Thread: REWARD for those on leaderboard :o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default REWARD for those on leaderboard :o

well, firstly, i know most of u might disagree with me for two reasons:

1. Most of u r not on there

2. u may deem that it doesn't mean much coz it is not that difficult to get on there.

BUT, if u look at it from another aspects, it actually means a lot and i do reckon an exclusive gift need to be granted from dev for these reasons:

1. The 'founderhelmet' was rewarded simply for those who built their account at the very beginning... i mean are ALL of them really veterans? NO,coz it doesn't mean they rly dedicate much into this game and certainly doesn't mean they work hard to be good.

2. I heard some ppl were saying leaderboard doesnt mean anything, well answer my question: if leaderboard doesn't suggest who's good then what does??

3. Have u ever tried to make a character and work it hard onto the leaderboard? well it is harder than u imagine to go up there, especially maintaining ur record after.

4. Working up on leaderboard actually requires TONs of time and hard work. Taking myself as a good example, for my main, I've actually spent like more than 6 hrs every single day doing pvp in arena during my 3 months holiday.. and now my bear, i also dedicated lots lots of time to finally got him onto the board.

For these reasons, i rly rly do think we deserve like a leaderhelm or sth.

So here is my idea: if u r on there u will be granted the gift, but if u get eliminated by other players ur gift will be automatically removed.

In this way, by having these added incentives. all of us can actually be motivated and work harder to create New Records~~
    Last edited by Imperial-legend; 05-07-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    'Everyday is a blessing'
    Imperialelf - lvl66 cutie
    Imperialdream - lvl61 bunny bear :3 Imperialavian - lvl45 Imperialaura - lvl13

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imperial-legend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed. Gifts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

But then the item shoudnt be OP, maybe a vanity with arrows pointing to your toons head saying "I made it!" with like 1 armor and 1 damage.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    But then the item shoudnt be OP, maybe a vanity with arrows pointing to your toons head saying "I made it!" with like 1 armor and 1 damage.
    lol yeh just a token of ur achievement=)
    'Everyday is a blessing'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

LMAO i thought this would be controversial but it seems no one has objective~~~ so how do u ask dev to look at this thread??
    'Everyday is a blessing'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So....if I made leaderboards for the highest number of deaths would I still get something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post

So....if I made leaderboards for the highest number of deaths would I still get something?
    well IMO, yes u do IF u can make it up there... i mean if most death doesnt mean anything then why would dev be bothered to make a leaderboard for that in the first place?? btw happybdayappl is on my list lol hes amazing with 80k+ pve deaths.
    'Everyday is a blessing'

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I'm sorry, am I the only one who thinks this is useless? Leaderboards (LB) are primarily for boosters. People freeze xp and farm zombies for days, so the only thing they have actually accomplished is having way too much time on their hands or perhaps staying awake for what must be as boring as watching paint dry (so to speak). Also, some of the categories are quite strange (overall deaths), shouldn't that have a dunce cap awarded (sorry if those are actual stats for people, I assume that it was done on purpose). What about people who have quit (or banned) just wait until they get passed up... eventually?

Overall, I guess I'm on board for this simply because I would like to see people compete for their place on the useless LB. Could be funny to watch because I know I've been flamed for calling some of the boosters out. But seriously who can go 1000+ wins without a single loss in PvP? If they're so good, why are they never mentioned in the "Who's the best PvPer" threads? Just think for a second who you are supporting with the addition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

The leaderboards can be cheated

say a player has two devices and two accounts whats to stop them just pvping themselves or even a group of people just letting them kill them to raise the kill count just to get on the leaderboards.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    The leaderboards can be cheated

say a player has two devices and two accounts whats to stop them just pvping themselves or even a group of people just letting them kill them to raise the kill count just to get on the leaderboards.
    good point, BUT still u should consider that as a flaw or blind spot of the leaderboard function. I do reckon thats cheating as well but that only apply to PVP kd ratio board, and u cant denny all the hard work ppl put in getting onto the other boards
    'Everyday is a blessing'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I'm sorry, am I the only one who thinks this is useless? Leaderboards (LB) are primarily for boosters. People freeze xp and farm zombies for days, so the only thing they have actually accomplished is having way too much time on their hands or perhaps staying awake for what must be as boring as watching paint dry (so to speak). Also, some of the categories are quite strange (overall deaths), shouldn't that have a dunce cap awarded (sorry if those are actual stats for people, I assume that it was done on purpose). What about people who have quit (or banned) just wait until they get passed up... eventually?

Overall, I guess I'm on board for this simply because I would like to see people compete for their place on the useless LB. Could be funny to watch because I know I've been flamed for calling some of the boosters out. But seriously who can go 1000+ wins without a single loss in PvP? If they're so good, why are they never mentioned in the "Who's the best PvPer" threads? Just think for a second who you are supporting with the addition.
    Bingo. Instead of gifting a few hard workers and many boosters (im not saying you are imperial, juat that sone are) with a temp item thats wortgless doeant motivate me. I think we need pvp rewards for all, like honor points from winning games that can be used for special gear etc. Vanities coukd also be bougjt w/ these. This would attract loads of players who previously didnt want to pvp.

Also we need a pvp tutorial, and a overhauled pvp system (as of now one or two types of char are op at diff lvls)
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial-legend View Post
    good point, BUT still u should consider that as a flaw or blind spot of the leaderboard function. I do reckon thats cheating as well but that only apply to PVP kd ratio board, and u cant denny all the hard work ppl put in getting onto the other boards
    Can't deny hard work to die loads? This could be possible with a bit of tweaking. First of all, remove the death category, it's pretty pointless (as HappyBdayAppl proved) Next, freeze xp is intended for the creation of PvP twinks so freezing xp should knock one out of the PvE LB; it's just like on X360 where game cheats (if available) disable achievements. PvE K/D ratio would prolly have to raise the bar past >1,000 to maybe 10,000 otherwise people would just get 1000/0 and stop using the toon and lock a spot on the LB. Also top 5 seems a bit much for a LB, maybe just top 3 (if a reward system is in place).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

firstly, the zombie kill farming as boosting is wrong, the top two pve KD ratio r on my list and they r both lvl50+ with 0 death. u have to admit thats indeed quite an achievement disregard of whether they hav too much time to waste or not.

secondly, pvp kd ratio is a special case which I would agree with u, in fact i m very confident to say that EVERY single ONE of them who is on there CHEATED. but once again u cant denny the great achievement of other players from other boards just by them.
    'Everyday is a blessing'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you see someone on the pvp k/d ratio tops, and think that they cheated, as them to a duel. go all out, and just try to kill them at least twice. that should half their ratio, and voila, they have to earn their way onto the leaderboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can't deny hard work to die loads? This could be possible with a bit of tweaking. First of all, remove the death category, it's pretty pointless (as HappyBdayAppl proved) Next, freeze xp is intended for the creation of PvP twinks so freezing xp should knock one out of the PvE LB; it's just like on X360 where game cheats (if available) disable achievements. PvE K/D ratio would prolly have to raise the bar past >1,000 to maybe 10,000 otherwise people would just get 1000/0 and stop using the toon and lock a spot on the LB. Also top 5 seems a bit much for a LB, maybe just top 3 (if a reward system is in place).
    Eliminating the death board is fair enough hehe =], but thats also quite depends on what dev's intention was of making one there in the first place
    'Everyday is a blessing'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

firstly, the zombie kill farming as boosting is wrong, the top two pve KD ratio r on my list and they r both lvl50+ with 0 death. u have to admit thats indeed quite an achievement disregard of whether they hav too much time to waste or not.

secondly, pvp kd ratio is a special case which I would agree with u, in fact i m very confident to say that EVERY single ONE of them who is on there CHEATED. but once again u cant denny the great achievement of other players from other boards just by them.

because farming keeper is hard?..
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, firstly, i know most of u might disagree with me for two reasons....

did you get founder helmet?

is your character on the leaderboard?

that's what I want to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Not to sound rude, but just because they leveled after the fact doesn't make it any more spectacular. So, freezing xp and farming until you have say 100k+ kills, then unfreezing and having someone powerlevel you still doesn't impress me. I'd love to see if the people who froze xp were removed from the leaderboards, if your friends would make the cut... if they were there after that, then it is indeed quite an achievement, but I know for fact that the top of PvE K/D ratio currently has frozen xp at 52 (so they can farm CtK) which doesn't impress me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post

So you're saying that I can run into Alien Oasis 3 naked and get the most deaths

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

the leaderboards should be their own reward, as otherwise the entire PL community would be trying to cheat their way up there to get those special items.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...