Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Banning Scammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Wasn't talking about complaining after being scammed was simply saying its not that hard to avoid getting scammed. Also lately most people that have been scammed has been because they themselves were willing to violate tos to get things such as the duplicate item glitch. I'm not saying everyone that has been scammed is because its their fault but yea its not really that hard to not get scammed
    u are experianced..i am too..but there are others out there who do not have a single idea of whats going on lol...so STS shud be the gotham police and let us be the Batman, we catch em for STS and they give em some penalty..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I hear people can reset their device id's? And you can hide your ip's.

These scammers also seem to delete and remake toons a lot, which is not a rename. It's a "new" name on a new account. To you, it might look the same but to the game program it's not "scammer". It's actually "scammer134812393048", etc.

Moreover, they like to try to imitate well-known people. So they create "famous1384132094812309" (exaggerated id for illustration purposes only) which looks a lot like "famous1384122094812309" (who is generally a well-known, trusted player or just a well-known player).

The scammer/s can probably make an infinite number of accounts. There are a few names they seem to re-use, but lots of them are throw-away names. They just make a new toon with new names which may or may not be similar to existing names.

Best a player can do really is be careful with any trading and giving.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    I see many threads regarding scammers and some people also post screenies . I want to know what is done about these scammers? Do they get any penalty, warning or something at all? Or are they just not cared about?

What if you have proof of scammers and you want something to happen. NOT to get ur stuff back but to atleast give the scammers some warning that they dont do it again. Can STS please explain a bit about this? Ive tried sending Pms to devs, because i believe Support wont do anything at all. I think messaging is more face to face kinda and that something happens if u send a message instead of a ticket in support.

STS please explain if taking screenshots is worth it or not? I have proof and I bet many others do aswell. Its, atleast for me, not about getting stuff back because I have not lost any. There are others, more vulnerable people who have no idea on whats happening to them. I want to help them. Please enlighten me regarding the actions taken agaisnt scammers.
    They wont because if you get scammed its your own fault. And then people that hate u in game can say u scammed then and u get banned-that kinda happend to me.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Lots here talking about common sense and naivety, Its good these people did not experience the feeling of getting "tricked/scammed/etc", but understand if people shows you compassion in return esp if youre nice youll try to show compassion too via "item lending/gold/etc".

Most people who got scammed are either they are new too online gaming or they trust too much thinking everyone is nice. Like me. A lesson learned the hardway.

So be vigilant with your items. always.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Everyone just pay REAL close attention to what you are buying or selling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Been playing almost 4 years and not once have I been scammed. Use common sense and don't trade in a rush. It's really not that hard to not be scammed people
    Wait till someone started a new way to scam and little did you know,you got scammed in a way with the scammer's sweet words and friendliness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I always ignore and report people who try to scam, but they're all still there on my ignore list..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

As i said year (s) age and most of replys was negative.

i do play a game on pc so long and there bans was simple.

1= raport with date timing + screenshots. its will ban.

2= raport with ss vid, its ban.

3= raport with ss about bully wery bad talks in towns is ban.

Scanmer will ban and scamm losed player will get back item. Timing details with devs following every item than bringing back.

Raporter earn a little cps (plat in AL)

first ban can be unlocked with a couple cps (plat) lets say 100 plat.

Baned ppl going jail. they can talk ppl but cant go out of jail.

Second ban 300 plat.

3rd ban = forever ban.

Forum had a secret topic. Only devs and raporter can see posts. if profs confusing devs, devs replying post and raporter explaining.

Also all devs checking and telling if its not a scamm not a bot not a ban reason.

if devs correct its BAN. they are banning player. Posting in forum so everyone can see

Player Name:
    Raporter name:
    Baned dev:
    Reason and prof of baning:
    Links to prof:

i know AL not a big company like that BUT
    What i would like to in AL is

Remind in game every 30 min about dont trust + scamm tactics + take a look forum for it so many ppl scammed. in the options there can be a button for active or deactive that system mesages

Also Ban players and post theys NAME. Also if they open a new char with same ID do a symbol on character everyone can see he get ban at past. That ways scammers will put back step and i think there not much scammer gotta try scamm.

Give a small amount plat OR untradedable banner or tittle to raporters ( depend on scammer lvl)

from my wiev, players gotta warn with system mesages. if they are still scamming than there NO MERCY and NO SECOND CHANCE.

many ppl can complain about second chance. Just think about it how many clean player quited because of scammers? So there shouldnt a second chance of Scamm
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 09-05-2015 at 05:01 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomsChaos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

It just annoys the hell out of me when scammers are laughing and enjoying themselves while the ones being scammed are worried about how to make a comeback, or just sad that they cant and they are quitting the game..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

By this attitude imo sts is promoting the attitude of do not trus anyone and dont be generous and friendly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    By this attitude imo sts is promoting the attitude of do not trus anyone and dont be generous and friendly.
    sometimes i really feel that STS do not want to take any actions..and that its good for their buisness...people do become addicted to spending rl money and even though they are scammed, they still spend it. I bet alot of people think the same way and i beleive now is the time for STS to prove otherwise...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Why should they?
    When their the real ones scamming us from our real money as you've seen a scammer doesn't ban another scammer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    Why should they?
    When their the real ones scamming us from our real money as you've seen a scammer doesn't ban another scammer.
    The thing ur saying is just a joke between plat buyers..they arent scamming us..its the plat buyers choice if he wants to buy plat or.not...and we also know all about the luck factor when opening crates..so.dont blame STS on that..but STS needs to get rid.of these scammers who are ruining our gaming experiance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I hear people can reset their device id's? And you can hide your ip's.

These scammers also seem to delete and remake toons a lot, which is not a rename. It's a "new" name on a new account. To you, it might look the same but to the game program it's not "scammer". It's actually "scammer134812393048", etc.

Moreover, they like to try to imitate well-known people. So they create "famous1384132094812309" (exaggerated id for illustration purposes only) which looks a lot like "famous1384122094812309" (who is generally a well-known, trusted player or just a well-known player).

The scammer/s can probably make an infinite number of accounts. There are a few names they seem to re-use, but lots of them are throw-away names. They just make a new toon with new names which may or may not be similar to existing names.

Best a player can do really is be careful with any trading and giving.
    They can change, hide Ip but not the macadress at least not on mobile devices. That's why most serious gamestudio use the macadress ban method.

Ps: the macadress is the unique name of any device

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Even with proof we still investigate before we ban someone. The proof definitely helps, but we still need to verify the activity. So please do report these players when you see them.

The best thing you can do to combat scammers is to never give any items or gold to anyone you don't know. If you do feel you have to trade with someone you don't know, make sure you pay very close attention to what's being traded. Never ever give out your password either. Tell your friends to do the same. If someone is offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
    In my opinion (in MY opinion), it is stupid to investigate if there is a proof. When I got scammed during S5, i told you, about the scammer..."Ban him and his devices or he will keep scam", you just ignored me. Grats! He scammed over 50 players, made most of them quit and he still plays! (I have proofs because I've talked with him and he told it to me by himself). Scammers never have enough. Until they can scam (so until they aren't banned), thy will keep scam.

STS should really rework their "ban system". At least, give a 7 days ban to a scammer if a proof is given+a warning message on his "Date ban will be lifted: X Hours/Days".
    There are so many scammers who keep playing actually, why? Because you don't want to ban by error or the wrong person? Right. So, I agree with you, but do your job properly beause, when a much known player tells in his Line's guild chat that he got his account and devices banned and you give as reason that he scammed but he never scammed, you just ignore him and can't give a proof that he scammed. Rework this, give us a proof that players are banned because they scammed if they ask it!

Actually: Players are banned without any "consistent" reason and STS NEVER EVER gives proofs! Never! It is something you should really change.

Kilian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It is disheartening to report and see no action. I also don't understand why they can't discuss their 'investigation'. The evidence is usually there (depending on the scam).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post: