Thread: My leveling way

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Lightbulb My leveling way

I noticed that a lot of people have posted that to level up, you should be tagging along with higher leveled groups on AO. Now that there is a level requirement, people are forced to level up the "right way"
    So, I experimented some and found a way to level up efficiently while learning to play as a class better.
    So first let me say that it is possible to entirely skip an area so if you dont like an area you can level around it but it is a bit harder. Personally, I dont like to play in the Swamps so here is what i did.

Forest haven:1-8
    Dark Forest:8-13
    Balefort Castle:13-18
    Fathom Crypt:18-28
    Lost Expedition:28-33
    Swamps:33-33
    AO:33-...

I did not finish this because I deleted my experimenting person to start over.

Well, for FH do quests such as Dead Threads and other Crafting quests because then you have something else to work at other than a level 56. Start Dark Forest early because there are many people who allow you to tag along if you are fighting and/or healing the group. If you decide to just tag along and not fight, you may get booted and it gives people a reason to call you "loser." Also, you can kill enemies faster even if you are only dishing out 15 damage every 5 seconds. Same thing with Balefort. If you start it early and take quests, you can easily level up with people. And you wont be dealing a few damage points every 5 seconds. By now you should be able to make a significant difference in the enemy killing times. As for Fathom Crypt, I love this area because of the Secret Passage. This is a place where you can loot some money and level up quickly. I spent the most time in this area because of the SP. There are many respawning enemies and respawning bosses that you can take on with other levelers or looters. Lost Expedition should be easy to get by on because the quests give you some frosty rewards that you can use. This is the part where I skipped an area. Because you can start a level 2 levels earlier than the level range said on the map and stop gaining xp 3 levels after the level range said on map, you can completely skip an area.

So,
    FH:1-10
    Dark Forest:10-15
    Balefort Castle:15-20

You can comepletely skip Dark Forest if you choose so because you stop getting xp from FH at level 13 and at 13 you can enter Balefort. NOTE: I do not recommend skipping Dark Forest because it is easy xp with a small group and at Balefort, you are fighting harder knights and more mages/rangers.
    That is the end of my leveling guide for now

As I continue progress through leveling, i will update this and I hope it helps!
    You can add me [platycow]
    I might delete my character often so if I disappear from friends list, just re-add me with the same name!
    Last edited by Register; 05-14-2011 at 07:14 PM.