Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP is difficult to balance because of HYBRIDS !!

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default PvP is difficult to balance because of HYBRIDS !!

Hybrids are destroying this game making it unplayable to the classic character and forcing them to spend plat to respec to the new OVERPOWERED set up !

Its getting ridiculous ... First .. The BOWBEAR my most hated of them all like its ridiculous how powerful these things are ive seen them rip through my whole team with only rage and iron blood on not even using aggressive spells !!

Second ... The CLEVER BIRDY ... in what way dose it make sense that the bird with a doll and wand is stronger than a bird with a bow or talon with wing shield.... these are only new and ive already seen loads of my friends respecing to it !!

Lastly The PALADIN ... Mage with sword ... comon that elf dosent even look like it can lift a staff let alone i giant sword !! combine that with mana shield .. Ice thing and there Nuke and they can kill the whole enemy team if they run in to the group !

Weapons need to be class specific .. atleast in PvP let people mess about in PvE but the minute it comes to PvP the only way this will ever be fair is to have the weapons class specific meaning only bears can use 2hs and 1hs .. only avians can use bows xbows and talons .. only enchantresses can use wands and staffs

Please people support this and hoefully the devs might make the weapons class specific !
    Last edited by King Richie; 05-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Can confirm clever birdy. Myself, Richie and Ajeje just tested it. Everytime the bird with the wand killed us, a bow bird and a talon bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Clever birdy is unstoppable and its the same with bow bears like there like steam rollers they just mow u down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny because i find it fun to actually have a challenge. It might take my
    pure dex archer some running around to regen while using thorns to slow the bear down but i can still kill them, i however have not encountered a clever bird or the sword weilding enchantresses yet so
    i cant say i agree or disagree with everything until ive had the opportunity to face the other two yet.
    Level 35 archer - kronicdecay
    level 31 enchantress - beaneater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

be ready lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.... Sounds like somebody needs a hug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i really do harold !! but they really are getting ridiculous !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol remember when u laughed at by wand bird? I need to say right now and i challenge anyone to disagree. That was all me. Within 24 hours of repecing I saw 5 more. I can't take credit for the name clever birdy tho, that's awesome whoever came up with that.

Dude to be honest I don't think I would be playing this game right now if it weren't for hybrids. They make up for the lack of classes. If it was just 3 it would be so boring. Pure dex archers have always been the most dangerous one shotters, u are just used to raping in pvp and now u can't as much. If anything "ruins" pvp now it's warrior bears lol. The only thing that has a chance of taking them down solo is a clever birdy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I came up with the name clever birdy while making this thread =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The devs have already stated that they aren't removing hybrids. They want us to have as much class building freedom as possible so you might as well quit this anti-hybrid ralley. Hybrids make the game alot more intresting, maybe you should look into making one.

I take credit for creating the first str based birdy btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

They really need to balance them somehow to make them weaker than what a classic character would be like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    They really need to balance them somehow to make them weaker than what a classic character would be like
    They aren't unbalanced because they aren't classes. Trying to balance a bow bear, clever birdy, or a paladin will just screw up the real classes. Would you want that? No, I don't think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

ah good way i think is make pink items class specific !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    ah good way i think is make pink items class specific !
    Like I said before, not gonna happen. And if it somehow did, alot of people are going to be pissed to no end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been saying this since before PvP even came out, and it is completely true, the game will never be even as long as players are allowed to wear cross armor and weapons. We will be making a LONG LONG LONG post in the next two days that will address how players will still be able to "customization" of your class even with them wearing the same armor and equip the same weapons.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I have been saying this since before PvP even came out, and it is completely true, the game will never be even as long as players are allowed to wear cross armor and weapons. We will be making a LONG LONG LONG post in the next two days that will address how players will still be able to "customization" of your class even with them wearing the same armor and equip the same weapons.
    Pointless because it's not gonna happen. Justg has already said to "Go crazy" with the builds. The majority of us like hybrids, it's a great way to experiment with the classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehh, there are much better ways to "Go crazy" that will make the game fair, however crossing armor and weapons is not fair at all, it would not be plausible. However, our post in a few days will explain it, and I know that you will like the idea. It will allow for every player complete customization. 100x more than is possible now, however you have to wear your class armor and weapons.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I suggested this in another thread, but I would love to see the current "classes" which are really races, turned into such, and then have class added as another layer. It would add complexity, allowing for more unique character types, and also allow for more balance I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Royce, look our for Venom's post in 2 days, it hits that really hard, you will really like what we have coming. I completely agree with you!!!
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it would add more variety and rewards for the "pure bloods" if there were very good items that were class specific. That is, a really good sword that requires the usual STR score and must be a bear, or a bow that uses DEX and must be a bird. These would be a bit better than the regular non-class specific versions, and pink/purple. I think it would help reward those who stay true to to their calling and give them at least one type of benefit over hybrids. And this would open up a whole bunch of new things you could do with weapons.

Oooh, that gives me another idea. Weapons that require MULTIPLE stats. How about a Longbow that requires both a minimum DEX and STR to use. The bow requires a certain strength just to be able to pull it back. And you could have swords the same way, or armor, etc. How about Silver Armor of the Magi, requiring a minimum STR to be able to wear it and obviously a certain INT to be able to use it. Imagine the possibilities, and mix that with the class specific stuff too for even more variety.
    Characters: Grimglum, Azoi