Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Name Reservations for Blackstar Are Coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I hope this was a well 50 plat spent...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    I vote we make an official Blackstar name reservation thread and reserve there.
    On the other hand, you have to consider that someone wanting to know which names to steal would find such a thread very useful...
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Blackstar is a free game, just like Pocket Legends. If you're the first to log in and make a character with the name you want, you'll get it. So, if you're really following Blackstar and play on day one, you will very likely get the name you want. The name reservation system is an optional, premium, service.
    I notice that:

PL => name change = 50 plat
    B* => name reserve = 50 plat

50 plat = 8.25 USD or 5.77Euros

So you guys are being consistent with that policy in a way. Perhaps the price is set due to managing the names database, as an incentive for players to take care choosing names and oc it's a personal thing too so players value it. I just think for a name reserve that it is pricey. But maybe that's the sort of thing players would pay for more than they would for new content?! Content is king imo so maybe that's the disconnect on my side...

Btw: happy 1 char is already booked passage on the UCS Blackstar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    I've already stated this but I'll do it here. I vote we make an official Blackstar name reservation thread and reserve there. If someone takes the name then we black list them.

50 plat is ridiculous.
    Although I like this idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    On the other hand, you have to consider that someone wanting to know which names to steal would find such a thread very useful...
    Kalielle makes a convincing argument. This is basically why I don't like a thread of this nature. Even if those who actually do it get put on a community blacklist, the fact is nobody can convince these thieves to give up the name and nothing could be done about it. To a person out to do this, public humiliation is a small price to pay.

As for me, I'm either going to wait until the last week before release and charge plat for this or not do it at all and just hope I get lucky. My character's name is not worth 50 plat to me. Maybe 5 or 10 but not 50. I could always just use another if I don't get lucky. Hopefully as the release date gets closer either the reserve price will drop (Obviously with compensation for those who got it at the high price) or some kind of incentives are added besides just reserving a block of virtual letters. Maybe if they let us choose our character's look/race/gender beforehand and perhaps an ingame vanity item recognizing people who spent 50 plat, I'd do it. Otherwise probably not. When the dust settles and the game is released, those who reserved then got their favorite name and those who didn't then got their favorite name would be the same. Except those who reserved would be out about $8.25, but otherwise still the same.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-19-2011 at 07:23 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to reserve the names Wildwest, WildWesttwo, Lilwildwest, and wildpvpwest!!!!!!! These r the characters/accounts I play the most on!!!

1. Wildwest lvl 52 Dex bear
    2. WildWesttwo lvl 50 Dex/Str bear
    3. Lilwildwest lvl 26 int/Dex Mage
    4. Wildpvpwest lvl 10 Dex bear
    Thank u very much I hope u can reserve these names for me!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwest View Post
    I would like to reserve the names Wildwest, WildWesttwo, Lilwildwest, and wildpvpwest!!!!!!! These r the characters/accounts I play the most on!!!

1. Wildwest lvl 52 Dex bear
    2. WildWesttwo lvl 50 Dex/Str bear
    3. Lilwildwest lvl 26 int/Dex Mage
    4. Wildpvpwest lvl 10 Dex bear
    Thank u very much I hope u can reserve these names for me!!!!
    Name reservations are in-game. Posting it here rather does the opposite of reserve your name o.O
    Azesche - 36 dex bird
    Jinxiii - 47 pally enchantress
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ohhh i cant wait even if it costs 150 plat lol )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow 50 plat for a reservation.... Just spent 20$ for only 3 names that's just ridiculously over priced, should reconsider that price cause its not like we're getting statistics and all imported all we're getting is a name we want to keep. Having to pay enough for a full sized game just to lay claim to a name which could be done in 2 minutes when the game comes out for 5 plat for 10 times that amount seems really extreme.
    Started playing April 2010, finished February 2011. and still getting banned when im not even playing

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

In the end just be thankful that people cannot reserve a name that they don't already hold (which is what I would expect for that amount of money).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wtf!! I cant believe wat i just read, am i seeing this right...50 plat for a name reserve...!!?? And this is serious right? Thats a zero with a five in front of it?? please tell me this is a wierd joke cause thats enuf to make me not even download the game period...50 platinum...!??
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why does it cost 50 plat?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDragun View Post
    Why does it cost 50 plat?!?
    Here's dev reply to this q:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Blackstar is a free game, just like Pocket Legends. If you're the first to log in and make a character with the name you want, you'll get it. So, if you're really following Blackstar and play on day one, you will very likely get the name you want. The name reservation system is an optional, premium, service.
    Also it's Change Name price = Reserve Name price = 50 plat.

Bit yes steep, but there's some sort of shield too; as said most ppl should be able to grab the names they want on day 1..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Woot

I'm reserving
    Xdoradox
    Pretty sure no one would pick that anyway lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratava View Post
    Here's dev reply to this q:

Also it's Change Name price = Reserve Name price = 50 plat.

Bit yes steep, but there's some sort of shield too; as said most ppl should be able to grab the names they want on day 1..
    Yea but see if I do end up grabbing the actual name I want on day 1 of BS then the name I reserved would be semi-wasted because in PL I'm using a name that was actually my third choice. At most I'd use it for an alt in BS and maybe not at all. I'm not sure if I can justify spending 50 plat on a name that would likely be used for an alt if things go as I hope. Might still do it for the cool shield though.

I wonder what BS goodies reserves will get? Maybe early access? We need a reason to actually use the reserved name in BS and a way to differentiate those who reserved from those who didn't. A vanity item in BS for using your reserved name would be really cool, and a definite reason to use the reserved name over just hoping you'll get it. Cause so far the "rewards" for reserving seem entirely PL-sided and nothing in BS.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-21-2011 at 12:40 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Translation error detected

human technoligy seems inadequat I paid fifty of the plats but it would not allow me my full name '"Chosen of Diara, Born Drakius Velus, conquer of the galaxy, master of the bladez, devoted of the Niark, Slayer of worlds, saviour of the Scorn III'" wunce we have your worlds we will improve it with superior Scorn technoligy. I will take my payback in humans souls 0L0L0L0

00L00?
    L0L0L
    Last edited by Chosen of Diara; 05-21-2011 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Second Translation error detected

Humans WILL fall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xdoradox View Post
    I'm reserving
    Xdoradox
    Pretty sure no one would pick that anyway lol.
    aktualy that is a good strong Scorn name, meening '"warriorbeyond mesurable strength and wisdom of generations capable of exceptional skils and unbeaten in battle'"

Humans WILL fall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@Bron: V good suggestions. I'd like some extra promotion stuff for B*. I think current name reserve price is like you say mostly, it's more incentive to either no reserve and get in early on day one or reserve one name. Guess STS will look at the results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

And they're right. Most names aren't worth reserving. I did it as a way to support B* development. Then I got this epic vanity shield! What a sweet surprise. But for those who play the game for free, they should just be very attentive. There will be a "submitted to Apple" announcement, then a week later and "Approved" announcement. Just be there ASAP and you have nothing to fear. However, if you want to reserve Barbarella, you can't, because someone already has that name in PL. They may be a dead account. If they really want it, and it IS worth reserving, they will gladly pay 50 plat. If they don't then it's available on Day 1. Such a deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratava View Post
    @Bron: V good suggestions. I'd like some extra promotion stuff for B*. I think current name reserve price is like you say mostly, it's more incentive to either no reserve and get in early on day one or reserve one name. Guess STS will look at the results
    Yea basically. I'd reserve in a heartbeat if they offered something in BS as well, because at the end then were getting two items and the steep price is split in half. Thinking I will wait and see if our requests are answered as the release approaches closer. I mean sure the game ain't out yet, but a promise of something when it launches is good enough until it finally does launch. I know of a couple times when a company was about to launch a new game they offered items in it and beta access. Doesn't have to be beta access, and not even sure it is possible to do a beta for a portable game, but hey it's an idea. I dunno about you guys, but for a price this high I'd like something visible and permanent in both games, not just PL.

Cryptic did it with CO and STO for example, and STO wasn't out yet at the time. They still honored the offer when it did launch, after some fixes to the items that took about a month. The offer HAD almost turned into a bait and switch fiasco, because they left out the female half of the outfits and had to program it in. Oh, and even though this wasn't a box preorder item and was promised to never be offered again, it still went up in the CStore (A premium store in a P2P game!) with all the preorder items. :\ Anyway, I'm sure STS could do something similar, except not as evil. Reserve your name for $8.25 and get a vanity item in both games? Score!
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.