Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Outlook on the Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default My Outlook on the Elixirs

I think its kinda funny how most (not all) people who are already level 56 say no to bringing back elixirs even though they used them themselves when the time was right to buy for gold, but its also puts a strain on the people who cant use them anymore. I also think that disapproving of the subject on others threads is really funny cause if things come to worse and the next "elite status" comes and the devs rethink it and decide to not add it back for gold the people who were downing others saying "they need to do it without cause if not it wouldn't be elite enough" and they used elixirs are going to have a tougher time than the ones who did grind without pots later down the road. I approve of the 2x pots I don't really care about the rest, but seriously don't think your better cause you used them before the update this should be equal for all players before and after the update.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, I really hope they bring back at least the 2x elixir for gold. It does seem a little unfair for people who just started.

Tifarah - Level 56 Mage
    PROUD MEMBER OF AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

But dont forget the needed gold. For lvl 55 to 56 u need about 500k Gold on 2x pods. Dont forget the whipes and jumping out players...

Better keep the gold and buy a piece of an set ! ^.^
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yeah.... I agree with tifarah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let it be 1,5 to 2 mils on 2x pods for starting new twink...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@Fawayleik - I cant really understand what you wrote, but buying pots for level 56 and buying a piece of an armour set is your choice and your choice only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like elixiers for gold back too. ( My little bird cost 100 plats to lvl 23 -.- )I would pod my low twinks in a few days to 55...

Yea, my choice is to save the gold for pinks instead for the hardcore lvl...
    Last edited by Fawayleik; 05-04-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Agreed 110%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm glad many people see the heartache and dedication people without got to deal with as well. And people already with 56 im not forgetting you guys either takes a lot of determination.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Not really. Didn't use that many elixirs and don't miss them. You guys do realize if you run in full groups, you'll get a 30% xp bonus... Just like an elixir. That's how I leveled all those levels before elixirs even existed. Level in groups and it's really fast.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The main point is you used them though. And thats why I dont like your post either cause you "had" the chance to use them even if you didnt, I dont have the chance that I did have... that "everybody" had anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I don't recall too many people not saying they didn't want elixirs to NOT be gold again...where is this proof? You have a link to a thread(s)? Sorry, I don't buy this "most (but not all)" one bit, because "most of not all" of the 55s and 56s I know hate it as well, just as much as you
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I will admit maybe I over exaggerated on the "most(but not all)" on accident, but to tell ya the truth I really don't approve of level 56's disapproving to bringing pots back for gold as they did have the chance so should everyone else. Not a fan of digging through other threads either just to find one comment to prove a point when it can be found in suggestions or discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Don't get your hopes up, I've posted 3 threads about this and didn't get a response from a developer. In fact, the last thing we heard about elixirs coming back for gold was "We're discussing bringing back some elixirs for gold". This was over 3 weeks ago now.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJMdivine View Post
    I will admit maybe I over exaggerated on the "most(but not all)" on accident, but to tell ya the truth I really don't approve of level 56's disapproving to bringing pots back for gold as they did have the chance so should everyone else. Not a fan of digging through other threads either just to find one comment to prove a point when it can be found in suggestions or discussion.
    Fair enough, but one comment/thread (your words) from one (or a few) 56s doesn't mean 56s don't want elixirs-for-gold back trust me, I know quite a few of them and we were all like "uhhh, platelixirwhat?" just like everyone else when we all found out about it. Even though we didn't need the xp ones, we used the damage ones to speed up farming runs all of the time. Not as 'important' in the grand scheme of things as leveling/xp pots, but we didn't dig it either. I'd be willing to bet 90% or more of 56s wish it was it was before.

Nor do I think most 56s, especially the ones active/visible here on the forums feel negatively towards 55s and below grinding it out, or superior because we made it with elixirs and others didn't. Me personally, I wish they were still there for you guys....even if he they had switched the damage/tank/others out, would have been nice for everyone to have access to the xp elixirs.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The devs have a track record of not taking a conservative approach to game re-structuring. I think they want people to PLAY THE GAME, as opposed to zipping from 1 to 55 in a couple days. They did take care of a huge amount of powerleveling when they put strict minimum requirements to get into zones now, but honestly, I'm guessing that they're thinking to themselves that they don't need the money bad enough to nullify the RPG aspect of the game. Besides, I imagine the 56 cap will be going soon. We won't need xp pots to get to 56 anymore, because they'll cut the necessary xp to 1/5th of what is needed now.

That just leaves the 1-55ers. I say make them pay to win the race, whatever race it is. It just makes a worse player at the top end. No tactics knowledge, and absolutely no patience in runs. Nothing worse than doing a roach kill with a couple 55s in elite gear who busy themselves killing the bins on respawn.

I say makes all pots except xp gold again.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lvl 55 I rarely used them and don't care one way or another. However, the complaining about it is getting tiring. People keep making new threads about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    The devs have a track record of not taking a conservative approach to game re-structuring. I think they want people to PLAY THE GAME, as opposed to zipping from 1 to 55 in a couple days. They did take care of a huge amount of powerleveling when they put strict minimum requirements to get into zones now, but honestly, I'm guessing that they're thinking to themselves that they don't need the money bad enough to nullify the RPG aspect of the game. Besides, I imagine the 56 cap will be going soon. We won't need xp pots to get to 56 anymore, because they'll cut the necessary xp to 1/5th of what is needed now.

That just leaves the 1-55ers. I say make them pay to win the race, whatever race it is. It just makes a worse player at the top end. No tactics knowledge, and absolutely no patience in runs. Nothing worse than doing a roach kill with a couple 55s in elite gear who busy themselves killing the bins on respawn.

I say makes all pots except xp gold again.
    If they didn't want people zipping all the way to 56 then why not remove exp elixirs completely?
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

if you get 30% more xp in full groups does the addition of elixer add on top of the full group bonus?

and has there been an up date on gold for witch elixers yet?
    Last edited by mejslll; 05-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@davidis - The reason people are making threads about it now is cause we havent heard anything or nothing has been done about it in 3 weeks. I for one want to reach 56 and claim a crown before the next campaign and its removed and I want to have the same treatment as everyone who reached 56 has gotten and everyone else should as well. Sitting here not saying anything for weeks does not solve any problems at all and i wouldnt mind putting elixirs in until the next campaign comes out then switching it back to platinum. - No I dont want to look as if im complaining to the devs all im asking is if they could make a more hasty decision or at least inform the community on whats on thiers minds about the subject that is all.