Thread: Mana Please!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Mana Please!!

If you're level 46 and you're still asking for mana you might be an arcane redneck.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raxaxic For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

This is my biggest pet peeve in pugs. Yes, I realize I'm running with randoms, but why must the randoms be like this? I actually had one rogue leave a pug because I didn't heal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

For me it is the other way around. I hate it when mages or rogues use Heal in elites.

Today I got a mage in planar tombs 2 who used life giver AND arcane shield, which absolutely hurts to look at...
    I told him to swap Lifegiver with a dps skill and explained him he lowers our clearspeed and might cost us more ankhs on boss due to that. He answered that he will not respec...
    I was so irritated that there are pve mages out there who only have 2 damage skills...

I insist the readers of this post: if u run elites stay away from heal! Use pots like everyone else! Increased clear speed will not only safe ankhs for the whole group, it leads to more loot per hour and eventually benefits ur wallet!
    Pots are cheap and their price will never increase, so get used to using them!
    Mages should use an extra dps skill, while rogues can utilize traps or razor shield. These things actually benefit u and not the 13.5/8 gold u safe per potion.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lastmind For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What's your loadout?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmind View Post
    For me it is the other way around. I hate it when mages or rogues use Heal in elites.

Today I got a mage in planar tombs 2 who used life giver AND arcane shield, which absolutely hurts to look at...
    I told him to swap Lifegiver with a dps skill and explained him he lowers our clearspeed and might cost us more ankhs on boss due to that. He answered that he will not respec...
    I was so irritated that there are pve mages out there who only have 2 damage skills...

I insist the readers of this post: if u run elites stay away from heal! Use pots like everyone else! Increased clear speed will not only safe ankhs for the whole group, it leads to more loot per hour and eventually benefits ur wallet!
    Mages should use an extra dps skill, while rogues can utilize traps or razor shield. These things actually benefit u and not the 13.5/8 gold u safe per potion.
    Everyone got their own playstyle, get over it.
    I'm so done with these rude comments about mages/rogues, using heal. I'm using heal on my mage, not because pots are expensive but just because I want to have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pillowhead View Post
    I'm so done with these rude comments about mages/rogues, using heal. I'm using heal on my mage, not because pots are expensive but just because I want to have it.
    It's fine to have heal speced, and it's fine if you want to use it. Just like it's fine if a player isn't using a good pet because their best pets are hungry. Just like it's fine to not use ankhs until the boss.

Is this an efficient way to run elites? No. Is it actually costing you gold. Yes.

Would I be hesitant to run with someone again who is using a less than ideal set up and less than ideal use of resources? Yes, most definitely.

So, yes, it's fine if that's the way you want to run. But don't expect me to run with you.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-27-2015 at 11:41 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    It's fine to have heal speced, and it's fine if you want to use it. Just like it's fine if a player isn't using a good pet because their best pets are hungry. Just like it's fine to not use ankhs until the boss.

Is this an efficient way to run elites? No. Is it actually costing you gold. Yes.

Would I be hesitant to run with someone again who is using a less than ideal set up and less than ideal use of resources? Yes, most definitely.

So, yes, it's fine if that's the way you want to run. But don't expect me to run with you.
    Thank u for this post. Guess I just get unnecessarily frustrated by these things. I like ur approach.
    IGN: Obakemono

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastmind For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

My mage entered Misty Grotto earlier. There was a warrior already on map. We hadn't moved, let alone started fighting, when he said, "Mana." I laughed my chirpy mage laugh and left him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmind View Post

Lv 46 have 45 skill points.... Where did he spend them then..... Passive damage and speed?
    I myself have 7 spells out of the 8 available....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post

Exactly lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pillowhead View Post
    It's fine to have your own play style. I prefer using 4 attack skills and just dodging red zones. If you do use heal in elites you may run into many players who leave when they see you using it there. Players don't mind you using your own play style but if it's hurting the party then don't expect many to stay in a party. Heal hurts the party and doesn't help at all in pve.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Im not against ppl using heal, but its annoying when ppl ask for mana

Was doing wt4 not long ago, and a lv 44 warrior siad "mage, heal me first", i told him no and then he replied "u r mage, just heal warrior weak naab"
    Sorry, but i didnt get 900+dmg to heal your mana.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Haha thats funy sometimes rogs complain me "you are mage, use heal use mana"

Km3 or easy maps for mana is ok to use. On the elites if i use mana

1= i need to try catch party ppl for mana tham mean focus on tham

2= i ll hold 1 skill and get closer to mobs. Mean i will pot myself only for the mana tham. So why i am using much more heal pot for rogues not use mana pot?

3= while holding skill and watch party to catch all of tham in range a big risk to die. so i will use ankh + pot for the rogues not use mana pot?

4= in the time calculate, i think my 1 damage skill low runs cost more gold for all.

i think the players asking mana, they dont have idea about mage. i would like to see tham using mana and no mana than lets see what they gotta say.