Thread: why i fail as a dex bird!

killing imperial elfs/bear and farming lvl 15 expert
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default why i fail as a dex bird!

recently i created a new dex bird because there was a very powerful dexstr bird called jucrusaderxx,he could even own kayumaggi.
    here are my equips:lvl 15 pink gun,lvl 5 expert,damage ring,santa hat,sniper helm lvl 10
    here are my stats:15 crit,87 hits,15 armor,95 damage per second.
    here are my skills:5 blast shot,5 armor break,2 thorn root,2 focus.
    how i use my spells:i use focus,i use armor break on my oppo to reduce armor,then i root him and reduce his dodge,and finally blast shot him.but i die more and cant even defeat lvl 10 dex bears.
    can u teach me how to make a good dex bird or str dex bird that could pwn alot of ppl?
    Proud member of BROTHERHOODS
    1337 pvp kills ftw!!!
    friends:twinkenstein,twinkedup,sabertoothgrr,yatsycakey,kayumaggi,,ayestar,rangepwnsmeel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well a lvl 10 dexbear is going to most likely have full rage. thats +60 damage. that should be more than enough to wipe the floor with most people, especially in the lower levels.
    thecakeisaspy Lvl 27 dexbear. pretty much the only character i play on anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    pie war it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

bird, not bear
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecakeisaspy View Post
    well a lvl 10 dexbear is going to most likely have full rage. thats +60 damage. that should be more than enough to wipe the floor with most people, especially in the lower levels.
    Not sure if your point is he is fighting a losing battle as dex bears seem to own low level PvP. It's a good point to make since I have seen multiple threads from OP, which are all very similar... perhaps dex bears just have an edge at lower levels that no gear or tactics can overcome. Good luck on your quest to topple the dex bear.

Try getting the level 15 Expert Leather will boost your armor by +5 (if I recall correctly) which could help a bit. I've heard about the Jewel Thief's Archery Cap and people make reference to being the best available for low leveled twinks; you could try getting your hands on that if you're willing to spend the plat (35 plat seems a bit much for a few stats). Finally, not sure which ring is "damage ring" but I would think Champion's Fine Platinum Band is the best ring for the plat.

Edit: After checking your other post it seems that you have the ring that I suggested so disregard that last idea.

Again, I am not the authority on PvP so my ideas may be overruled by anyone with actual experience in the arena. I can look at the stats and see where you could improve just a bit. If you get your hands on this gear and are still falling short, perhaps discussing your tactics with a season vet may net the results you want.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.

killing imperial elfs/bear and farming lvl 15 expert
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bears go down!
    Proud member of BROTHERHOODS
    1337 pvp kills ftw!!!
    friends:twinkenstein,twinkedup,sabertoothgrr,yatsycakey,kayumaggi,,ayestar,rangepwnsmeel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

u only need one on thorn root. its like frostbite with the mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

dexbears r harder to kill in the lower lvls cuz they get buffs rly early and their health pool. if u try kiting them, they can just throw talons or shoot u with bow/gun plus rage buff which gives big damage and crit.... and POOP ur dead! dont kite dexbears. dont stay too close for them to spam out slashes and stomp. if u have evade buff, put at least 3 points into it. u will dodge a lot of their attacks. this is just a little advice.