Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: STS inadvertently causing ingame 'Classism' in PVE and

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    Laughably, i'm a warrior, very OP with Arcane Maul, best gear Arcane ring, Toor....

Twice yesterday, separate times, rogues came in to KM3, literally said in the chat, "Noob War, no TX." and left. 2 different rogues. Ridiculous.

A top geared warrior, called a noob, and ditched in KM3 for energy/locked farming. W.T.F.?....

Attachment 142565
    You are not OP. Good stats though. That arcane maul damage is fake. It's not real. It's on par with lvl 41 magma sword.
    But don't know why rogues acted like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

It's just a game lets take it easy...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    You are not OP. Good stats though. That arcane maul damage is fake. It's not real. It's on par with lvl 41 magma sword.
    But don't know why rogues acted like that
    It's not fake at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

56 days... No relevant response or a tuon taken by sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I think adding a weapon with a taunt proc was a response(a subtle one but still a response!), looking forward to more mythic weapons to make the elephants of Arlor better equipped with new trunks and tusks!
    I agree with new mythic aegis addressing some issues. Proc OP compared to weapons in the past. Now we need hp/armor because of aggro. I'm burning pots at a whole new level. HoR shield increase would fix pot spamming I have to do while wiping out elite mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    I agree with new mythic aegis addressing some issues. Proc OP compared to weapons in the past. Now we need hp/armor because of aggro. I'm burning pots at a whole new level. HoR shield increase would fix pot spamming I have to do while wiping out elite mobs.
    This but instead of a HoR shield increase, I think a little more hp and armor with a straight up dmg reduction passive for tanks in pve would be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I think adding a weapon with a taunt proc was a response(a subtle one but still a response!), looking forward to more mythic weapons to make the elephants of Arlor better equipped with new trunks and tusks!
    I appreciate the optimism, i really do.
    Sublte a response ... Maybe but in the end whats the point of taunting when it will be immediately over written by high damage output of other classes.
    When you look the at over all picture of the degeneration of the warrior class in PVE it is never due to one aspect, it is a cummulation of multiple neglected aspects related to skill inefficiency, HP and armor inefficiency, and gear inefficiency.

At the end of the day classim for warriors is brought about by a warrior toon slowing down farm runs.

If you do the math, a luck elix will grant 30mins, for an all rogue/mage party that can run km3 between 55sec to 1min10 sec that singe luck elix gives u 27-30 runs. When a warrior is added to the party that run time moves to 1min 38sec to 2min per run at best you are looking at 15-18run per elix, so this gap of 9-10runs per elix is massive. A diligent farmer will have no choice to accept that he needs more runs to have a higher chance rate to get loot thus the classism starts.

I hope this sheds some light into the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiouj View Post
    This but instead of a HoR shield increase, I think a little more hp and armor with a straight up dmg reduction passive for tanks in pve would be better.
    Damage reduction doesn't stack so it would be as useful as damage and speed passives; which means not useful at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Damage reduction doesn't stack so it would be as useful as damage and speed passives; which means not useful at all.
    I get what you're saying but I didn't mean a skill passive. I meant something like rogues get in pvp, they're dmg done is reduced so it must be possible to decrease dmg taken in pve for tanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiouj View Post
    I get what you're saying but I didn't mean a skill passive. I meant something like rogues get in pvp, they're dmg done is reduced so it must be possible to decrease dmg taken in pve for tanks.
    Damage taken is controlled by your damage reduction, which is affected by your armor and level (outside of straight dmg reduction given from pets). There are no universal scalars for those things that differentiate from what's affected by buffs/debuffs inside a map. The PvP nerf for rogues is just a permanent 10% damage debuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Wonder if the devs ever experimented with a skill upgrade that could allow warriors to drop an enemy's damage... like feeble does to crit but just causes a lowering of the enemy's damage stat. Do you think it would be a nice tanking aid?
    There is one and rogues have it (15% damage debuff). That's why veil is my favorite 4rth for survivability.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    ...its already 3 seconds long on a 15 second cooldown. Thats invincibility 20% of the time for 1 skill point, and u want it longer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Not true about the warriors in km3, at endgame my runs vary from 55 seconds and 1:10-15, the latter is for tanks. Tanks are IMO slowing down runs in elite mobs. At bosses and tombs(where all they have to do is run) they are okay :P I saw a random warrior clear two rooms of kt4 in about the same time I cleared the first room, with the proc on glintstone! There is an added damage which is super helpful in tombs where pulls are humongous.

Cumulative inefficiencies which STS are trying their best to fix, axe throw buff with the skyward smash dot saw mages being replaced as the best support in arena runs. Even scaled down bosses like northal and Paracelsus are not too bad with a warrior party(talking as someone who has 2 warriors regularly in parties).

If I could I would say its something STS is taking very delicately by taking time to think out buffs on the warrior class which ruled PvP maps at one time. Tilt the scales too much and its back to square one.

Personally I would like to see warriors applying massive debuffs on mobs and adding damage and crit buffs to other classes, such a buff would see stronger mobs. These stronger mobs would need the added crit and damage from warrior buff to party to make the kills faster and faster kills is what we are talking about, right?

The warrior taunt fixes the atrocious taunts on warrior, the damage from the proc also provides a damage output that increases exponentially when you are making big pulls. The taunt was something I've seen a few other warriors ask for on forums, I was personally hoping for environments in PvE which any rogue can't get past unless he wants to spend 5 ankhs for invulnerability, but skills with mob debuffs and ally buffs combined with tougher mobs(more HP and armour, not damage since all that will do is give people stuck with a laggy/inexperienced warrior a headache and a rage quit.) The more stats for warriors ii s something I'm a bit sketchy about since warriors fare well enough in PvP clashes if they are under nekro shield and have decent gear, then again this is my perspective as a mage who spent the 36 cap season constantly getting bullied by warriors with maul :<
    Thanks for the info.
    Please clarify, do you mean to say that its normal to run km3 at 1min10sec - 1min 15sec with a warrior in the party? I mean any warrior not OP, as long as with glintstone? And this is easy and normal for parties to achieve with a warrior?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I would say well geared DPS members, I was constantly running running 1-1:15s with 2 warriors, which was then something I commented on because I don't get that same time with PUGs with all DPS members ^^ so yes if its a warrior with me 1:00-1:15 is average time with warrior. Glintstone is hardly useful when the DPS members are one hitting everything in their site@_@ it all comes down to running where and when. Easy and normal for pugs is 1:30(if not more, a lot more) and when I do get 3 warriors in a PUG run(which I'm proud to say I don't leave. As opposed to me without gear.) It is probably 15-30 seconds more, but then again there is a huge experience difference and not so much of a gear difference.
    Based on what u said just said then yes my original comment applies.

Why run 15-18 runs per luck elix with warrior in party when i can get 27-30 runs per luck elix when there is bo warrior in a party... Get it now ? This is why clasism is prevalent ....

My comments to buff and work on making warriors more efficient are purely PVE based so i cannot comment on PVP. If ur worried about warriors buffed in pve that may apply to pvp STS can easily fix that as currently they can have toon settings different in PVE and PVP.

As much as I know STS is trying to make it better and you are noticing it as well, fact is what they've done is not enough. I mean if it was would prominent warriors switch to rogue?

I often appear as the guy that just complain about STS' treatment on warriors but lets face it , they have a tendency to not 'focus' on the real problems... Mages had the same problem 2yrs ago, and it took 2yrs to fix, i just dont want the same 'negligence' to be repeated.

It seems STS knows that by right they dont have to do a thing about the things we 'propose/suggest/imply' in the forums but i try to make them know that just because they have the right not to do anything doesnt mean they shouldnt... When u look at it from a different perspective: STS has no accountability ... As a 'client' they dont owe us anything and there is no body/institution that monitors then thus they can do what they want... But for a community such as AL Community i think we deserve better and so should they.

A recent post of a dev stated: its a hard thing to program so we cannot promise when it will be fixed. Meaning if applied to an example , you buy a 'xbox/ps4 console' from STS and its faulty/defective they say 'i dont know if i can fix it and i dont know when you'll get your 'xbox/ps4 console' back ... Is this acceptable to u as a consumer? And you know what, that reply is actually acceptable for STS to say as thier ToS protects them ... So if we do not constantly appeal to them nothing will happen cos they have the right not to fix anything.

Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by Maarkus; 11-06-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Based on what u said just said then yes my original comment applies.

Why run 15-18 runs per luck elix with warrior in party when i can get 27-30 runs per luck elix when there is bo warrior in a party... Get it now ? This is why clasism is prevalent ....

My comments to buff and work on making warriors more efficient are purely PVE based so i cannot comment on PVP. If ur worried about warriors buffed in pve that may apply to pvp STS can easily fix that as currently they can have toon settings different in PVE and PVP.

As much as I know STS is trying to make it better and you are noticing it as well, fact is what they've done is not enough. I mean if it was would prominent warriors switch to rogue?

I often appear as the guy that just complain about STS' treatment on warriors but lets face it , they have a tendency to not 'focus' on the real problems... Mages had the same problem 2yrs ago, and it took 2yrs to fix, i just dont want the same 'negligence' to be repeated.

It seems STS knows that by right they dont have to do a thing about the things we 'propose/suggest/imply' in the forums but i try to make them know that just because they have the right not to do anything doesnt mean they shouldnt... When u look at it from a different perspective: STS has no accountability ... As a 'client' they dont owe us anything and there is no body/institution that monitors then thus they can do what they want... But for a community such as AL Community i think we deserve better and so should they.

A recent post of a dev stated: its a hard thing to program so we cannot promise when it will be fixed. Meaning if applied to an example , you buy a 'xbox/ps4 console' from STS and its faulty/defective they say 'i dont know if i can fix it and i dont know when you'll get your 'xbox/ps4 console' back ... Is this acceptable to u as a consumer? And you know what, that reply is actually acceptable for STS to say as thier ToS protects them ... So if we do not constantly appeal to them nothing will happen cos they have the right not to fix anything.

Hope that makes sense
    You complain too much.

Bottom line is...

A party of Rogs will ALWAYS do more dam than if there's a war or mage in the group. Even if there's buffs or fixes to the War class.

If players want fast runs...they will always chose a rog over a war...PERIOD.

There is NO WAY and i mean NO WAY STS will buff wars to do similar dam to a Rog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

After complaining alot before during event and its release, I gave the new mythic wep another try and imo it's great. Yes our dmg is low and at first glance we might look like a burden but this shield is like super glue. Using WW and Jugg along with the shields proc the mobs just stick to me.

It's so easy now, all I need to do is move a little to redirect the redzones away from the dps and its so simple.
    More work could definitely be done, buffing hp and armor for example because the amount of pots I'm having to use is crazy... but all in all imo it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Not sure what to make of PvP, can't really comment on that as I haven't tried since last season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    You complain too much.

Bottom line is...

A party of Rogs will ALWAYS do more dam than if there's a war or mage in the group. Even if there's buffs or fixes to the War class.

If players want fast runs...they will always chose a rog over a war...PERIOD.

There is NO WAY and i mean NO WAY STS will buff wars to do similar dam to a Rog.
    asking to consider (a whole catalog) of different skill enhancements/debuff capabilities is not the same as asking for pure damage. you missed a lot of points.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

These new jewel elixirs were another lame joke on the warrior class. The jewel drop is dependant on DoT resulting in ridiculously different rates of drop for the three classes .does STS even remember that AL has a warrior class running around basically carrying handbags? A whole thread filled with a lot solid ideas that has been on the front page of forums for weeks now and no dev has bothered to even comment on it instead they keep launching content specifically designed to give warriors the short end of the stick. How is it fair that one class gets 3 damaged jewels per elixir while another class loots 27 with the same elixir? If this isn't classism I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Moxin; 11-09-2015 at 10:36 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    asking to consider (a whole catalog) of different skill enhancements/debuff capabilities is not the same as asking for pure damage. you missed a lot of points.
    Your not really asking, because you been repeating yourself so often in so many threads about the same thing. STS already heard you, you don't have to say it over 10+ time.

It's sounds more like nagging IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Your not really asking, because you been repeating yourself so often in so many threads about the same thing. STS already heard you, you don't have to say it over 10+ time.

It's sounds more like nagging IMO.
    Constantly reminding STS of the pending issues which affect the game is a necessary step in enhancing the game for the entire community specially since they(STS) have not acted othe pending issues, not provide a relevant and significant response. Arbegs acts of delivering well thought of and constructive critism on subjects that can help gameplay is not a hindrance but a contribution of a player that wants the game to progress, as so have others done in the past.

And yes, you are correct, STS has indeed 'heard' the issues but has not acted... If that doesnt bother you then you have the right not to bother reminding STS, but to the players that are affect due to thier affection to a game Then i kindly request that you respect their choice as we respect your choice of not acting.
    Thanks

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post: