Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | September 2, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    hope you'll happy now to all that wanted harder and longer elite.. .

2x event + harder mobs= NOTHING GAINED just more ankh used

rengol elite was bit easier like sts said to accommodate all players not just the geared.

if the loot from elite dropped in the normal map. . will those who wanted it harder "a challenge" still run elite?

I think the main issue here is that some old players don't like the idea of very new players being able to loot and progress in the game just like they can
    Oh yes, definitely... That's the MAIN issue here!!

Run, run, run...as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Ginger Bread Man (or woman) !!

Mhm...slide on in to 3rd base there feller!

Anywho, can we please just get some balance in the maps and worthwhile loot drops?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Sorry, STS, you're losing our faith here. This is a list of things which have repeatedly been brought up by players this expansion. I will not lay out how to address them, since that has also been discussed, and should be self-explanatory in any case.

~ What happened to primary stat jewels supposed to be dropping in elites?

~ Where are the elite legendaries?

~ Where are the elite chests?

~ The risk/reward and time/effort/reward ratios are extremely far off base this season. There is little to no incentive for players.

~ The orcslayer legendaries take well over a month to earn unless you are very lucky, yet the stats are far below those of the crate legendaries.

~ The orc tags are limited on how many you can get per day, unless you count the 2 tags you can get every few hours if you do nothing but run the ren'gol elite maps.

~ This repeatable quest is completely self-defeating, since elites do not have any insignia drops. Now you increase the time/effort/cost required to do this quest which was already a ridiculous amount of effort for only 2 tags?

~ I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses.

~ Also suggest adding the ingots as possible drops so people aren't reliant on orc tags / dailies for any progress toward their goals.

~ We need farmable items we can sell. These long high-effort quests for items that we can't make money on are discouraging at the very least, especially when we get no elite chests to sell or even jewels of any value in the meantime.

I made an effort over the weekend to actually play this content and get into it. After an hour or two each time, I found myself thinking "why am I wasting my time doing this?" and logged out again. I can't farm the jewels I need, I can't loot insignias to save my life, and I can't bring myself to run the same map or two nonstop in a futile effort for untradeable gear below the stats of that which I am already wearing. These are complaints I hear repeatedly from others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Honestly the lack of listening to our feedback is so disheartening. I really don't know what to do to get there attention anymore other than bump good posts. So here we go. Please read the above again if u haven't.
    Bump good posts. I feel no one at sts reads these threads any more and constructive feedback is lost amid the continuous post of useless bitching.

Since season 1, before I go to work, i have logged in every morning with a cup of coffee to knock out dailies and such. When i came home from work i would log on again to knock out dailies on my other toons. After dinner I would log in again and play till Mr. Sandman called my name.
    With the release of Garetta my daily al routine dwindled down to my mage and rogue and i retired my Frankenstein warrior. With the release of elite ren'gol i have retired my mage, i do not log in with my morning coffee, i might log in after work for a tiny bit, and i might log in at the end of my day, and if i do, it wont be for long.

Producer's need to communicate and give us something to work towards. When i say us i mean those of us that have jobs or attend school and pushed money at you through plat purchase to stay compettive with the ones that had the luxury of playing all day every day.
    Last edited by Sfubi; 09-03-2015 at 07:34 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Back vanities on the way, but not a fix for the 43 armor trade issue??? Wow.

Oh, and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel:
    Honestly the lack of listening to our feedback is so disheartening. I really don't know what to do to get there attention anymore other than bump good posts. So here we go. Please read below again if u haven't:

Originally Posted by Serancha:
    Sorry, STS, you're losing our faith here. This is a list of things which have repeatedly been brought up by players this expansion. I will not lay out how to address them, since that has also been discussed, and should be self-explanatory in any case.

~ What happened to primary stat jewels supposed to be dropping in elites?

~ Where are the elite legendaries?

~ Where are the elite chests?

~ The risk/reward and time/effort/reward ratios are extremely far off base this season. There is little to no incentive for players.

~ The orcslayer legendaries take well over a month to earn unless you are very lucky, yet the stats are far below those of the crate legendaries.

~ The orc tags are limited on how many you can get per day, unless you count the 2 tags you can get every few hours if you do nothing but run the ren'gol elite maps.

~ This repeatable quest is completely self-defeating, since elites do not have any insignia drops. Now you increase the time/effort/cost required to do this quest which was already a ridiculous amount of effort for only 2 tags?

~ I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses.

~ Also suggest adding the ingots as possible drops so people aren't reliant on orc tags / dailies for any progress toward their goals.

~ We need farmable items we can sell. These long high-effort quests for items that we can't make money on are discouraging at the very least, especially when we get no elite chests to sell or even jewels of any value in the meantime.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

mesalin

Finally can use wings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    What numnutz said elite garreta was too easy?I have tried and failed repeatedly to complete these maps.players quit after second or third mob leaving me hanging,wasting my elixers,so far 1 fang and no rune.some try to run past mobs to no avail.Very disheartening,guess this map is for the one percenters with top gear.

Just tried again.am sooooo discouraged.one player got two fangs in a row,none for me.boss shouldnt spawn until all mobs r killed.mob kill zones r too large.arrrrrgggggggg
    Best to party up to avoid disappointment

Maybe you'd be better off in a guild like enigmatic/deviant misfits/Elite runners unless you already are in one of those.

Also about 25% probably have top gear now and tbh the new elites are pretty easy but I haven't played since the buff

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    My post was merely a reminder of all the topics which already have constructive threads - topics that STS obviously forgot about when they decided which changes to implement.

All the items on this list have had at least one (usually multiple) extremely constructive conversation(s) on the topics. I see no point in re-having the conversations here, which is why I am just reminding the devs that these are priorities from the player point of view.

If that is not constructive, then I don't know what is. The list of items is constructive in that addressing any (or every) one of those items would go a long way towards re-energizing the community and turning this game around from it's current downward spiral.
    Dimitrian was being facetious. Your post is very constructive, thank you. We do have more new loot coming soon with The King Awakens event. In fact we're incorporating some changes to that content right now based on some of your feedback. We'll be announcing those details very soon.

One question about this point:

"I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses."

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone. If you can think of examples from previous seasons that you thought worked well I'd love to hear them.

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that feedback. Sometimes the solutions come easier than others but we do read and discuss your feedback all the time. In fact the back vanities Remiem posted in this very thread came from those discussions.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Dimitrian was being facetious. Your post is very constructive, thank you. We do have more new loot coming soon with The King Awakens event. In fact we're incorporating some changes to that content right now based on some of your feedback. We'll be announcing those details very soon.

"I will strongly suggest yet again that you give up the "we're working on new content, so don't want you to play the content you already have" concept, scale up the old elites, and add the primary stat jewels, insignias, and orc tags to those maps and bosses."

You mention that there's a lack of items to farm. Do you think that by adding more drops the value of those insignias and jewels will go down and further aggravate the farming issue? There are many players at different stages in this game. Some want to get a particular item quickly so they want that item to drop more frequently. Others already have that item (or maybe want to continue farming that item) and thus want it to remain scarce so the price on the consignment shop is high. We all want farmable things and also want things dropping frequently and it's incredibly difficult to find a solution to please everyone. If you can think of examples from previous seasons that you thought worked well I'd love to hear them.

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that feedback. Sometimes the solutions come easier than others but we do read and discuss your feedback all the time. In fact the back vanities Remiem posted in this very thread came from those discussions.
    I am really glad about the implementation of the backslot. Ty for that

Could we get a hint if there will be myth/arcanr weapons lv46 this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

G-M
    one thought comes to mind, it was posted by someone else in another thread, but scale up the old Entombed Hammers from Nordr maps, and the firesquid rods - have them drop from their respective scaled up elites
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hello,
    When you look at the quest of mythic (recipe) 20 rune, 8vial orc= 120intact orc fang , 7crio fragment = 350tags
    Agree to increase mobs to see the boss coz 18/22 monster to bring up the boss this is funny 3/7min per run depended team
    Fun to clean up one of the cards to have orc fang I try to eliminate all the orcs of the map 1 =(1intact orc) and 3 map =(nothing) time 10 / 15min by map 200/400 potion lost (alone) so bad xdxd
    Increasing health and damage just rudicule more time,ankh,potion
    You must remove all the weapons,amulet,ring lvl46 in different name and similar stat (3/4 weapon mage, 3/4 weapon rogue,3/4 weapon war o.O) just 1 or 2 per class is good for pink weapon
    Remove the loot weapons and armor on the mobs Reduce the rate of pink loot from bosses Increased loot intact orc because if you wanted to craft the set must be as 400/500 fang
    Increase dayli tag reward because currently it is 14 tag /day 350tag=25day so for almost 4 months for the full set
    Add new item at npc to spend, tags
    Add intact orc fang in bronze, silver, gold orc chest
    Add elite orc chest in the 3maps elite + pet porkchop egg
    Add quest and recipe for craft new egg
    Recipe:
    fossil+vial ecto+vial orc
    Many are disappointed the new mythic and lack of money to win in this new content 100% agree with them but I like to start and finish what I began
    Really want to try this set
    Hoping that improvement will bring in the right direction
    Last edited by Imhotepx; 09-03-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

wow,nice back vanities on photo...but I would like to see quiver for rogue

IGN: illidansk/illidanpvp/licence
    Guild: Havrani (ravens) <--- click for more guild info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

a "back vanity slot" SIGHHH, everything is turning out to be vanity wise now a days. make something that will improve the game play and stats wise. this fix to make elite MOB harder more health etc and boss even stronger now is just a BACKLASH as some have hoarded so many RUNES and FANG from the easy loot and easy mob and low price because everyone know the mythic helmet require 20 runes and 120 fang and it won't just be for the helmet it's gonna require more for the whole set. So by fixing it now and making it more harder will just push those that haven't made the mythic helmet yet even work harder and have more trouble obtaining the ingredient while some that were able to craft the helmet had already done so very easily. SIGHH just sigh

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I suggest sts start making some pvp events along with 1 vs 1room for example make a colosseum where players will one vs one, the vs can be based and discriminated by class,for Example rogue vs rogue, based on wins they will lv up tier for each tier should be a reward, that will last every month in end of month top pvpers that will be maybe top 50 I don't know will get pet or gear, with each win u get some amount of points, the loser losses some point, set a limit of point for each tier, I hope my idea good it will definitely cheer us up and have interest,so many useless mini events that none like, I hope you guys like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    hope you'll happy now to all that wanted harder and longer elite.. .

2x event + harder mobs= NOTHING GAINED just more ankh used

rengol elite was bit easier like sts said to accommodate all players not just the geared.

if the loot from elite dropped in the normal map. . will those who wanted it harder "a challenge" still run elite?

I think the main issue here is that some old players don't like the idea of very new players being able to loot and progress in the game just like they can
    Loot what? Progress how? The level 41 gear and season-start crate gear is still the best gear there is. I'm not threatened by new players, I can't see them even sticking around for long since they have no incentive to. Us old-timers have a lot of time (and most of us have at least some money) invested in this game, and the hope that STS will come to their senses and stop this down-spin before it's too late.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Thanks for the response G-M. Appreciate it. I was being facetious in turn - I do actually have a sense of humour, contrary to popular belief.

As far as drop rates, everyone seems to agree that primary stat jewels are not dropping at all, and insignia drop rates are extremely low. We're asking for reasonable rates. 20-30 runs without either an insignia or jewel is not a reasonable drop rate. That would mean I need to do over 2000/3000 runs for the orcslaying set, and will not make a noble gem in the rest of my natural life.

Mostly though, we are asking for insignias and primary stat gems to be available in more than just the ren'gol normal maps. It's not about me wanting insignias yesterday, and being lazy. I think my track record proves I never ask for easy. In fact, I'm not even suggesting putting the items in normal maps, but in scaled elite maps in other areas of the game.

Having to run the same dungeon all day long is akin to being stuck in a cubicle in an office all day. There is a reason I don't work in a cubicle - I can't stand seeing and doing the same thing all day long every day. I'm sure as a developer you can relate.

As far as other seasons, I think Nordr is a good example of something that worked well. Those daggers were fun to farm. Not common enough to lose value, but not so rare that we felt frustrated farming. Same for the warrior weapon that season.
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-03-2015 at 11:38 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

When you put out new gear that's inferior to old gear, the price of the ingredients to craft the new gear is never going to be high enough to justify farming and selling them. The only incentive to farm in this scenario is for collectors and completionists (or those curious about the set bonus, which is more a of a curiosity than anything).

In other words, you set yourself up for failure. Even the slightest buff to the helmet and armor would make all the difference in the world. I'm trying to say this as kindly as possible. I think it's a very fair critique.

My own theory is that you are trying to reduce player damage and health and increase player armor to make warriors relevant in PvE. If that's your goal, it's not going to work since the old gear is still around and farmable. If your goal really is to fix warriors, do it right and fix aggro.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 09-03-2015 at 11:42 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Awesome! Can I get a warrior guitar or harp or something so I can complete my warrior virtuoso look

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Can i know to what actually does " Double Up " refer to ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The solution to this is really simple. Take the insignias for example. You just double the drop rates and then you double the amounts needed in the respective crafting recipes. What this does is that it takes out the irritating element of chance when farming while overall the amount of work you have to put in stays the same and so should the item's price. Plus, that way, the people who forked over large sums of gold and completed the crafts previous to the changes will not feel cheated and the ones that haven't (either because they can't or because they don't feel it's worth it) will no longer find farming them frustrating.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The solution to this is really simple. Take the insignias for example. You just double the drop rates and then you double the amounts needed in the respective crafting recipes. What this does is that it takes out the irritating element of chance when farming while overall the amount of work you have to put in stays the same and so should the item's price. Plus, that way, the people who forked over large sums of gold and completed the crafts previous to the changes will not feel cheated and the ones that haven't (either because they can't or because they don't feel it's worth it) will no longer find farming them frustrating.
    Legit lol 11 words hmmm.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

It's always our goal to make you guys happy and make Arcane Legends a fun and rewarding experience for everyone. We do read your feedback and take it to heart. Our longest (and my favorite) meeting every week is our community feedback meeting where we discuss what you all have been talking about and plan the changes we will make based on that
    And herein lies the problem....i want to farm items that I will enjoy use out of...also farm items that are of use to others, by this I don't mean farm for items to craft useless stuff that is just going to sit in my inventory. Also maybe if the end result of the mythic quest was indeed an extraordinary set of gear worthy of being classed as L46 mythic then I would feel differently. I hear ppl comparing it with old L36 mythics and L41 legendaries and debating which is better...seriously...!
    I really don't like this new jewel system at all..too many lvls ...all in all being a elite farmer in this game is not the same as it was... I think back to the kraken expansion...the variety of maps we had there....the elite southern seas which was short and fun....to skull cove which was initially a horrendous nightmare! However there were good loot drops and omg getting guildies a kong pet was also rewarding! Nowadays these maps aren't providing the satisfaction that previous ones including the nordr,tindirin maps did. Crafting in a small part is okay but it's now unfortunately taken over the whole game..I never thought elite farming maps would be destroyed in this way....basically it's not like elite map farming it's like a version of the elite planar tombs which were released as an addition to the last expansion. We ran these tombs for fragments, we now running rengol 'tombs' for tags.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post: