Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nomerite Quest Line Should Not Be Limited By Time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What we have that is very similar to the blacksmoke weapons quest is the dragkin teeth/dragonite bars from last season. However, because the shard was so rare all that time, nobody really got to enjoy doing that quest. Now with shards being affordable, it is actually a great quest, and unfortunately is still a better use of your time than farming the new dungeons.

So yes, it would be nice if we had something like that in these new dungeons.

For a new player starting AL now, working for an arcane ring is actually something that is very achievable but is definitely a long grind as well. I don't know if anything in AL has ever been as nice of a quest as this one. We need more like that!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Well if these types of things are available to everyone and not just the 24/7 players or plat whales, people would actually try for it.
    To put this in perspective, this quest required you run a dungeon called Fire Forest that took around 5 minutes for a full party to complete. It was not difficult, and you most likely would not die, except occasionally at the boss. One out of every 2-3 runs, the boss would drop an "ichor" (kind of like how dragkin teeth drop). You needed to accumulate 500 ichors to complete the quest, and then you were awarded this special elite weapon (in Pocket Legends "Elite" rarity was the top rarity, like Arcane rarity is in Arcane Legends). Also, these bosses would very occasionally drop a black dragon helm or armor. When I say "very occasionally" I mean about the same chance as looting an arcane item from an elite gold chest in Arcane Legends. In 1000+ runs myself, I looted 3 black dragon items, and I was almost always running with luck elixir.

After about 1 month, the Fire Forest dungeon went away, and the elite weapons and black dragon helms and armors all became discontinued gear. Last I heard those black dragon items were going for 100m+ per set.

Overall I never had more fun playing an STS game than that 1 month in September 2012 when we were hunting ichors.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Agree zeus
    But its better if it remains 2 tags for 90 mobs cause its not hard you can do this in 3-4 runs without any stress and you have chance to drop rune
    In 3-4 runs 99% chance of getting rune..
    Btw i dont want to increase the repeatable quiest award i want a quiest like
    Nordar bard quiest like kill 30 elite boss for 20-30 orc tags..
    That kind of quiest will be awsom
    But what will every on do with the orc tags..
    I mean nothing worth getting in orc tags all the items in store are crap item they worth nothing by adding something good item in store will be good if they add more quiest line for orc tags

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    To put this in perspective, this quest required you run a dungeon called Fire Forest that took around 5 minutes for a full party to complete. It was not difficult, and you most likely would not die, except occasionally at the boss. One out of every 2-3 runs, the boss would drop an "ichor" (kind of like how dragkin teeth drop). You needed to accumulate 500 ichors to complete the quest, and then you were awarded this special elite weapon (in Pocket Legends "Elite" rarity was the top rarity, like Arcane rarity is in Arcane Legends). Also, these bosses would very occasionally drop a black dragon helm or armor. When I say "very occasionally" I mean about the same chance as looting an arcane item from an elite gold chest in Arcane Legends. In 1000+ runs myself, I looted 3 black dragon items, and I was almost always running with luck elixir.

After about 1 month, the Fire Forest dungeon went away, and the elite weapons and black dragon helms and armors all became discontinued gear. Last I heard those black dragon items were going for 100m+ per set.

Overall I never had more fun playing an STS game than that 1 month in September 2012 when we were hunting ichors.
    I havent played pocket legends much, that quest sounds interesting. Any player had the option to obtain the item if they put forth the effort. We need more things like that in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mizsty View Post
    I'd be more than happy with even 5 tags per repeatable quest turned in. I just did three repeats and definitely had a "wtf-am-I-doing-with-my-life" moment when I realized that amount of effort yielded 6 tags, 0 fangs, 0 runes and 1 whole cracked lightning jewel. It's definitely kind of insane.
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

That's "GOOD POSTING"......

In my opinion the 2 tags for killing 90 orcs in elite garetta repeatable quest is a pretty fair balance because if more tags were offered (say 5 or more) people would just start to enter the elite garetta maps, kill the first 3 or 4 mobs (maybe about to 15 orcs total per map, give or take a few), exit the map "real quick", then go on to the next elite garetta map and repeat this process until they complete the quest...... This process will take only approx. 6 elite garetta maps runs at a time to complete the quest, which STS will catch wind of and just apply some sort of nerf or adjustment to anyways.... With it set at 2 tags per 90 orc kills in elite garetta it's pretty useless and not a good utilization of time for anyone to be primarily/solely focused on tag farming via that quest itself, so to earn it you are basically left with no choice but to actually run the elites in hopes of reaching the boss to get possible good loot and in the process allocate orc kills towards the 2 tags quest and eventually complete or nearly complete it without even noticing....... But I do feel your frustration about the lack of drops, I had one of those same feelings about a week ago when farming insignias.....

As far as the insignia drops goes...... I personally gave up on farming those.... I still run normal garetta and eventually reach and kill the boss but only because I mainly go there to hunt for jewels, I just kill the boss and try my hand at insignias, as like a snack...... Haven't had a good snack in a while....

So, i'm just saving tags and hoping for a 2x chance insignia weekend or something.....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 09-02-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

The Elite Repeatable orc tags quest is just a bonus to running the elite ren'gol maps. It's a consolation prize as we farm towards mythic gear. The daily orc tag quests from Stallon and Elvene still remain our main source of tags. In a way, it is quite similar to the days we farmed planar essences for our planar pendant. The dailies are the main source, but we got the odd essence drops from running the maps as well. What this ensures is that people actually RUN the maps as opposed to just buying each and every ingredient.

I do not believe for a moment that orc tags are a limiting factor towards the mythic set, but the lack of new and profitable loot off the elite bosses, as what has been stated on other threads already.
    Last edited by Ticklish; 09-03-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

BTW, nobody has mentioned but that quest gives a gold reward higher than any other daily quest I am aware of. Just the gold reward without the orc tags should cover all costs of potions used in the dungeons. So even that gives you something to keep you going. But has has been said, something of value needs to be in the drop table from those bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    BTW, nobody has mentioned but that quest gives a gold reward higher than any other daily quest I am aware of. Just the gold reward without the orc tags should cover all costs of potions used in the dungeons. So even that gives you something to keep you going. But has has been said, something of value needs to be in the drop table from those bosses.
    even if the gold reward is 5000 still not worth it, which it isn't and currently at 1500 that doesn't pay for the mana/health potions itself running through 1 elite ren'gol and it require 2-3 map for 1 repeated quest done this doesn't include the random death and ankh used.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    we asked for farmable mythics in a long grind and we got exactly that. it s a longtime goal and there s nothing wrong with that. what' s wrong in my opinion is the fact that no other good loot drops from these maps to make it worthwhile til we achieved the goal.
    I completely agree with this post. This armor grind was asked for by the community.

If only new weapons or amor sets dropped from elites it would be a great reason to farm. It's the first season I can remember where new elite stages dont have new gear that drops. This is the problem I'm having. I should have a level 45 archi pylon and magma staff from old elites at least. Plus new stages should have dropped new weapons that were better than crate ones like previous seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I completely agree with this post. This armor grind was asked for by the community.

If only new weapons or amor sets dropped from elites it would be a great reason to farm. It's the first season I can remember where new elite stages dont have new gear that drops. This is the problem I'm having. I should have a level 45 archi pylon and magma staff from old elites at least. Plus new stages should have dropped new weapons that were better than crate ones like previous seasons.
    Yes the armor grind was asked by the community. However we thought sts would at least have the intelligence and motivation to put new loots in the maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I wonder if Ill ever find a post where I disagree with you from a logical stand point.
    In other words, Agreed 👍

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i still trying to understand why hv to craft that legendaries! cost alot and we will nvr use them :P and if want them to be done to start the mythics quests just make at normal maps a system lk planar tombs drop tokens and change tokens for insignia! i farm a dragon bar easier that insignias! and with dragon bar i can craft ring/amulet with insignias i can craft a set that no1 needed at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Yes zeus i agree to increase number of tags for elite daily for me up to 4 tags and add another daily elite killing the 3 bosses of glinstones maybe for 3 tags