Thread: Elite Rengol Maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default Elite Rengol Maps

Thank you STS for working very hard to provide a game which most of us enjoy free of charge.

Thank you also for accepting and acting upon the criticisms of your sometimes very ungrateful player community.

Because I know you are open to suggestions, I have a few:

Gear drops in Elite Rengol maps should be better, please.
    The rarity of the mythic crafting ingredients does not bother me at all, let us farm and farm.
    The bronze orc chest does bother me. Why not drop a blue and be done with it?
    Other drops can be gotten from regular maps, hence the market was already flooded before elites went live.

The jewels that drop: we should be seeing no less than the primary stat jewels and chaos.
    Not only that, but cracked should not fall here, please move to standard or at least damaged.
    I'm not suggesting an increase in frequency, just quality.

Having said all that, make us work for it.
    The new maps are entirely too easy.
    You have seen our appetite for content, please bring more food to the party.
    Mobs should be tougher, not necessarily damage-wise but certainly hp and armor need big boosts.
    Think big trolls as a baseline and go up from there.
    One hits and stuns are not fun, but with the ample warning from the red zones you have given us, its a chance to test our skills and movement.
    Standing in one spot spamming skill combos and pots shouldn't be the dominant strategy. *cough, ARENA, cough*

Also, mob clearing should be like 50-60% minimum to spawn boss.
    Drop a few mobs and run should not be an option.
    Yes we could hang out and kill more, but why, when we get cracked lightning and haggard shirts as a reward?
    The boss is where the goodies are atm, and its better to kill him quickly and start again.
    The mythic ingredients will be gotten either way, so we drop a few and make tracks.

Increasing boss difficulty will also prevent running.
    Who's in a hurry to fight a marathon boss battle?
    Its a delicate balance, I know, but mobs and bosses should each be rewarding in their own ways.

You guys have done an excellent job making top level gears available to the most players possible, and I thank you for that as well.
    Now that so many of us have them, its time to put them to the test.

Maybe you can come up with a next level of elite map.
    Something that is optional (and rewarding) for top geared players but keep the current map difficulties as they are.
    Super-elite content, if you will.

This is a great game and i hope it will continue to be great.
    The last few releases/reveals/events/updates have just been a bit lacking, I am sorry to say.

Thanks for listening to us.

p.s. This is a copy and paste of the thread i left in suggestions and feedback, I blame my OCD for my need to over-communicate.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amicusdei For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Also make insignias drop in elite,with an increased chance,but better if it would be guaranteed.
    Nice thread btw ^-^

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

This was a very well constructed and polite way of asking STG to reassess their recent decisions on new content and map difficulties. Hopefully this will effectively tell STG what alot of us are thinking. The farmable items are great but when content gets too easy or when new gear is lacking any noticeable advantage to current legendary gear then the game gets stagnant and people lose interest. I agree with everything the OP said. Great work.

As many have mentioned before the most effective way to keep the longevity of this game and keep people interested is simply scaling up all old elite maps and scaling much of the old already created legendary items in the past to level 45/46 gear. This has been done countless many times in the past seasons. So why is this all of a sudden a monumentally difficult thing to do now? We all can remember how many seasons the entombed hammer was scaled up and people farmed them like crazy season after season. This is such a simple easy thing to do that takes much less time than rendering new maps and new content. I have no doubt this will create a frenzy or buzz and players will quickly return and start farming again. I'm even ok with you guys halting all development of new content and focusing on this.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 08-29-2015 at 12:47 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amicusdei View Post
    Also, mob clearing should be like 50-60% minimum to spawn boss.
    Drop a few mobs and run should not be an option.
    I second this. If STS wanted "kill 20 mobs, spawn boss" scenario, well, they could have made 15 short maps out of those 3 we have now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

If STG really wants a good example a very well balanced map difficulty that was challenging and required all classes to work together, then take a look at the Nordr Elite maps. Those were simply great. Warriors were needed in those good old days. Use that as guide to how hard hitting and how much hp the new elite mobs should have. It took so much strategy and team work in terms of pulling and positioning in order to run that map without much deaths. Nowadays players just simply don't want the challenge and any elite map that requires practice and strategizing people complain about. They instead want a map that if they are inexperience or lack skills, can still just complete easily without thinking or strategizing. Its mind numbingly boring.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 08-29-2015 at 01:00 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I would like to know why there are no elite chests, why the chests have a single item in each, and why there are no elite legendaries. The only new gear so far this season is crate gear.

1) Orcslayer doesn't count because of its abysmal stats
    2) Mythic doesn't count because there is only a helm (so far) and the stats again are low.

Neither of the sets are tradeable, giving us no real way to earn money without crate popping.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-29-2015 at 01:43 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I would like to know why there are no elite chests, why the chests have a single item in each, and why there are no elite legendaries. The only new gear so far this season is crate gear.

1) Orcslayer doesn't count because of its abysmal stats
    2) Mythic doesn't count because there is only a helm (so far) and the stats again are low.

Neither of the sets are tradeable, giving us no real way to earn money without crate popping.
    Its a 'lite' zone and only serves to grind the mythic set. Nothing is hard therefore nothing will drop either. Take it or skip and wait for the next boss or Halloween is the way I see it.

Gives the no gear no skill player something to work on. Highly popular with the same crowd that farms km3.

It is what it is.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Its a 'lite' zone and only serves to grind the mythic set. Nothing is hard therefore nothing will drop either. Take it or skip and wait for the next boss or Halloween is the way I see it.

Gives the no gear no skill player something to work on. Highly popular with the same crowd that farms km3.

It is what it is.
    hey i still farm km3 on occasion and im max geared

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  36.6 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Exactly. You can't expect joke difficulty AND amazing loot at the same time.

As for why there are no elite chests. That's easy: there are no elite chests, because these are not elite maps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    If STG really wants a good example a very well balanced map difficulty that was challenging and required all classes to work together, then take a look at the Nordr Elite maps. Those were simply great. Warriors were needed in those good old days. Use that as guide to how hard hitting and how much hp the new elite mobs should have. It took so much strategy and team work in terms of pulling and positioning in order to run that map without much deaths. Nowadays players just simply don't want the challenge and any elite map that requires practice and strategizing people complain about. They instead want a map that if they are inexperience or lack skills, can still just complete easily without thinking or strategizing. Its mind numbingly boring.
    That is why most of the old players (including me) think that The Battle for Nordr was the best expansion for this game.This expansion had everyting:game balance,nice loot,interesting lore,and challenging maps.Well,shuyal was still good,but with the introduction of the upgraded mythic armor and the two mythic weapons for level 36,the most important factor of a game started to fade away slowly:Balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I agree with most of the points. To the maxed players, who are a fast growing minority the new elite is neither challenging, nor is the loot of any appeal. I personally waited for this patiently 2 months and another half an year before the expansion was released. Now, after running the new maps about 50 times, be it solo, in a pro pt, or in a pug, I have no desire whatsoever to run those maps anymore. To be honest everything except the first 3 runs (one per map), which I did solo, felt like a chore.

My concern is that sts have never been particularly good at reading or interpreting feedback. Further they have been particularly bad at buffing and nerfing stuff, never hitting the sweet spot. Sadly after the eminent failure they have, in most cases, decided to leave things as they are and not change them any further. I just hope that all the feedback does not make them do something typical, such as: make the maps much harder, increase the number of monsters needed for boss spawn and leave the drop rate of the components of the undesirable (due to mediocre stats) the same, thus effectively making any farm tedious and waay too long...

Nevertheless the elite content is terrible in its current state and should be tweaked quite a bit.
    Last edited by Jazzi; 08-29-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Orcs are fine nice a gushie easy to kill. The trolls should have health and armor incensed and drop insignia and top jewels.

Yes the amount of mobs cleared before a boss arrives is the main problem with New elite zones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree with this post, and the jewel drop you recommend it would be awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Yes to better jewels in elites, damaged ones or cracked ones. No diamonds too plox.

Yea to better gear in the form of legendary crate weapons (or anything else as a matter of fact), this might kill off the locked market but eh. Or add a confirmed jewel drop from boss.

Yes for the need to kill more mobs for bosses. Something on the line of elite elusive bosses would be much better, so when people just want to kill 20 mobs and run to boss they can and when people don't want to they can clear the mobs for the chance at an elusive boss. Not everyone wants to button smash for 20 mins for one chance at a loot, I prefer 5-10 min button-smashing. Less chances of dcing and its easy on my fingers.

No to the buffing up of mobs but yes to the buffing up of bosses. Warriors are required in the maps when the party can't run through the mobs, and that's pretty much their only purpose ATM, buffing the boss would be nice, but make it so when the warrior fails to heal or aggro the boss at a red zone, its them paying the price instead of the puny mage or the squishy rogue. Die elephant die!

No to the insignias in elites, this will only make sure people who can't run the elites and are farming normal rengol maps lose out more. By people I could also mean the few bots I've seen in cryogem mine, oh yes I see you warriors without axe and mages with heal!

On a side note could we please have an elite daily instead of the repeatable for 2orc tags? Wouldn't that make life sooo much easier, noone wants to run normal dailies for half a decade.(I still haven't crafted my nomerite armour, I would rather people who want these new mythics get the orc tags and buy the orc toofs and the rune I farm).

P.S.: Buffing mobs HP and armour only means you are slamming skills for a longer time, contradictary to the part in your post where you stated it shouldnt be just standing in one spot and spamming skills, I do think the orc gladiator needs a HP buff though.
    The orc gladiator needs some glasses too.When the entire group comes to attack us,only he stays there...and does nothing...either he is blind,or he's a coward.

Or he's bugged as heck.