Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was I In The Wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    @ICantSpel - I saw your most recent post after I posted my latest comment. Generally, I would agree with you -- reporting people over something minor is generally over-kill and not worth the hassle (I've never reported anyone, BTW, and I've seen plenty of worthy comments while playing). This guy, though, went on... and on... and on... and ultimately made me look bad (making it personal) by convincing the host (so it would seem) to kick me from the group. He was way out of line. He also sent me PMs of a different nature which I won't elaborate on too much on the forums... The "Suck my ..." type. I'm not a little kid -- I can take it -- but he was way over the line and ultimately ruined my night. Maybe he shouldn't be banned, but he should know when he's over-stepping his boundaries -- I think. I haven't reported him yet, but I definitely will if he instigates an ugly situation again -- no sleep lost. I try and draw a line in the sand -- in my head -- and he was several hundred feet beyond it every time that I replay what happened. Someone should buy him a Snuggie and some Taco Bell.
    i wont report someone, ill just rush them in pvp because they suck hard, but if hes griefing you alot then by all means, uaneoratek is a tool and is on my jump list, thinks hes the best yet dies 7-0 then says he has 5000ping in the shower? what a fool
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Awesome, thanks, azulflame! I found "shootme" on the Android Market based on you recommendation -- it looks perfect. As you mentioned, though, it is telling me that I need root access to be able to use it. Unfortunately, I'm playing on a pre-production test device that I am not allowed to "alter" -- dang. Are there any other applications that you're aware of? Maybe this is a good catalyst for Spacetimestudios adding an in-game screenshot button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpel View Post
    i wont report someone, ill just rush them in pvp because they suck hard, but if hes griefing you alot then by all means, uaneoratek is a tool and is on my jump list, thinks hes the best yet dies 7-0 then says he has 5000ping in the shower? what a fool
    Aye, I plan on getting into the PvP scene once I hit 56 -- though I don't want to miss the "elite" window (but probably will anyways). I'm also a fairly new player (I think that I was about level 43 when the 56 cap came out), so I don't have the finances to back my desires -- PvP gear-wise. As a former Quake and R6 player, I definitely appreciate your approach in terms of tackling the situation. There's no better feeling than completely dominating the person that's griefing you (first-hand). If I can't do it, though, the next best thing is to get him OMGBBQPWNED by the powers that be. Again, I welcome this player's comments/feedback on the matter. My pen can be pretty sharp on occasion, though. I will send him a Snuggie if no one else will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    He also sent me PMs of a different nature which I won't elaborate on too much on the forums... The "Suck my ..." type. I'm not a little kid -- I can take it -- but he was way over the line and ultimately ruined my night. Maybe he shouldn't be banned, but he should know when he's over-stepping his boundaries -- I think. I haven't reported him yet, but I definitely will if he instigates an ugly situation again -- no sleep lost.
    I feel very strongly that you should send the archer's in-game name to support. Yes, you can take it, but he did not know that you weren't a kid. His behavior is not limited to you. Of that you can be certain. He needs to be shown that there are consequences to what he did. That behavior is not allowed. The devs do not want people like him playing this game. Please help keep the community clean. We need these people gone. Just because you or I can take it, that doesn't mean it is right to let him go on and ruin other peoples' games, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I fully agree with Snakespeare.

The dev team would be very grateful of a heads up on any offensive behaviour. Leave it to them to decide what action to take but give them the information to they need to make sure the next person's game isn't effected, or even worse..
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I agree w/ snakes as well. There are people who swear in PM and think they're good. They should be reported.

That said, I have not had a bad experience like this in a long time. I remember a couple times being sworn at a long time ago. What was weird is the other person would log. Maybe they couldn't get me booted I do remember once in awhile someone telling the host to boot me. Usually I'd ask the host if I'm supposed to leave and I always got told to stay. As I've said, there are nice people out there.

Anyways, play w/ others, make friends. You'll rarely get booted for stupid reasons. I think it's important to report/ignore/push questions at rude people. It improves not just your experience but others' experiences as well.

Once I got aggressive about ignoring and questioning people and making sure to friend the nice ones, most of my negative experiences went away. Actually, so far, all negative experiences, but of course, it only takes one rude person, so any day now, I'm due

Amazingly, my ignore list is not that long and I don't even report that many people. Maybe all the bad ones are already on the list

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Point taken, guys - thanks for helping me think beyond myself. I can definitely see where this behavior would/could affect the younger player base (which I didn't take into consideration). I am a firm believer in second chances (for better or for worse), so I'll keep him on my radar. Should I catch wind that he is causing problems again, though, I'll spare no time in reporting him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

If you ever need another mage add me I am on often and daily. I don't ask for equipment or goods just teamwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya, what Snake sez. People act this way because they haven't been called on it yet.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino