Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Banning Scammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Exclamation Banning Scammers

I see many threads regarding scammers and some people also post screenies . I want to know what is done about these scammers? Do they get any penalty, warning or something at all? Or are they just not cared about?

What if you have proof of scammers and you want something to happen. NOT to get ur stuff back but to atleast give the scammers some warning that they dont do it again. Can STS please explain a bit about this? Ive tried sending Pms to devs, because i believe Support wont do anything at all. I think messaging is more face to face kinda and that something happens if u send a message instead of a ticket in support.

STS please explain if taking screenshots is worth it or not? I have proof and I bet many others do aswell. Its, atleast for me, not about getting stuff back because I have not lost any. There are others, more vulnerable people who have no idea on whats happening to them. I want to help them. Please enlighten me regarding the actions taken agaisnt scammers.
    Last edited by Justg; 09-04-2015 at 10:36 AM. Reason: more accurate title

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I agree with you however sadly there is no action taken against these scammers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

STS takes action just submit the evidence to support. The scammer can be banned but your items will not be return to you, sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    STS takes action just submit the evidence to support. The scammer can be banned but your items will not be return to you, sadly.
    ive seen many proofs given to sts..and i see scammers wandering in towns..actually making fun of the people they scammed..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Yup, a player even called himself scammer, clearly mocking all those who got scammed and sts who doesnt take action against scammers. He was a very well geared warrior with the ten million gold vanity.

My home, normally my desk or in the bed :v
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I reported time ago a scammer with ss and i still see the guy scamming more people in arlor :v

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Ikr I'm on a current rampage over this too. As always take many ss and send details to support@spacetimestudios.com along with the time it happened and the other players ign.

And by all means, spread the word on the names of these guys to your guild and friends.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Ikr I'm on a current rampage over this too. As always take many ss and send details to support@spacetimestudios.com along with the time it happened and the other players ign.

And by all means, spread the word on the names of these guys to your guild and friends.
    sadly im guildess atm..and people dont know me so they dont take my word..
    A new thing is that these scammers are not alone...but they have friends/partners in crime..who know that the person is a scammer..but near a crowd they all stand.up for him...which dsnt let people believe the accusation

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Yes we do ban scammers. Please report them to support and provide the in game name as well as a description of the activity and we will investigate.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Yes we do ban scammers. Please report them to support and provide the in game name as well as a description of the activity and we will investigate.
    Apparently investigating does not lead to anything...i dont see the need to investigate when people have proofs...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey 2.0 For This Useful Post:

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    Apparently investigating does not lead to anything...i dont see the need to investigate when people have proofs...
    Even with proof we still investigate before we ban someone. The proof definitely helps, but we still need to verify the activity. So please do report these players when you see them.

The best thing you can do to combat scammers is to never give any items or gold to anyone you don't know. If you do feel you have to trade with someone you don't know, make sure you pay very close attention to what's being traded. Never ever give out your password either. Tell your friends to do the same. If someone is offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Even with proof we still investigate before we ban someone. The proof definitely helps, but we still need to verify the activity. So please do report these players when you see them.

The best thing you can do to combat scammers is to never give any items or gold to anyone you don't know. If you do feel you have to trade with someone you don't know, make sure you pay very close attention to what's being traded. Never ever give out your password either. Tell your friends to do the same. If someone is offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
    You guys may not have noticed this, but a big part of the al community is unhappy with the way scammers are deal with, eventhough getting scammed is your own fault in a way scammers are given way too much freedom. I hope there might be something you guys could do about this.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Been playing almost 4 years and not once have I been scammed. Use common sense and don't trade in a rush. It's really not that hard to not be scammed people
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Been playing almost 4 years and not once have I been scammed. Use common sense and don't trade in a rush. It's really not that hard to not be scammed people
    Its not about complaining after being scammed..its about showing scammers that action will be taken against them if they try to scam. Im not stupid enough to be scammed..but some people arent my age or are not familiar with the way AL works...its so that they stay safe.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey 2.0 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

You recieve screenshots and other valid proof of the scamm, then you investigate and ban that culprit.

Then one thing is left, due AL server is yours, you
    programmed the game, just return items to the rightful
    owner.

Example--> You are a cardealer, one customer is interested in one of ur cars, he then ask to drive the car around the block and hands you his id card. Then swoosh he is gone
    with the car. You suddenly call the police and bla..bla.... At the end of the day the police catches this guy and tells you, sir we caught the thief but we can't handover the car to you because you should not have given him the car...wouldn't it be frustrating??

Ontop many AL player paid real money for various items!

Ps pardon my english im not a native speaker

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bmwmsix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

It's cyclical. Right now there is a huge new crop of newly capped players that are geared and naive. Many don't have forum accounts and aren't aware of this stuff. Once we get tough by spreading the word, being diligent of reporting, and reminding friends and mates of their wiley ways it will die down again.

StS does ban these guys, they don't like it either.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    It's cyclical. Right now there is a huge new crop of newly capped players that are geared and naive. Many don't have forum accounts and aren't aware of this stuff. Once we get tough by spreading the word, being diligent of reporting, and reminding friends and mates of their wiley ways it will die down again.

StS does ban these guys, they don't like it either.
    I see that they ban, but still..why is it so easy for scammers to rename? it is STS's server, they can see whats happening. Scamming is a really bad thing to do..I once used all my pocket money in the earlier days of the game and got geared up...but got scammed later..i wish i wasnt so naive back then. Real life money is worth a lot. I think STS should take drastic measures...Maybe even make a banner for scammers...so that they cant change their banners and so that the people know who the person actually is..no matter if he changes name or not..

Ik this sounds harsh but scammers are doing the scamming first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I see that they ban, but still..why is it so easy for scammers to rename? it is STS's server, they can see whats happening. Scamming is a really bad thing to do..I once used all my pocket money in the earlier days of the game and got geared up...but got scammed later..i wish i wasnt so naive back then. Real life money is worth a lot. I think STS should take drastic measures...Maybe even make a banner for scammers...so that they cant change their banners and so that the people know who the person actually is..no matter if he changes name or not..

Ik this sounds harsh but scammers are doing the scamming first...
    If a player gets banned, all of their toons get banned and their devices get banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    If a player gets banned, all of their toons get banned and their devices get banned.
    and if they dont, they rename and get away with it..even tho everyone knows who the person actually is.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Its not about complaining after being scammed..its about showing scammers that action will be taken against them if they try to scam. Im not stupid enough to be scammed..but some people arent my age or are not familiar with the way AL works...its so that they stay safe.
    Wasn't talking about complaining after being scammed was simply saying its not that hard to avoid getting scammed. Also lately most people that have been scammed has been because they themselves were willing to violate tos to get things such as the duplicate item glitch. I'm not saying everyone that has been scammed is because its their fault but yea its not really that hard to not get scammed
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized