i was wondering if anyone could give me a general pro con list of the two, since i'm trying to decide which i want for my dexbear. thanks all help is appreciated
- Superior range
- Superior weapons damage output
- Superior skill damage
- Superior damage per hit
- Superior armor
- Depending on the set, higher health/mana regen
- Depending on the set, superior other bonuses, such as crit% and dodge% (because there are now 4 pieces rather than 3)
- Talons are also faster weapons
There really is no best choice. It depends on your playstyle and the situation.
For my dex bear, I use the talon and wing setup when tanking. Then I switch to recurve at the boss for additional damage.
If you don't mind using too many pots each game, you could just use recurve the whole time, makes runs a lot faster.
CryoBlade - Level 56 DEX Bear
Slicez - Level 55 STR/INT Mage
CryoBow - Level 55 Pure DEX Bird
The answer is both, assuming we are talking about running all the sewers maps.
1. King & Queen
2. Trash Heap
Talon + Wing:
1. Stronghold (I actually use STR or INT set)
2. Catacombs (I actually use STR or INT set)
3. Swill Pits
1. Gold Fever (Its a pain tanking GF in recurve. Gotta pot spam, and if you lag during fever + he hits you, easy to die)
2. King in Swill (You can do it in recurve also, but again, pot spam. and its just annoying. Usually there is more than enough dps to take down King without needing anymore from the bear tank, so I just go talon, or if i'm lazy, stay in STR/INT gear)
I'm not sure about taking on King in Swill with the talon is advisable. The totem has a limited time frame and you want it blown up as fast as possible. You could find yourself with a bunch of bears and pallies, in which case as a bird, you want maximum DPS.
I could see arguments in favour of GF, although if you are on a good connection, use recurve. Burning pots is part of being an archer and the sooner GF dies, the lower the chances of a fever spread. Even with talon, you'll likely die if someone steps beside you when you ahve the fever.
Actually, this is for his dexbear. He will be tanking in the dex gear, as many end game bears do. I know it's weird that this is in the bird section of the forum.
If we are talking bird, I'd say use recurve for everything including all bosses, except for catacomb, and stronghold if you are doing a roundup. Birds should be focusing on dps.
does anybody know what dex weapon has the highest dps? No dual wields please
ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
My Guess: 177
You could go with a Drainer's recurve. It has a nice armor/dodge boost along with decent damage. You'll just have to find a way to add crit with your other gear.
Right now I'm using a 51 (soon replaced with 53) drainers recurve with Sent. armor and helm at lvl 52. Nice balanced stats, with 90 armor unbuffed (99 with vanity helm and armor ring.) I might change it up at 55/56, but it's doing me just fine right now.
Last edited by Raulur; 05-18-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Forgot about ring
Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member