Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: REWARD for those on leaderboard :o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

People have been getting on the Death leader boards by going into the level "Bank Vault" and taking all their gear off and sitting there hitting the spawn button. In my opinion that's sad and same with the K/D ratio as well not one person on there cant say they didn't cheat. I think that getting on the leader boards is a reward itself showing the long time you've spent reaching your goal/achievement to show what you've done to others in game and I don't think and item is needed to show that. That is if you didn't cheat though either.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Imp, you can't really use the Founder's Helm in any way to make a point. The devs didn't give veterans an item because they've played longer and therefore are more skilled, (which isn't true,) but because they've played longer and helped support STS at the beginning.

If someone argues that the highly skilled people on the LB's should get an item, they're saying they should get it because they're better than the rest. Making the powerful more powerful. That won't fly with most people.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 05-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Idk I don't like this idea. Pvp rewards, yes. But there are plenty of people that deserve a special reward that are NOT on the leaderboard and yes, MANY people cheated. Not just in kdr either. I know people who have paid friends to let them get killed. Yes, in the top 5 pvp kill group (no it's not me). Anyone can get kills, but numbers don't always reflect skill. Repeated spawn kills add up. You'd be surprised. I HAVE NEVER CHEATED TO STAY ON THE BOARDS. I DON'T SPAWN KILL TO BOOST MY KILL COUNT. Being on the leaderboard should be the reward. A lot of people on there have a huge chip on their shoulders so obviously, pride is enough. Personally, I'd like to see leaders taken out of the game anyway. And all of this comes from someone who has been on the boards since the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial-legend View Post

2. I heard some ppl were saying leaderboard doesnt mean anything, well answer my question: if leaderboard doesn't suggest who's good then what does??
    I like finding out for myself if a person Is good or not by 1v1ing. It's often pretty accurate that leaderboard pvpers are good (ladylove, skimmey). But in some cases it's horribly inaccurate (Kayumanggi, Fabiomkd).

Oh yea and what Arterra said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the leaderboards should be their own reward, as otherwise the entire PL community would be trying to cheat their way up there to get those special items.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The leaderboard is it's own reward, and a friend of mine was watching someone "make history" in bank vault by reaching leaderboard for deaths. I thought, what a silly waste of time.....

But different strokes for different folks.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    I like finding out for myself if a person Is good or not by 1v1ing. It's often pretty accurate that leaderboard pvpers are good (ladylove, skimmey). But in some cases it's horribly inaccurate (Kayumanggi, Fabiomkd).

Oh yea and what Arterra said.
    Fabiokmd is like the best str bear IMO...you should have seen him pre-GCD, he's beast.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Great idea
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sounds okay. Just wipe everyone off the leader boards and everyone starts from square one. All kills and such from this point on will count. After six months, then hand out the vanity items or whatever.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Sounds okay. Just wipe everyone off the leader boards and everyone starts from square one. All kills and such from this point on will count. After six months, then hand out the vanity items or whatever.
    That still wouldn't do a thing to keep people from doing the same manipulating-numbers kind of actions that got them where they were in the first place.

Too many people in all games skirt the rules/do shady things to achieve certain numbers....not saying everyone, but it happens. I was on the Halo loeaderboards on Xbox Live back in the day and I earned it...only to see people abuse the system and cheat, and people knew it, to get the glory later and beat out the honest players.

No.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    Fabiokmd is like the best str bear IMO...you should have seen him pre-GCD, he's beast.
    Maybe but I've only seem him run out my buffs and troll as a dex bear. If it's 2v1 and we are near each other, he kites to his teammate instead of towards me to get the double team.

I got my twink bird on the PvP kd leaderboard pretty easily, realised it was beyond pointless and no-one cared, so I stopped bothering

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    That still wouldn't do a thing to keep people from doing the same manipulating-numbers kind of actions that got them where they were in the first place.

Too many people in all games skirt the rules/do shady things to achieve certain numbers....not saying everyone, but it happens. I was on the Halo loeaderboards on Xbox Live back in the day and I earned it...only to see people abuse the system and cheat, and people knew it, to get the glory later and beat out the honest players.

No.
    Yeah I know. I personally just ignore the leader boards for those reasons. I was suggesting what I said so those on the leader boards aren't rewarded for something that they've already done.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Gotcha ^^^
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    Yeah I know. I personally just ignore the leader boards for those reasons. I was suggesting what I said so those on the leader boards aren't rewarded for something that they've already done.
    They would just do it again, the only way I could see the LB being even remotely legit is to remove anyone who has frozen xp (PvE only), there is no hope for the PvP LB since people will pay or just log on with a seperate device to boost kills. For PvE, people would play until they are close to death and then just dc; it would also bring back the age of skipping boss runs (like during 56 xp grind).

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see leaders taken out of the game anyway. And all of this comes from someone who has been on the boards since the beginning.
    I wouldn't have suggested to remove the LB, but since Ladylove started it I'm on board with that. They are pretty pointless except to a slim few who actually achieved something, the others (you know who you are) just have a false sense of accomplishment.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-07-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

um yeah here I am #1k/d ratio pvp but u don't think it took time and skill ur crazy.. why not be rewarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i totally agree with u imp but i have a question? What if someone goes on leaderboards after the gifts are out? shouldn he also get a gift??? And will the devs give him one? Leaderboards are a bit complicated and gifts for it will be a big matter. But if they can make it good I totally agree that u should get someething for makin it there
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Another downside is if you lose your spot on the leader board :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    um yeah here I am #1k/d ratio pvp but u don't think it took time and skill ur crazy.. why not be rewarded
    Time? Yes. Skill? Meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kid please, stop cheating lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I'm quite sure that you're so awesome and your build is so epic that you are undefeated in 1,338 (leet +1) PvP legit matches. I fail to see how anyone could doubt your mad skills, son. Here is your prize:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I'm quite sure that you're so awesome and your build is so epic that you are undefeated in 1,338 (leet +1) PvP legit matches. I fail to see how anyone could doubt your mad skills, son. Here is your prize:

Cmon... Be mature about this, he's a father and you are making a largely stereotypical assumption. Not cool at all. Leaderboards create competition, even if it is just to boost. They instill just another goal in the game, if a few
    people don't agree with it, doesn't mean they should remove them. People are saying they don't take skill, in a game. What does? Your all pressing buttons and swiping the screen, how is there anything skillful or remotely graceful about that. It's a matter of opinion, if you don't like leaderboards, don't look at them/ignore them. If you like them, work your way up there. One more thing, I'm not on the leaderboards, nor do I have even the slightest wish to be.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List