Thread: Guardian set worth at this point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question Guardian set worth at this point?

My bear is now 51 (almost 52, actually). I started for a tweaked dual-spec and my stats are STR 140 / DEX 119 right now, and I wear STR weapons. I used part of money gained during levelling for buying some equipment and did all AO3 quests, so now I have Mystery set, both Cyber Rift Sets, and both Gurgox and Sunblessed Rift sets.

Today question is: It worth to use +350K for a Guardian set now? Or I achieve better results starting to use yellow/green BS items once I reach 53?

(I did the same with my bird and my mage before - lev 51 BS yellows/greens was poor in comparison with L50 full sets).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Instead of the Guardian set, may I suggest going with a Sentinel gun set instead? Seeing how you're tweaking your bear as a dual-spec, you'll find more versatility in swapping between it and a Cyber Rift set. It'll give you plenty of range attack. I took that path when my bear reached 50. I had a cyber rift set while doing my cyber quests with a previous character, and borrowed the sentinel from my bird.

Picking up the Guardian seems a bit redundant seeing how you already have decent tank gear in the cyber rift. I'd rather spend the money in areas I don't already have covered off, especially if you're going to dual spec.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I suggest levelling up to 53 and getting cheap green/orange BS gear there.

If you can get cheap 51s, would be better, IMO, but we know how 51s can get pricey at times.

Investing in a 350k set which you would only want to replace in a few levels doesn't sound that good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I prefer Hate over Rift, but I wouldn't spend that money on a set which you will only wear for a little while. Better save the money for good level 55 items and wear your Rift and the better sewer drops you'll get until then.
    Also I think once you really tried dex on your bear the str gear moments will be rare...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Str moments rare? I always use str gear on my Dual spec (str/dex) bear ... Hmm.. But of course I still need rr talon and leather to complete my mob clearing set lol.. I always use str gear while clearing cuz my rr xbow and cap and henchman leather can't keep me alive..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

First, thanks to all for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wallace View Post
    Also I think once you really tried dex on your bear the str gear moments will be rare...
    IDK, right now the DEX gears I can use are too underpowered to make a real comparison, but I took that in account. I plan to put in DEX the 5 points from levelling to 52 and respec one more point from STR - stats will be 139/125 and according to some calculation I should be able to borrow my bird Sunblessed Void Set. That will be the moment in which the true STR/DEX gears match will start for me