Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] New Elite Maps is Unfair for Mage Class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default [Feedback] New Elite Maps is Unfair for Mage Class

Unfortunately for the mage class the new maps are commonly being Run to boss. This leaves the mage with low health and armor class comparitivly being left out of the Boss fight 90% of the time. To make this matter more of a quip to action , it gets worse. Although I play a powerful mage under combat conditions. I'm being ridiculed as I believe are others for "not being strong enough to Make the RUN!" How can we fix elite Orcs to make it fun for every class?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coenzyme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coenzyme View Post
    Unfortunately for the mage class the new maps are commonly being Run to boss. This leaves the mage with low health and armor class comparitivly being left out of the Boss fight 90% of the time. To make this matter more of a quip to action , it gets worse. Although I play a powerful mage under combat conditions. I'm being ridiculed as I believe are others for "not being strong enough to Make the RUN!" How can we fix elite Orcs to make it fun for every class?
    Lol.

I've never seen this happen... Drop clock and run. Use speed pet speed lix mate. Boogie your blue guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Do you have gale spec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

For one, use shield. Then run. Drop clock if you have to to help, and if you really must, use gale. I've yet to have this problem and I don't use speed anything, nor gale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Both times I made it to and killed the boss was with a group of mages and one weak fighter who could not RUN through every mob without fighting them . I have tried using 10% speed pet . I don't spec Gale . just get one hit over and over again in the stampede! I'd like to see them put a check point on # of mobs that must be killed before a Boss can be fought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I have never heard about this in game.
    I have run with mages but none have complainned about it.
    Instead i have seen mages run easily by using fireball & timeshift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I can't really see any problem when playing as a Mage in new elites.

When I saw thread title I thought it was going to be a tank complaining but

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Spec gale. There are enough skill points to go around.

But yeah, if you happened to get unlucky and keep getting grabbed, you're in for a load of frustration. It's pretty sad to say it, but the run to the boss is easily the hardest part of the new maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Never be out front if you can help it.
    And don't be where the mobs are resetting to either, so don't lag behind too far.
    Let the tank or rogue run first and draw the aggro and try to stay in his wake.

You will get stunned or pulled back occasionally, but that's just the game. If it was super easy, it wouldn't be fun at all.

Conversely, if you are a tank or rogue running out front and your pet is lagging way behind, often your party mates will benefit from his aa even when you don't.
    Pop it and give the back of the train a leg up. Really good with nekro ofc, but mob stunners/slowers work well too.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

First of all, this is not a bug nor a technical issue. You just have to practice on it, let the warrior/ rogue/more competent mage lead the run and use the right skillset for assistance (eg. fireball, time shift, shield, gale).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Some simple advices, maybe it will help.

1) If you run with strangers, ask when they going to run before you start play. If you dont, they can start run in any time, because for them it's obvious when all should run, and they sure there are no any other way to play map.

2) Group with each other before run. Usually it happens like one starts to run, second chats, third changes pet, fourth left map to turn-in quest. Try to start to run together, in chain.

3) If you so-so geared, run in the middle of chain. Running first gets most damage and stuns. If running last dies, then mobs group around him, and when he uses ankh mobs kill him again. If you run in the middle and die, just use ankh, when see in mini-map that party member near you, and run further.
    If you can't pass all mobs alone, never revive for free! Unless you're playing with friends, noone will come back to help you. If you want to finish map - use ankhs.

4) If you caught your party member, or party member caught you, dont move close to each other. One should move on the left side of the corridor, second on the right side.

5) Use your skills to make run easier for whole your party. For groups of mobs with 4 mobs, use fireball and ice. Especially be sure that you stun or freeze boars, cuz they can stun you for long time. Use shield when you come close to group with 6 mobs. When you pass this group, drop clock. Your skill build for run - ice, fireball, clock, shield. No heal, no lightning.

Why not gale? This is a my opinion :
    - even if you are super-druper gale user, it's always can push you in the direction, which different with that you expect;
    - 50% armor boost wont save you from two groups of mobs. During gale you will be attacked by two groups.

Finally. Even if you max geared, even if you follow all tips, even if you are pro and dont need any tips, you will die. Dont be upset, just use ankh, and continue.

Wait, you dont have ankhs? WTF YOU ARE DOING IN THIS MAP?!

Important PS. Imo, amount of mobs, needed for boss's appearance, should be increased. Runs is the only funny thing we have in this elite season, but it's annoying even for maxed players. Of course we have choice now kill or skip, but what is the purpose of long huge maps and hundred mobs, if 4 groups are enough?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rstilzchen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes the technical issue is that there needs to be a check point set for number of mobs killed before a boss will appier in zone. The RUN manuvore is being forced on player's that would like much more to kill mobs and the boss of a level. As it is once the RUN has been triggred by any player u must join in or be left out of the Boss fight. Also making back to the boss in the event you die. ... Well u get the idea . A check point is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Elite Orc Maps Need Mob Minimum to Stop RUN Manoeuvre

The RUN is being used 90% of the time by most player in the new elite maps. I for one do not like to RUN but am being forced to by player that want to skip mobs and go right to boss fight. If you do no join in this RUN then u are left out of the boss fight all together. That is why I strongly suggest a check point be set by a minimum number of mobs be killed before bosses arrive in any elite orc zone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yes.
    In all elite dungeons.
    Also,STS PLEASE SCALE ALL ELITES AND BUFF WARRIORS!

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Use teletransportation!!! Is very effective

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you for this post. I do agree is is possible to run I have succeed it is not fun and difficult. I agree again that the mobs cleared for a boss to arrive needs increased. I think to 60%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I think you need to get better gear if you are having trouble with this. Also check out the mage forum for pve builds.

Running past mobs in elites has been happening for over 2 years, so it is not a new thing. I rarely see mages have problems with it. They usually have an easier time than rogues because gale will blow them right past all the mobs. It is actually much, much easier on these maps than previous ones because the mobs have such a short leash that they bounce back before you reach the next group.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am sure I have top gear. I use Toor for pet. Now I'd like to thank rstilzchen for his spec advice. Also point out the reason for this thread is to bring aweaness to the need to slow or stop this RUN manoeuvre. A mob clear 50% -60% would help new elite zones. Also improving mob drops by one good drop would encourage players to slow down and clear a path to bosses. Maybe elite orcs can drop the insignia?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coenzyme View Post
    I am sure I have top gear. I use Toor for pet. Now I'd like to thank rstilzchen for his spec advice. Also point out the reason for this thread is to bring aweaness to the need to slow or stop this RUN manoeuvre. A mob clear 50% -60% would help new elite zones. Also improving mob drops by one good drop would encourage players to slow down and clear a path to bosses. Maybe elite orcs can drop the insignia?
    Im guessing if u run pug, most just there for the repetable quest for 2 tags.. never run pug in elite..

mesalin

O.o i always kill all mobs with party

<Forgiveness>