Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STUNNED. My GAWD I can't move anymore in Ren'Gol maps!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Lightbulb STUNNED. My GAWD I can't move anymore in Ren'Gol maps!!

I really like the fluidity of running previous campaigns and rounding up many enemies and pwning them to dirt. Feel like a boss!!!!

I have some concerns with Ren'Gol campain and the upcoming elites. From my understanding you have removed the mob density and are trying some new tricks for us to defeat, like being one shotted by giants and ... stun after stun after stun.

For me, it's a little over the top being stunned and really annoying when I have my playlist on and am trying to groove out with the game. My little rogue, despite charging up my razor, is bent over half the time in stun. With elites coming I picture myself stunned then being one shotted ... repeatedly.

Just food for thought, because you KNOW I am going to make that entire mythic set and really will TRY and like that 100% retraction upgrade. Can you please take a look at the frequency of stuns? I would rather get pounded hard with elites and spam more pots and revive more often then be stun locked. It breaks up the vibe of the runs for me already, and I really hope this might get a tweak before elites. What fun is the game if your toon is forever in heave position?

Thank you StS. You guys are awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

you need to refine the timing on charging razor is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    you need to refine the timing on charging razor is all.
    Right so when it's on cd.... ????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

usually i find if i get stunned it's cause my timing is off or not moving out of a bad spot quick enough, but normally the length of charged razor is enough to move through a lot of falling rocks and get into a better spot.

any slackness in my timing/positioning will become quickly apparent in elites where falling objects and bombs will mean certain deaths.

after your post I'm gonna look more closely at timing of stun potentials. but my impression so far is that while tight there's enough room to maneuver.
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-24-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Kingofninjas had a great suggestion -- that they apply the PvP stun rules to PvE. Then, you would at least avoid get stunned consecutively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Agreed, i am a WARRIOR and doing the rengol dailys SOLO so imagene how i feel... Sonetimes i even cant charge a skill without geting stunned for many seconds !!!
    Stun after stun thats so annoying -.-" and one point i want to mention is the hit range of the big orc its crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    usually i find if i get stunned it's cause my timing is off or not moving out of a bad spot quick enough, but normally the length of charged razor is enough to move through a lot of falling rocks and get into a better spot.

any slackness in my timing/positioning will become quickly apparent in elites where falling objects and bombs will mean certain deaths.

after your post I'm gonna look more closely at timing of stun potentials. but my impression so far is that while tight there's enough room to maneuver.
    I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.....
    Last edited by Candylicks; 08-24-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: See

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks:2258076
    I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.....
    generally i was talking about stuns on ren'gol maps, specifically about stuns around giants. i find i can normally kill any giants without getting stunned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The problem with razor is that it "removes all movement impairing effects" when charged. However, if you have a movement-impairing effect on you, you can not charge your skill until it comes off on its own. Irony, thy name art Razor-shield.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha:2258256
    The problem with razor is that it "removes all movement impairing effects" when charged. However, if you have a movement-impairing effect on you, you can not charge your skill until it comes off on its own. Irony, thy name art Razor-shield.
    you can charge it while snared or slowed ofc to release that effect, but ya in this case not while stunned

edit: i know u know this, just saying for the reader who might not already
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-25-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Rengol maps are pretty annoying on rogue. I enjoy running my mage there for this reason. Less time stunned, a whole lot less annoying. However I still run it faster on my rogue even though I spend more time stunned.

For elites a 2 nekro party will be a must. It is going to make pugs impossible and players will not be open to running with just anyone. It takes away some of the joy when you can only get in a party when you have the best and most expensive pet in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I think you guys are missing the point of the thread. No offense...

I would like to eventually craft the new mythic set and use traps and swap out of razor. Without using it... I can't even imagine. I feel the stuns are over the top and bring down the fluidity of the maps. Getting chain stunned isn't fun, and will be more prevalent when you take razor off altogether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post

I would like to eventually craft the new mythic set and use traps and swap out of razor. Without using it... I can't even imagine. I feel the stuns are over the top and bring down the fluidity of the maps. Getting chain stunned isn't fun, and will be more prevalent when you take razor off altogether.
    STS expects everyone to have a 2 nekro party it seems. In other words . . . No traps for me(said like the soup nazi)

It would be nice for a nab rogue like mine to be able to use the new trap buff but with the amount of stuns in Rengol in won't happen there.
    Last edited by Bigboyblue; 08-25-2015 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks:2258514

oh ok i couldn't tell that from your original post but your point makes more sense now.

with new mythics, what about going with aimed nox razor traps and skipping pierce? too much of a sacrifice in damage? pierce can be a problem in elites anyway sometimes. just a thought. razor, nox aoe, and trap pull&stun could work well together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

No plans on getting mythic set, razor shield will protect me
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    STS expects everyone to have a 2 nekro party it seems. In other words . . . No traps for me(said like the soup nazi)

It would be nice for a nab rogue like mine to be able to use the new trap buff but with the amount of stuns in Rengol in won't happen there.
    Just think how it is for warriors. Rogues can complain about having to use razor but the truth is, rogues can shoot from a distance, and can avoid the majority of stuns.

It is warriors who suffer most in maps like these. They have no way to avoid them, and before someone yells jugg - the cooldown on that makes it impractical - leaving you fodder for permastun 40 seconds out of every minute.

I suggested once before, a feature where if a party contains all 3 classes, it is granted immunity from the impairment effects of the zone - whether it is stun in Ren'gol, or poison in Shuyal, it would go a long way towards cooperative playing. Again, this would also only work for the game as a whole if all elite maps were playable.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I should also have said that I am a dagger rogue... so it's quite different as well with the range off a bow.

Ser that is also a nice suggestion on the party buff!

Just thinking the quickest way to stop the chain stuns would be to replace with something different off the mobs. How about mana drain, curse, idk. Something OTHER than stun stun stun. ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I suggested once before, a feature where if a party contains all 3 classes, it is granted immunity from the impairment effects of the zone - whether it is stun in Ren'gol, or poison in Shuyal, it would go a long way towards cooperative playing. Again, this would also only work for the game as a whole if all elite maps were playable.
    I really like this idea, and if implemented it would contribute greatly towards making the game more enjoyable for everyone, not just rogues. I honestly miss having good tanks around, many have made rogues in despair of being constantly left out of runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Just think how it is for warriors. Rogues can complain about having to use razor but the truth is, rogues can shoot from a distance, and can avoid the majority of stuns.

It is warriors who suffer most in maps like these. They have no way to avoid them, and before someone yells jugg - the cooldown on that makes it impractical - leaving you fodder for permastun 40 seconds out of every minute.

I feel you there. Warriors have never been as useless. I can't imagine running one in the Rengol maps. No damage and always stunned. STS really needs to improve warriors in pve.

I like your idea of adding stun immunity when all 3 classes are present. It helps out the warriors cause a bit. The only issue is you can run 2 nekros and never be stunned. 4 rogue, 2 nekro parties are the ultimate in rengol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

nekro is awesome and helpful but not even necessary--as far mages and rogues go, in ren'gol mobs there's ample red zone warnings on many of the stuns allowing time to get moving into better positions.
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-26-2015 at 08:07 AM.