Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Weapon Question

Searched for an answer but to no avail so here's my question:

Is there a better 1H weapon than the Zuraz Shock Lance for a STR bear? It seems to have the highest base damage of all 1H, even more than the sunblessed scimitar etc.

Oh and anyone out there want to sell, trade or give me one? My poor bear is using a green spear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So it seems but since the speed is so slow you will see that weapons like the Limbchopper of destiny give you more damage than the Zuraz. If you are using a pink the Limbchopper is pretty cheap 1-5k.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've got a limbchopper of destiny you can have. It's lvl 50. Add my bear if you want it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oops I should have clarified. I'm asking because it seems for 1H weapons the lances gives the most skill damage. I mainly tank so I'm not too worried about DPS but would like a 1H that offers the highest skill damage.

So I should re-phrase. Is there a better 1H weapon for skill damage than the Zuraz Lance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

its the same if you use the limbchopper you will get higher skill damage too. I test it out with my mage when I was dual spec and limbchopper gave more skill, base and dps damage.

For level 50 the higest damage for a 1h weapon is the limbchopper the Sunblessed scimitar is good if you have the set as well as the hate hax.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I read on here somewhere that swords do more skill damage than other weapons. I used a plasma sword of thoth until level 45 then I couldn't find a better sword and started using a limbchopper. I've got a lvl 45, 47, and 50 limbchopper but won't use the 50 because I'll be using my rift scimitar then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To test it out I bought a lvl 45 plasma sword of osiris (70-75 dmg) and compared skill damage with my lvl 45 Luminous Harpoon of the Courageous (103-143 dmg)

Stomp - with Harpoon (189-205) with sword (172-189)
    Super Mega Slash - with Harpoon (176-232) with sword (159-216)

I also don't see any 1H weapons that have higher base damage than the Zuraz Shock Lance. So am I missing something or is green harpoon giving much more skill damage than the pink plasma blade (and everything else for that matter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you test the luminous harpoon and zuraz you will be disappointed with the skill damage and dps. Check the speed of both the problem is the Zuraz is the slowest 1h weapon in the game that is why base damage appears to high. Physio could get into the details of all that but I have enough numbers in my job right now lol.

I am only telling you because I thought the same thing as you and went out and tested it and was very disappointed.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I don't have the facts completely in front of me, but I believe the Zuraz has a proc (I think it is Break Armor) that helps make up for the slow speed.

The Zuraz is kind of like the Gurgox 2H Hammer....ridiculously slow, but good base damage that does more actual damage when you factor in enemy armor than some weapons that display higher DPS, because of the proc

I am pretty sure the lvl 50 Limbchopper has the highest 50 1h DPS (higher than the Shadow Hax, but not positive), but I don't think it has the highest base damage. However it is not part of set, whereas the Shadow Hax is part of the Hate Set which has some additional bonuses, and the Hax has an Execute proc.

P.s. SB Scimi is overrated, unless you are looking to complete the Rift set.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-28-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I don't have the facts completely in front of me, but I believe the Zuraz has a proc (I think it is Break Armor) that helps make up for the slow speed.

The Zuraz is kind of like the Gurgox 2H Hammer....ridiculously slow, but good base damage that does more actual damage when you factor in enemy armor than some weapons that display higher DPS, because of the proc

I am pretty sure the lvl 50 Limbchopper has the highest 50 1h DPS (higher than the Shadow Hax, but not positive), but I don't think it has the highest base damage. However it is not part of set, whereas the Shadow Hax is part of the Hate Set which has some additional bonuses, and the Hax has an Execute proc.

P.s. SB Scimi is overrated, unless you are looking to complete the Rift set.
    I am planning on starting with it to complete the set. Afterwards I'll mix and match and may find something that's better that makes up for losing the set bonus. I also have the gurgox hammer for when I really want to jump bad or somebody. Haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I am planning on starting with it to complete the set. Afterwards I'll mix and match and may find something that's better that makes up for losing the set bonus. I also have the gurgox hammer for when I really want to jump bad or somebody. Haha.
    Mixing and matching sets often works, even when breaking up a set...just depends on your play style and what you like

I used Cyber Rift on my bear all the way until 55, it worked for me better than some of the 51 and 53 Sewer gear. I woulda used Hate, but I had sold mine off already....Hate is pretty good, if you can afford it.

Just keep your Armor above 140 (with rings, if needed) and your hit percent above 90% and you can easily do well in the Sewers Shadow Caves is a different story...that just takes great teamwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think maybe my question is getting a bit mixed up. I'm not worried about weapon DPS as I generally do most of my damage with my skills. What I'm wondering is if without set effects is the Zuraz Shock Lance the best 1H for skill damage?

I bought the Limbchopper but can't test it since I'm only lvl 46 but just from a look it (115-135) still has lower max dmg than my green harpoon (103-143) and lower overall damage than the Zuraz.

So is the Zuraz Shock Lance the best 1H weapon for bear skill damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Actually, a lot of your damage also comes from your base damage (i.e the 103-143 for your Harpoon), if you use Auto-Attack as well. And also, some warrior weapons have procs that help damage scores out indirectly. I would take a weapon (I am totally making this up) with 110-130 damage with an Execute proc over a non-proc weapon that had 115-135 damage, as a made-up example.

You may try PMing Ellyidol, he has posts all over the Warrior forum, he is probably the expert on all 50+ weapons and their procs for bears, as well as having a good understanding of how skill damages and weapons interreact.

I'll take a look at the Harpoon and Limbchopper when I get off work, and see what I find. What lvl is your Harpoon in question, a 45? I don't have Zuraz anymore, but maybe I can figure it out.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-28-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When you get to 50 you will see that it depends on the speed and base damage. Base damage is not the only factor in determining skill damage.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still think there's some confusion. I'm not wondering about weapon DPS so weapon speed etc. are irrelevant. I'm wondering about PURE skill damage for 1H weapons. As far as I can tell the Zuraz Shock Lance has the highest pure skill damage of all the 1H weapons. Please someone tell me there's a lvl 50+ 1H I haven't seen that gives higher skill damage then the Zuraz. Otherwise I'm going to have to start saving up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

No one has mentioned DPS in the last few posts, so no one is confused.

If you are only focusing on a weapon's skill damage and ignoring all other aspects of a weapon, that is not necessarily a valid reason to carry a weapon. There is a reason why very few 50+ carry Zuraz.

I'll take a look at some of the inexpensive 50s and compare it to some of the ones I still have left lying around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sigh I know what you mean but your skills depend on the weapon speed and base damage. If the weapon is to slow it will lower your skill damage instead of making it higher.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

All right, here is what I found. Remember, my bear is 56 so these numbers won't match yours, and I am dual spec Str/Dex so that will also make the numbers a bit different....but should still be able to show what I get in principle.

I used Cyber Armor/Helm/Shield for all of these comparisons, just to keep it even and only highlight weapon differences. Speed is just listed for the heck of it, although it does factor into weapon damage if one figures out true effective weapon attack damage accounting for enemy armor...although not being discussed further here.

• Full Cyber, including Cyber Rift Sword: 126-135 base dmg, 0.8 speed w/ Execute proc: SuperMegaSlash (SMS) 183-243, Stomp 196-214
    • Cyber w/ 45 Scarab Blade of Osiris: 109-113 base dmg, 0.8 speed: SMS 170-230, Stomp 184-202
    • Cyber w/ 50 Limbchopper of Destiny: 157-177 base dmg, 0.9 speed: SMS 206-267, Stomp 220-238
    • Cyber w/ 45 Zuraz Shock Lance: 172-204 base dmg, 1.2 speed: SMS 173-233, Stomp 186-204, Break Armor proc
    • Cyber w/ 50 Luminous Harpoon of Courageous (green): 154-194 base damage, 1.0 speed: SMS 198-258, Stomp 212-230, no proc, inferior dodge and regen to pink version
    • Cyber w/ 50 Luminous Harpoon of Destiny (pink): 152-192 base dmg, 1.0 speed: SMS 196-257, Stomp 210-228, Break Armor proc

Looks to me, at least for my build, that using 45/50 weapons the very best skill damage was achieved using the Limbchopper with the pink 50 Harpoon coming in a close second. Zuraz lags behind a ways, and is barely better than the Scarab Osiris blade, at least for skill damage (although it does have a proc)
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-28-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Awesome. I've been following this thread and these numbers are really interesting Mooger. Anyway you can also check a few lvl 55 weapons - mainly fury 1h axe vs. fury 1h sword vs. bodyguard sword?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Zuraz is notorioua for having the lowest skill damage contribution(realative to other weapons in range), whilst limchopper is one of very few axes that contributes a lot to skills damage.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf