Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir Changes Coming in Version 1.7.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ONEQUICKNINJA View Post
    I was wondering that too, will we be able to stack up on elixirs????
    I don't think we can stack elixirs or we can lvl up in a few runs Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Much better then old system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the new gold / platinum layout however i do think the 30 min pots are a little on the high side for platinum. 40 is a little to much to spend for 30 min of buffs. 25 platinum seems more reasonable for the 3x.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Overall looks really good. I would suggest that all the plat 5 minute elixirs be switched to 10 minutes as an extra incentive to use over the gold ones.

Also, the last two seem too expensive. I would much rather spend 30 plat for 2x XP for 90 minutes then 30 plat for 3x XP for 30 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We want to give everyone advance notice that Elixirs will be upgraded significantly in the next client update of Pocket Legends, version 1.7.2. We have heard a lot of great feedback about Elixirs recently and are acting to improve them significantly.

In Version 1.7.2

• Elixirs available to buy for Gold.
    • Elixir buffs will persist after death or changing regions.
    • Improved Elixir management.

After you purchase an Elixir, you will find a new button on your character screen called “Elixir Buffs”. Tap on the “Elixir Buffs” button and you will be able to see how much time is remaining on your current Elixir.

Elixir buffs do not work in PvP.

The Elixir timer is a real world countdown. The counter is running all the time. For example, if you purchase a 30 minute Elixir and then go right into a PvP match (where the Elixir won’t affect you) that takes 10 minutes, when you finish PvPing, you will have 20 minutes of Elixir buff remaining.

There are 3 main categories of Elixirs that will be available for purchase in Version 1.7.2.

• 1.5x effects – purchasable for Gold. 5 minute duration
    • 2.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration
    • 3.0x effects – purchasable for Platinum. 5 & 30 minute duration

Within each of the above categories there are different Elixir effects.

• Damage increase
    • Armor increase
    • Experience increase
    • Combination of Damage, Armor, Experience increase + run speed and luck bonus.

Here is the complete breakdown of Elixirs in 1.7.2:

We'll have more information about 1.7.2, including when it will be submitted and when we could expect to see it live, in the near future.

We look forward to your feedback about this new system.
    lol i wanna see how the 40 plat elixir works. Maybe like WTF and u pown them like mage kills boss himself.
    Mathuyama lvl 50 war,deleted;Cubikon lvl 50 archer;Noobjaeger level 50 mage, deleted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great i am looking forward to the update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Great! Question: Will those who bought for old plat prices get any refund? Just curious Ty Sam and devs!
    I think those were 2X elixirs, which are still plat. The 1.5X elixirs are new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    What about Android? Why only mention that it is making it's way through Apple's approval? No info for the Android players, or is there no delay from Google?
    Andriod apps don't have an "approval process". Take that as a positive or a negative at your discretion -- there are clearly pros and cons to either the android or iPhone app model. So the "long pole" in new releases is the Apple approval process, as both types of device will have new versions released at the same time.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

G or Sam,

Has anyone given any thought to the economical side of the Market and what this may do for prices in CS? Heck, for those where PLAT isn't a problem, would it be fair to say those who purchase the plat 16/10/40 options will and could potentially drive market? Bringing back the elixirs is great! Introducing the PLAT model makes great business sense, however just curious if there is a message here
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

So, the cost of the combo elixir is $5/hour or 84Kg/hour. And, the XP elixir is $4/hour or 24Kg/hour. Too expensive for me.

I suppose i can do the Hardcore Trash Can Punch for 6 plat during a sewer boss kill. It's only 37 cents.

The last time I did a sewer boss, we kept failing until we bought elixirs (due to the boss regen rate). It makes me think that the pricing model, indirectly, is to charge money to kill bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yaaaay! has 1.7.2 been submitted to apple yet or are u adding more stuff?

IGN (Apocolypze lvl 61 Warrior)(Lvlonewarrior lvl 1 Warrior)(Twinkenstein lvl 10 Dexbear)(Cthulusleeps lvl 17 Dexbear)(Wintertide lvl 26 Mage)(Derpfest lvl 30 Dexbear)(Dodgeyfeet lvl 10 Merchant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    The last time I did a sewer boss, we kept failing until we bought elixirs (due to the boss regen rate). It makes me think that the pricing model, indirectly, is to charge money to kill bosses.
    You don't need elixirs to kill the bosses. You never had to at 50 even. Your group just needed to know the strategy to beating the bosses.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    G or Sam,

Has anyone given any thought to the economical side of the Market and what this may do for prices in CS?
    Do notice that when elixirs went plat-only, most people began collecting gold with nothing really to spend it on but items in CS and the occasional hp/mana potion purchase. As a result, prices for a lot of things went up quite a bit. With the re-introduction of elixirs for gold, you can expect prices for the popular items to lower just a bit as well.

Most of the high priced pink items are hard enough to loot where even if someone was using 40 plat elixirs all the time, they wouldn't necessarily loot pinks that much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Do notice that when elixirs went plat-only, most people began collecting gold with nothing really to spend it on but items in CS and the occasional hp/mana potion purchase. As a result, prices for a lot of things went up quite a bit. With the re-introduction of elixirs for gold, you can expect prices for the popular items to lower just a bit as well.
    I was running repeated Keeper runs as fast as possible to earn gold. A fellow player 'friend' that was hunting with me started the following conversation:

friend> Can I have some gold?
    me> You are doing Keeper runs just like me, so u should have gold
    friend> I'm always broke because I keep buying potions
    me> Then stop buying them
    friend> I want to level faster
    me> I'm the same level as you, and i never used one potion
    friend> Please, can i have some gold?

I predict a lot of poor players that wonder why they never have any gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    I was running repeated Keeper runs as fast as possible to earn gold. A fellow player 'friend' that was hunting with me started the following conversation:

friend> Can I have some gold?
    me> You are doing Keeper runs just like me, so u should have gold
    friend> I'm always broke because I keep buying potions
    me> Then stop buying them
    friend> I want to level faster
    me> I'm the same level as you, and i never used one potion
    friend> Please, can i have some gold?

I predict a lot of poor players that wonder why they never have any gold.
    I've noticed a TON of beggars recently. We'll see tons of them when this change goes through I'm sure.

I'm excited about it cause now I can reward myself with a potion every once in a while.

Btw, I'd dump the "friend" if they kept that up. Annoying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks, I'll amend the post for clarity.

Apple iOS and Android are updated at the same time so everyone is playing on the same version of the client.
    And
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Andriod apps don't have an "approval process". Take that as a positive or a negative at your discretion -- there are clearly pros and cons to either the android or iPhone app model. So the "long pole" in new releases is the Apple approval process, as both types of device will have new versions released at the same time.
    Awesome, I helped. You're welcome.

Thank you. Ah I see. So basically it depends on who's slower, which sounds like Apple is. When Apple approves, the Android version goes up too. Think I get it guys.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-10-2011 at 11:06 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

1.5x? Yay... I'd rather have gold elixirs than the main spine free.
    Last edited by Slush; 05-10-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

40 platinum is it really worth spending just for the 3x potions?

IMHO, 40 plat for elixir is only worth it if youre leveling up.. its not worth it for boosting kills bec wen u level on balefort hideout (1st dungeon) - you will only get 30-40 kills per run. Its impossible if you want to improve your k/d ratio (when ur lvl 53 and up) and for armor.. I dnt think we need 3x armor when farming gold fever and etc because they are very easy now to kill. What do you guys think?
    PL: Anglfyr - Lvl66 [Enchantress]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im just happy that Devs have heard what the players have said and given some elixers back to gold. I never used the higher price ones myself, so to me this is awsome. Thank you Spacetime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awwww man I wish we could all get a "test drive" of the wicked dumpster punch...that woulds be the insane trash can punch wouldn't it...well what I ment is I would love to try it but that is too steep for me . Also is there any way to just buy speed or luck? Without the whole package I mean?