Thread: How to spec your leveling bear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default How to spec your leveling bear

Many leveling warriors ask how to spend their stat points. I want to give a small guide how you could do that.

I want to show the way to the common final 173 str, dex or int specification for level 55. This means to have just enough str, dex or int to wear the corresponding gear. I wrote about why to chose that spec in the How to spec your endgame bear thread.

Based on that I looked up the requirements for lower level sets. The result is a tables that shows how to spend your stat points. The goal is to always have just enough stat points to wear the gear you want.

The primary stat is the one you want to wear gear of. So if you want to wear str gear, your primary stat is str. I based the table on primary str but the numbers for dex are nearly the same.

You can go a bit lower on the primary stat because the most helms have slightly lower requirements. I’ve put in example items. You can look up other items in the threads at the Trader’s Market.

You can go a lot lower when using boost gear before equipping the final gear. See Elly’s Dual Spec Guide for that topic. The easiest - and expensive - boost gear is a level 10 premium 4 piece set. It adds 28 str or dex points with close to no requirements and basically allow you to dual spec from levels 12 to 50.

And of course, this is just one variant to spec. Everyone should spec according to their needs, I just want to show one variant for a balanced bear while leveling - and maybe help to save some respec platinum.

So for example, you want to use str gear, "end up" as a level 56 173 str / 111 dex bear and be able to wear the pink str sets along the way. That would mean as a level 25 you should spec 78 points str and 51 points dex.
    And of course, this should work for int bears too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I go for (When Str/Dex Bear Dual Spec) 126 str and then I got that I start taking points in dex... Then 126 str and 126 dex at lvl 50... Then 139 str first and then 139 dex.. I would never dual spec while levelling ^^

OOPS!! I forgot to say: COOL GUIDE WALLACE!!!
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Nice one bro

Will be linking this again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice short guide. Will keep it in mind.^^
    IGNs: Caninusi (61) polar bear | Aquilaii (58) eagle | Nervai (55) elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is slightly related but somewhat off topic question. I saw that you (Mrwallace) had taunt at only 1 skill (in one of your threads) since you gain aggro by being fully powered up and I was bout to do the same and max my evade until I saw that taunt comes with a +8 dodge buff lasting 12 secs that stacks twice for total dodge of 16 that can consistently stay buffed if you spam it. A level 6 evade lasts 20 seconds but has a 30 second cooldown so 10 seconds remains unbuffed. Granted spamming taunt may be less effective with gcd but even if you couldnt taunt as soon as it comes active you still have a +8 dodge in effect for another 6 seconds. With taunt and dodge maxed you could conceivable have max dodge of +28 that drops to +16 once evade runs out. Anyhow just wanted to get your opinions on it. I have a dex bear in full Raid with a dodge of 7 that I managed to get to 31 (only have lvl 4 evade) that drops to 23 as long as I spam taunt.