`d love to play this game without all those design mistakes (f.e. debuffs cancel buffs), glitches (f.e. maul stuns ignoring stunimmunity) and bugs (f.e. topic of this thread)... its really sad that you have to know all those issues and to find a way around it to be competitive. The "debuff overrides buffs" alone takes away so many build strategies... just sad!

edit: Is this related to a special ice skill upgrade or even without any ?
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-21-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

edit: Is this related to a special ice skill upgrade or even without any ?

Frost bolt starts the stun immunity or add to the stun time even without any upgrade as my experience.
    I tried several built in my 15 - 17 twink. Shield light fire ice is the best skillset to encounter rogue. However, because of this stupid bug we are always dominated by equally geared or skilled rogue in VS.

I hope STS fix this bug before releasing 1v1 pvp map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Frost does not stun in PvP but it slows. I actually find it more useful since stun immunity skills cannot block it, so other than a nekro shield, it works 100% of the time. Against rogues it can slow them from getting to their packs.
    Are you sure you think this bug is useful against mage vs rogue? You said 100% in what context? Even if rogue are slowed down a little bit, skilled rogue who knows the good timing can get all their packs. And I know what happens when they get all their packs
    ( slow down is not so noticeable like arcane patch, nilbog poison pool)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Are you sure you think this bug is useful against mage vs rogue? You said 100% in what context? Even if rogue are slowed down a little bit, skilled rogue who knows the good timing can get all their packs. And I know what happens when they get all their packs
    ( slow down is not so noticeable like arcane patch, nilbog poison pool)
    The slow is pretty severe from frost actually. And you have no idea how far our packs appear from us now. Any mage with common sense can kill a rogue before they reach packs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    The slow is pretty severe from frost actually. And you have no idea how far our packs appear from us now. Any mage with common sense can kill a rogue before they reach packs
    I agree to disagree here.
    I am not denying frost doesn't slow in pvp but it's not significant like arcane patch and nilbog pool. I have seen lots of skilled rogues who can use health pack skill in a way that packs appears in a middle. Idk how they do it or they lucky .
    You are talking about common sense. Oh Ya I forgot mage can kill rogue in 2 shot . Charge lightning fire and rogue is dead before they can reach to their packs.

Don't exaggerate please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I had this one listed for the longest time and there was no fix nor anything mentioned so I'm guessing it's there for balance. Before everyone and their family could afford a nekro this was much more powerful since knowledgeable mages would start off by light and then stun, increasing their winning chances by a whole lot. If ice didn't initiate stun immunity, rogues would be dying left and right when mages would figure out that shield light ice fire light ice could kill pretty much every equal or even a bit higher gear rogue. Again, we're talking pre-nekro era.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I had this one listed for the longest time and there was no fix nor anything mentioned so I'm guessing it's there for balance. Before everyone and their family could afford a nekro this was much more powerful since knowledgeable mages would start off by light and then stun, increasing their winning chances by a whole lot. If ice didn't initiate stun immunity, rogues would be dying left and right when mages would figure out that shield light ice fire light ice could kill pretty much every equal or even a bit higher gear rogue. Again, we're talking pre-nekro era.
    Yes, I checked your bug list and I see it has been removed from the list.

Please STS we need some clear explanation , why frost bolt skill bug is not fixed.

Rogue has razor shield to encounter stun and some rogue has op pet necro.

Imo it's not fair or balance when opposite side get stun immunity without getting stunned.

I know mages will dominate 1v1 rogue if frost get a stun ability too.

I am just expecting if they could fix this stun immunity bug that would be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Frost bolt originally did freeze a lot more in pvp (*it was a heavy slow, not technically a root though), and the result was as Madnex suggested. Freeze is not stun, so mages would come in with fireball, follow with lightning and ice. Granted ice didn't last as long in pvp as pve, but when they followed it with slag's panic, they could effectively immobilize any enemy for as long as they felt like. By alternating stun, freeze and panic, they used no one effect frequently enough for "immunity" to be a problem.

However in actuality there is no difference on the receiving end. You're a stuck duck in that situation, and there is no game in being held immobile until you die.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Frost bolt originally did freeze a lot more in pvp (*it was a heavy slow, not technically a root though), and the result was as Madnex suggested. Freeze is not stun, so mages would come in with fireball, follow with lightning and ice. Granted ice didn't last as long in pvp as pve, but when they followed it with slag's panic, they could effectively immobilize any enemy for as long as they felt like. By alternating stun, freeze and panic, they used no one effect frequently enough for "immunity" to be a problem.

However in actuality there is no difference on the receiving end. You're a stuck duck in that situation, and there is no game in being held immobile until you die.
    I also believe giving frost bolt a freeze or stun will make mages a dominating class in vs against rogue. Which I do not want either I am hoping for a balance as current situation is not. [I m using word stun as freeze panic paralyze, they have a common goal to immobilize target]

If you feel like a sitting ducks if rogues get stunlocked(which is not the case), then how it's fair when rogue can just charge aimed shot, and mages get stunned and can't use shield and another attack from rogue and mages die.

Is it fair ? Is it balanced?

Anyways, my main concern about frost skill is giving stun immunity to the target even they are not stunned and reset the stun timer when they are stunned before. Is it fair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I also believe giving frost bolt a freeze or stun will make mages a dominating class in vs against rogue. Which I do not want either I am hoping for a balance as current situation is not. [I m using word stun as freeze panic paralyze, they have a common goal to immobilize target]

If you feel like a sitting ducks if rogues get stunlocked(which is not the case), then how it's fair when rogue can just charge aimed shot, and mages get stunned and can't use shield and another attack from rogue and mages die.

Is it fair ? Is it balanced?

Anyways, my main concern about frost skill is giving stun immunity to the target even they are not stunned and reset the stun timer when they are stunned before. Is it fair?
    Charged aim shot don't stun enemies.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Charged aim shot don't stun enemies.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for correcting me.

I will correct myself
    It should be a bow proc which stuns. After that stun . Aim shadow combo and mage is dead in less than 3 seconds. No chance to defend or attack. Is that fair ?
    Actually, rogue doesn't even need to stun a mage. Rogue is OP.

Main topic on this thread is frost skill bug which needs to be fixed.