Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Duplicate scam is still around

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Duplicate scam is still around

If you think Arlor is safe from this kind of scam simply because the fake klass acct has been banned..think again. I was PMed earlier by a person and talked to me in my native language (I'm a Filipina by the way). At first he was asking me if I was interested to buy an arcane ring with para or a frost bow with full eye. I said no and that's when he started to talk about how he got it thru the duplication bug. He even told me only a few players know about this and that I should keep this a secret (I mean c'mon, do you really think you can keep it a secret in Arlor if this is true? I doubt that). He also said that this bug can only be done once per account and it can only duplicate items like arcane ring, mythic weapons, nekro..basically the good stuff. This is where our conversation ended because I told him that all I wanted to duplicate was deary egg (who knows, it can be an ingredient for arcane deary someday).

The point of this post is to remind everyone to BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH TRUSTING ANYONE ONLINE unless you know them personally and knows where they live. I've even heard of stories about people who was scammed by their online "friends". These people will try to earn your trust and in my case, he tried to win me over by letting me know that we were from the same country. They will even manipulate your hunger to earn more gold. If anyone is offering you a way to earn gold the easy way by cheating, just don't do it! If this were true, using a bug to duplicate your items is a way of cheating and it's against the terms and conditions of STS. Remember, cheaters never win.

That's it, sorry for this long post..I was just a little pissed and wanted to rant this out lol!
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-13-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I've been through this scam recently in which i lost my arcane ring & fossil. In fact i thought it could be done & didnt realize it as a scam when the player said to me " Even many top players do it to earn gold so, u dont need to be afraid of getting banned. "
    I really was greedy when he said that n didnt realize i was about to become an victim of a scam & i started playing this game from 05/04/2015 i have learnt or know only 50% of the game still.
    Most frustrating fact is that the player who made a duplicate scam to me was on LB[Top Players] & still is, its against the TOS to mention the name of a player in forum i cant say it but his/her class is rogue.

mesalin

Grrrrrr! Scammers still scam! And i know that lb players don't scam. Just scammers use names that sounds and look like lb names. Lets say player with nick Nwm is lb player. Scammer try copy his name ( example nvvm) sometimes hard to see its different. Be careful!

#CatchAllScammers !
    #BanScammers !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Same happend to me. REDACTED is pretty famous and he was trying the same. Told me he cloned his para gun and when i asked if i should make screen when he tries to scamm he said i mean an other "duplicate bug". I hate this kind of ppl.
    IGN: //Smokiii //Bigbudganja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Im pretty sure REDACTED is not a scammer
    U should check the spelling of player they like to copy famous ppl with similar name

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sevenpain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mesalin View Post
    Grrrrrr! Scammers still scam! And i know that lb players don't scam. Just scammers use names that sounds and look like lb names. Lets say player with nick Nwm is lb player. Scammer try copy his name ( example nvvm) sometimes hard to see its different. Be careful!

#CatchAllScammers !
    #BanScammers !
    "Overcrown" is it duplicate name ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sevenpain View Post
    Im pretty sure is not a scammer
    U should check the spelling of player they like to copy famous ppl with similar name
    I'm pretty sure it was him... I wondered too.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-13-2015 at 02:09 PM.

mesalin

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post
    "Overcrown" is it duplicate name ??
    Maybe ... Just look good at letters
    Most of players use double v ( vv ) instead of w. Overcrown / Ovvercrown in game it look nearly same. Just example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Do you have any SS of this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fact;- both name their is not the REDACTED
    Fact;- ******* is an Aussie and only speaks english.
    Fact;- You kids are greedy and got scammed because of your own stupidity
    Im *********, and im not a scammer, all those who know me know that i dont need to scam and that i wouldnt go to any lengths to pull off a scam, so please before you drag my name through the dirt because of your own greed take a moment to think.
    Please send Screenshot of "*********" if you cant provide that then i ask that a Mod shut down this post as it just dragging ones name through the dirt. many top players can vouch that i dont scam, this game isnt the original Diablo YOU CAN NOT DUPLICATE ITEMS GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS PEOPLE
    LESSON OF THE DAY;- IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT PROBLEY IS!!!
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-13-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: addition info

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior_NOT_MEDIC For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Smokiii View Post
    Same happend to me. ******** is pretty famous and he was trying the same. Told me he cloned his para gun and when i asked if i should make screen when he tries to scamm he said i mean an other "duplicate bug". I hate this kind of ppl.
    yes because a tank needs to clone a para elon gun coz i have so much use for it........ *double face palm* stop dragging my name through the dirt unless you got proof!!!!
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-13-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If u blvd dat ur dumb...
    Well I know ******* Much better Dan u....and he's not a scammer for sure!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabeer Amin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Look at the OP.

As someone has mentioned, scammers often try to copy the names of well known players for this purpose. The original post has quoted a name which is very similar to the name "cracknwhips" but is just one letter difference.... so similar that many people posting here haven't even noticed this and are assuming it is the wrong person.

It just goes to show how easy it is to read a name quickly and just see the name that your brain already know exists. Yes, people who get scammed could easily have avoided it by not trying to cheat... but that is another story. Scammers prey on the weak and susceptible player, often young players, who look up to the "big" names imitated by the scammer.

Crackn... it's a compliment that the scammer sees you as a big enough and trustworthy enough player that he would copy your name, but at the same time it is THAT person who is causing you problems, not the people he has contacted and tried to scam. All that is happening here is exactly what the scammer plans.... that people don't pay enough attention to notice the different spelling in the name and really do think it is you... that is what makes his scam so successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Maybe STS should add a new message to the title and menu screen along with the other "tips" which says:

It is NOT POSSIBLE to duplicate items in this game. Be careful of scams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lawl no i didnt took screenshots bc he couldnt scam me so i didnt need... He told me on english he has a full para gun to buy and he said he can make it cheap bc he duplicated it.. He asked me if i did the "duplicate bug" with my weapon. I said no its a scam and i asked to take ss but then he went up and said i mean a different bug. Lol
    I hate those guys and i just can say again im sure it was *********.. I didnt message him. He must have seen me in Camp.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

They are ussing lb players names now days
    A guy pmed me for ring+ bone saw full para for 5 m he told me that he is selling in 5m cause its duplicate bug
    That nab have smiller name to a lb player with 2 v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Yes this needs to be fixed ASAP! Someone named "****** scammed a guildie thinking it was me. STS this is pretty problematic cause we can be framed under false pretense.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 09-13-2015 at 02:11 PM.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Roninmoro

Guys, this is exactly the reason why we do not allow you to post about specific scams or call out specific players in the forums.
    I have edited all of your comments to remove all names. If you have an issue with a scammer, you will need to email support.
    This thread is now closed.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roninmoro For This Useful Post: