Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Serious Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default A Very Serious Question

So, I was running the castle on my 55 Mage and lower levels naturally start to join. No problem. But then, when I'm going to one room, some run off to another. Again, no problem, I mean it's not like I'm getting XP or anything. My issue is when they die or their health gets real low.

So my question is this: why, when you see a level 55 in a level 20 campaign would you run off to fight enemies by yourself instead of staying with the level 55 who can kill said enemies in two seconds?

I mean, I can't die, you can. Why would you do that? And as an added bonus you miss all the wonderful XP I could have gotten you.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

shows real newby-ness. best thing to do: tell them exactly that and they will learn teamplay.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    shows real newby-ness. best thing to do: tell them exactly that and they will learn teamplay.
    Yeah, but u would think with them being 17 and higher they would know. I mean, when I first started as a new character I sure did stay with the most people I could find. I actually cared about my death count then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

tbh since now all the content (main) is free, players dont have to invest themselves in the game like that. they dont feel like thinking... i wouldnt be surprised to see lv35 people doing this now.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The more you play the game the more you learn how to work as a team. Probably just some newer players you were playing with.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe they are questing? I know ive split from an XP friendly pack before to get something done... I mean I know the group will probably get around to it but sometimes it just saves time. or maybe its the fun of doing a couple rooms themselves rather than watch you plink away enemies like nothing... but with the added safety of knowing your there if they need to get bailed out and come running with bosses in pursuit. haha.
    30 Bird (Lukecraw)
    20 Bear (Lukecra)
    11 Pally (Lukecrah)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lukecraw View Post
    Maybe they are questing? I know ive split from an XP friendly pack before to get something done... I mean I know the group will probably get around to it but sometimes it just saves time. or maybe its the fun of doing a couple rooms themselves rather than watch you plink away enemies like nothing... but with the added safety of knowing your there if they need to get bailed out and come running with bosses in pursuit. haha.
    I'm pretty sure they weren't doing quests. Their health would start to get low and then they would come running back with a pack following them.

And I hope they get rid of that new player smell soon. I know a bunch of others who aren't so tolerant of lone cowboy types.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I find this happens alot in forest haven. I simply type "Lets stick together". Some of the newer players may not know yet the benefits of teamwork. Most of the time it helps and occasionally I will get a thanks. You would think that by lvl 20 they would know but, i did not know til about lvl 15 i could join games so you never know how much experience others have at that lvl.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

LOL. I knew it before I started this game, but yeah, I've seen this. Just tell them or let them run back and help. I've had some who suddenly discover following the high level is beneficial. I've also had some tell me the high levels don't want them to follow, so maybe they were just asking you to tell them.

When anyone joins, even if I'm near the end, I tell them to come and then I wait so we can all finish together.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been completing quests and doing a bit of levelling as I go along with my bird and I must say the amount of noobiness among level 30+ players is astonishing. I actually sat and watched a level 30 mage use countless HP pots trying to tank skeller crunch while a mid 20's bear ran off killing random mobs in another room. My bird was about level 20 at the time and I couldn't believe my eyes.

The game is much more fun when you use tactics and think about what you are doing, but each to their own. It's a game... if they are having fun, I say let them be. It aint doing anyone any harm. If I'm in the mood then I will give them advice, but most of the time I just leave them to it lol
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

This people are The people who don't know how to
    Fight BS bosses...
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leiver View Post
    I've been completing quests and doing a bit of levelling as I go along with my bird and I must say the amount of noobiness among level 30+ players is astonishing. I actually sat and watched a level 30 mage use countless HP pots trying to tank skeller crunch while a mid 20's bear ran off killing random mobs in another room. My bird was about level 20 at the time and I couldn't believe my eyes.
    Uhhh...wow...that is surely something interesting. If I saw that then I probably would have had to leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Completely agree in most cases it's probably noob behavior but one thought on the other side from my observations when leveling my archer alt these past few weeks. Especially early on, I often jumped on said 50+ farmer maps to get max XP but I will say it's not a lot of fun for those of us who enjoy using combos, etc. With a high level mage or archer, I would be hitting normal attack and getting one special skill in before AOE killed the whole group. Great XP and for an alt I was cool with a bit of powerleveling but I think it's the same reason I don't play shoot em ups in easy mode, just lacks any real challenge or fun after a few minutes.

Also, especially during the levels where I was gaining new skills and learning how to play right (thanks Physiologic!), I had to make the decision to stop XP leaching for a while to make sure that I was able to learn how to stay alive on my own using combos, debuffs, kiteing, etc.

On a tangent, I will say I shudder for the next gen of warriors though on my way back up to the 50s, I've never seen so many who think beckon + stomp in the middle of a room is a reasonable tactic for team play...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lucance View Post
    Completely agree in most cases it's probably noob behavior but one thought on the other side from my observations when leveling my archer alt these past few weeks. Especially early on, I often jumped on said 50+ farmer maps to get max XP but I will say it's not a lot of fun for those of us who enjoy using combos, etc. With a high level mage or archer, I would be hitting normal attack and getting one special skill in before AOE killed the whole group. Great XP and for an alt I was cool with a bit of powerleveling but I think it's the same reason I don't play shoot em ups in easy mode, just lacks any real challenge or fun after a few minutes.

Also, especially during the levels where I was gaining new skills and learning how to play right (thanks Physiologic!), I had to make the decision to stop XP leaching for a while to make sure that I was able to learn how to stay alive on my own using combos, debuffs, kiteing, etc.

On a tangent, I will say I shudder for the next gen of warriors though on my way back up to the 50s, I've never seen so many who think beckon + stomp in the middle of a room is a reasonable tactic for team play...
    I host the games so that if anyone has a problem with me killing everything they can just leave. But I hear you when u say it gets boring. Before I would only join the higher levels when I wanted to hit a certain level and do minimal work (if they were okay with it). Otherwise I would join a group of similar levels and farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From personal experience I sometimes like to play through by myself or with people of my level.

Not everyone is in a big rush to get to level 56 and it can get quite boring just trailing behind as someone else mops up the enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoQueen View Post
    So, I was running the castle on my 55 Mage and lower levels naturally start to join. No problem. But then, when I'm going to one room, some run off to another. Again, no problem, I mean it's not like I'm getting XP or anything. My issue is when they die or their health gets real low.

So my question is this: why, when you see a level 55 in a level 20 campaign would you run off to fight enemies by yourself instead of staying with the level 55 who can kill said enemies in two seconds?

I mean, I can't die, you can. Why would you do that? And as an added bonus you miss all the wonderful XP I could have gotten you.

Some low lvl people do that, for me i would be letting you kill everything and giving you all the drops just for doing it. maybe sometime i can run around with you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I host the games so that if anyone has a problem with me killing everything they can just leave. But I hear you when u say it gets boring. Before I would only join the higher levels when I wanted to hit a certain level and do minimal work (if they were okay with it). Otherwise I would join a group of similar levels and farm.
    Oh no, didn't intend to fault you at all on this. I was fully aware I was joining a lvl 20 map with someone who could destroy it, if anything I had to wean myself off the easy route and put in some work to make sure I didn't suck later on lol

Just wanted to let you know in case I was one of those newbs that it was nothing personal, you were just too good ;-)
    Last edited by Lucance; 05-11-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@ lucance...I wasn't trying to be defensive. That's just the way I see it. If I join someone's game and they have a problem with me killing everything than I would leave if they asked me. By hosting my own games I avoid that issue.

@dorkasaurus...maybe so. Sometimes I just like to beast the lower levels and make myself feel good...lol

Funny story today though. Was in the Hideout and four of us continued on past the second left, like you normally do. One player went to that area though and died. He respawned, cuz we were pretty far, then went right back and died again. They ended up leaving but I really had to laugh at that. Kinda the same situation with breaking from the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I created a mage to play around with I have seen noobness to the maximum. One Guy today ran ahead to the boss and died and wanted a revive. When we finally got there he was surrounded by mobs. We cleared it except the boss. I tried to revive him 4 times he finally left. Did he know what click on to revive makes me wonder. Too many players have no clue. These were 25-26 lvl players. You would think they learned something by that level. Btw- I lvld to 26 in 2 days playing a just a few hours a day. Why do people need power leveled?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, but u would think with them being 17 and higher they would know. I mean, when I first started as a new character I sure did stay with the most people I could find. I actually cared about my death count then.
    You'd think. And yet the #1 piece of advice I find myself giving to characters of all levels is STAY WITH THE GROUP!
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy