Thread: Ability to equip Loadouts without enough stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ability to equip Loadouts without enough stats

First of all, background info, I am a dual lvl 55 pally with 139 strength and 139 intelligence.

In order to be able to switch to my high level gear (as a relavent example: Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl, Mega Mages Gem Star wand, Mega Mages gemstone robes, and Mastermind's Gemstone Bracer) I need to equip low-level gear (Dreamer's Khafra Helm, Dreamer's Dark Wand, Khafra Cloth of Mastery, and Cyber Doll of the Cosmos).

Im not sure if loadouts change gear one at a time or as a group but I can switch from nothing to my low level gear, in which the Cyber Doll requires 154 Int to equip on its own. With this my Int is 171.

This brings my to my concern.

Mega Mage's Gemstone Cowl need 173 int, Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand need 173, and the Robe and Bracer both require a minimum of 173 as well. Yet I, with my 171 Intelligence can change my loadout to use my High-level gear that requires just one more Int then I actually have.

Developers, you deliberately made it so we could not use the loadouts to equip a set even if we would have more then enough stats once we had the set equipped.

I may have severely misunderstood the loadouts; If so, please enlighten me. Otherwise, I wish you luck solving this issue.
    You'll find me in-game on these two

>>>LVL 10 Ahelper<<<
    >LVL 65 Zeusofire<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Yes, there is a glitch. as long as the int that the gear will add is enough to reach the stat req, it works. Eg.

85 dex. requires 92 to equip. I can either

a) use a booster to get it to 92, then wear it.
    or
    b) have it saved in my loadouts, and it won't need a booster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I don't use loadouts, I dont even dual spec lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The way to seems to work is that it counts the stat bonus from the item before the requirement. So if your helm loadout is +8, but you end helm is +12, you almost have 4 more.

Also, what is the order of item equipping in loadouts? I know the helm is first. Maybe the weapon is second, etc...

Edit: why fix it exactly? It promotes a feature that makes the game that much more diverse and fascinating.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    The way to seems to work is that it counts the stat bonus from the item before the requirement. So if your helm loadout is +8, but you end helm is +12, you almost have 4 more.

Also, what is the order of item equipping in loadouts? I know the helm is first. Maybe the weapon is second, etc...

Edit: why fix it exactly? It promotes a feature that makes the game that much more diverse and fascinating.
    Pretty sure the order is still Helm-Weapon-Armour-Shield. Explains why I need to use lower level helm/swords and jump to a higher armour/shield.

And yeah, nothing much to fix really, it actually makes dual specing more interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I have not tried it myself with loadouts, but I know that even if you don't really have age stats for it, as long as the stats you gain from the higher level item are more or the same as from the "booster" item, it will not unequip because while wearing the item your total stats WITH it are enough for it's requirement as long as you don't take it off.

Now equipping items from a saved loadout that you clearly don't have all the stats for but did at some point, I'm not sure but it hasn't been taken out for a long time. I'm pretty sure the devs are leaving this in as a feature. It's been in for a while from what I've been reading. IMO, just don't do it. Make sure your booster loadout that you can equip gives you 173 then switch to the one that accounts for it's own stats. That's the way I had dual build explained to me and I don't see anything wrong with wearing an item your final stats allow you to wear. If it's true you can equip any loadout you had previously saved, then a Dex Mage can wear an old saved Int loadout, which might be bordering on an exploit. Is it really illegal though?

It's probably the same as jumpshooting Archers in Maplestory: Unintended, but left in because people got used to having it and it became accepted.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-13-2011 at 02:39 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange