Thread: Elite Loot Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Elite Loot Suggestion

Last season, there was an uproar from certain people who did 1000 arena runs and got no recipes or fossils. They suggested in a thread to be rewarded for the effort, not luck. I believe that has led us to the orc tags.

I want to suggest additing some better luck based items to elite farming. People inherently like the thrill of winning the lottery. It is fun to run a map over and over until looting something big. Now the arena was a bit too extreme but perhaps something like elite Caves of Tarewa. Add some elite chests, some new eggs and some new weapons that are good to the loot table for rengol.

Right now there's no farming and pve is dead. People log on, do their daily quests, then they're done for the day. Just a thought to bring back pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Perfect is when you have both aspects of the game. The dailies are good, but also need something luck based as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

That's why elites are "somehow" boring. A good item with a low drop rate is much changeling than doing dailies, a legendary weapon for example.

I remember when we were hunting Krunch to loot that legendary weapon for mage who worth like 2m+ back at level 31 cap. That was fun ! I never looted one but if you are eliminating the gamble from pve you are not different than a robot following a daily scheduel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Save the low drop rates for the legendary weapons/gear. It's fine and all if that's the case when hunting one piece of gear but it's flat out irritating when trying to loot 100 of something with luck rerolls not affecting it (insignias).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pompous View Post
    Last season, there was an uproar from certain people who did 1000 arena runs and got no recipes or fossils. They suggested in a thread to be rewarded for the effort, not luck. I believe that has led us to the orc tags.

I want to suggest additing some better luck based items to elite farming. People inherently like the thrill of winning the lottery. It is fun to run a map over and over until looting something big. Now the arena was a bit too extreme but perhaps something like elite Caves of Tarewa. Add some elite chests, some new eggs and some new weapons that are good to the loot table for rengol.

Right now there's no farming and pve is dead. People log on, do their daily quests, then they're done for the day. Just a thought to bring back pve
    I did almost 3000 runs before they put on the double odds weekend and I finally saw a fossil drop. Orc tags are limited to dailies - that doesn't encourage people to play. Log on - do 3 runs - log off. The reward for the repeatable one is way too much work for way too little reward.

The main problem is still the "itemization plan". It's a fail. It was a fail in season 6 and it is still a fail. I don't know when STS will wake up and realize that people want and expect that gear each season will have higher stats than the season before. It's just numbers - make the mobs equally harder - but at least give us the impression we're earning something better. Nobody in their right mind will play for gear that is worse than what they used 5 levels ago.
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

+1
    I spam opened 115 arena master chests a couple of weeks ago & got only 4 vials:/
    So i later decided to spam open more & today reached 300 chests.
    As the reinforced gems have been removed from master chests the only good odds are just vials & fossil now so it would be a great idea if they increase the rewards in the loot from chests & certain elite maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Save the low drop rates for the legendary weapons/gear. It's fine and all if that's the case when hunting one piece of gear but it's flat out irritating when trying to loot 100 of something with luck rerolls not affecting it (insignias).
    Agreed. This would be supplementary to the current loot. I was thinking they could add a new pet. Perhaps a pet that grants stun immunity so that people who cannot afford Nekro can run Rengol stun free. I was also thinking they could add new chests that contained 10 or 20 orc tag part of the loot. New legendary weapons staff, daggers, sword would be cool too. Of course, the odds of looting these items would be less common than looting an insignia but it would sure spice things up for the pve players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

The mythics should quite clearly be an improvement over previous gear. Not as massive a gap as previously seen but still an improvement worth working for... especially since whatever improved stats are added, ANYONE can get them. This is in stark contrast to having a mega OP leap in stats on items obtained only by popping crates.

If the dailies and tags are for the mythic gear, so that the best gear is a gradual but guaranteed grind rather than luck of the draw, eggs could still be added to the elite maps for the amazing loot feel factor.

Egg farming used to be a huge part of this game, with a couple of bosses in each campaign either elite or normal dropping an egg of some sort. In some cases the normal version of the map can drop one egg from the boss, while the elite version drops another (elite rooks nest for example.) Even Shuyal and Tindirin has at least one egg drop each.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 09-11-2015 at 09:38 PM.