Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

twinking requires skills, lol. I dont know why most endgamers think its for noobs yet when they come visit twink levels, they get farmed on a clash! -- I can name names but lol, nevermind, they are my buddies !

No joke, the game play in twinking is far different to endgame and it requires skill.. still! Its just a bit easier than endgame since its a slow pace pvp style but it doesnt mean it doesnt requires skills. Endgame pvp requires alot of things, this includes gears and OP PING!

I am basing this on my past experience at 13-16 bracket. I have good friends from endgame who visited twinks with me last year and they hated it, why? They dont know how slow paced pvp works.

cute is just my cover

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fra View Post
    twinking requires skills, lol. I dont know why most endgamers think its for noobs yet when they come visit twink levels, they get farmed on a clash! -- I can name names but lol, nevermind, they are my buddies !

No joke, the game play in twinking is far different to endgame and it requires skill.. still! Its just a bit easier than endgame since its a slow pace pvp style but it doesnt mean it doesnt requires skills. Endgame pvp requires alot of things, this includes gears and OP PING!

I am basing this on my past experience at 13-16 bracket. I have good friends from endgame who visited twinks with me last year and they hated it, why? They dont know how slow paced pvp works.
    Exactly! Each individual level requires its own flavor of skill. This changes throughout the major levels of pvp, whether it be charge in at full throttle at the lower levels or hiding behind corners at pvp waiting for the other player/team to make a mistake.

-hypothetical-
    An endgamer coming to level 9 is going to get smacked by an experienced level 9. Just as that level 9 would get smacked if he/she vsed the person at endgame. (Heck the person doesn't even need to be at endgame to get smacked, they could be from 10+ and the same result will occur). The point is every single level of pvp is different. Each requires a different skill set, allows/constricts a variety of skill points as well as a difference of gears ranging from legendaries to arcanes. Being good at a single level does not define skill as a pvper (perhaps at that particular level but not as a pvper). Being skilled as a pvper means owning up in most levels, and this definitely would take time to master and adapt to aforementioned changes.
    Last edited by Hail; 10-02-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Being good at a single level does not define skill as a pvper (perhaps at that particular level but not as a pvper). Being skilled as a pvper means owning up in most levels, and this definitely would take time to master and adapt to aforementioned changes.
    yes, i would agree to this! So far, I've only seen 2 players with this skill and I do salute both of them for being so good at any level.

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Before asking yourself what bracket is much active and healthy. Here are some thoughts

My advice for everyone who wants to PvP in a healthier and skilled enviroment, choose lvl 46 PvP !

Twinking PvP is probably the most hilarious part of AL that i ever experienced.

Twinking gear costs more than lvl 46 gear. You don't need many paragems or at all to be good enough to have a positive ratio in PvP. Mythic amulet, Rendtail ring, Nekro , 1 paragem + legendary weapon, armor/helm is good enough.

Your pvp skill won't grow much twinking. How you can be a good pvper only killing naked new people? Is that a challenge ? If you want to kill easily as that , you always can kill mobs in ydra forest.

You can actually do elites . Wow. Farm exclusive items for this level cap and not just popping crates to get your gear.

TDM actually exists ! Damn. And it's cool !
    Alright level 46 tank, bonesaw 3-5m AR 3m Nekro 4m rest of gear who knows, that is over 10mill now my level 15 tank twink with Singe,Toor,para vorpal and 2 sets of gear cost me roughly 9.5m now. What is cheaper and why play 46 to get 1 shot by a rogue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think i saw someone saying that endgame is better bcus u dont need to be maxed to compete while twinks need to be maxed to compete. Its true in endgame many player is not very geared and u can kill with less than maxed gears. But same thing is in twinking, at least thats the case in my lvl. Im a poor player that cant afford any para and i made a twink just to try it out, i was scared cus so many OP twinks in paradise but when i get in a random room i only meet 0-3 para ppl. And in a random endgame room ppl is like bloodthirsty and kill everything on sight. Outside of guild wars, twinking is much more relaxed as ppl just vs and friendly clash in room. And btw abt my twink: mostly from guild war and vs. I find most player here have similiar gear like mine. I did get swapped in war and lost vs to maxed ones but that happens in endgame too. And while in endgame not so maxed ones cant kill maxed ones i killed a para mari lv12 rogue with gloom in vs once.

Im just stating my opinion here all based on personal experience. Ty and i have quit AL btw XD

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bedmaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I totally agree with beanub...i could say i was good at endgame pvp when I did it..but i tried lvl 10 and lvl 15 pvp once..it was slow paced..and i failed miserably...maybe i would have been better at it if i had tried but the gear was my friends so i never tried again...

The point being..endgame people are used to fast pace and twinks are used to slow ones. At the moment none work for me..and thatd why lvl 31 was the best cap..when the pvp was in between the above mentioned. Not too fast (and not based solely on gears) and not to slow (kinda got boring xd) thats my advice and to titanium..yea i miss read the post a bit..sorry for that ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    I totally agree with beanub...
    ily 2

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    I totally agree with beanub...i could say i was good at endgame pvp when I did it..but i tried lvl 10 and lvl 15 pvp once..it was slow paced..and i failed miserably...maybe i would have been better at it if i had tried but the gear was my friends so i never tried again...

The point being..endgame people are used to fast pace and twinks are used to slow ones. At the moment none work for me..and thatd why lvl 31 was the best cap..when the pvp was in between the above mentioned. Not too fast (and not based solely on gears) and not to slow (kinda got boring xd) thats my advice and to titanium..yea i miss read the post a bit..sorry for that ^^
    Pvp is pet based now :P
    Nekro > Potato > SNS > Nekro (clash-wise)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Pvp is pet based now :P
    Nekro > Potato > SNS > Nekro (clash-wise)
    Thats true..but a twink with mali is more likely to work than an endgamer with mali new pets..its like givin pets super powers..you know..they say if we give robots intelligence..they might take over the world..in thid case..soon we are gnna be the pets of the pets we have now..

Quote Originally Posted by Fra View Post
    ily 2
    <33

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I have done twinkings too so Iam not an endgamer who has no idea about twinking.
    Most of twink people denies they don't kill noobs.
    Which is completely BS if you ask me.
    People do guild wars but not everytime. Every twink guild pvper hunts foods (noobs) in spawn rooms. They kinda avoid hitting you if you are from a good guild and you are shining with your ice scale sets and para gems and have your arcane pet chasing you.

Does Twinking need skills?
    Yes they need it. Twink clash and vs are fun.
    But this is also true, one can get a great KDR easily from twinking.
    Try endgame pvp and see if your kdr stays like 2000000:1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Idk i just play the game; skills pets gears meh very trivial but is fun getting those. As for 46 not my type of coffee.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I have done twinkings too so Iam not an endgamer who has no idea about twinking.
    Most of twink people denies they don't kill noobs.
    Which is completely BS if you ask me.
    People do guild wars but not everytime. Every twink guild pvper hunts foods (noobs) in spawn rooms. They kinda avoid hitting you if you are from a good guild and you are shining with your ice scale sets and para gems and have your arcane pet chasing you.

Does Twinking need skills?
    Yes they need it. Twink clash and vs are fun.
    But this is also true, one can get a great KDR easily from twinking.
    Try endgame pvp and see if your kdr stays like 2000000:1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Your right, twinks do kills noobs. But how does this differ in anyway from killing legendary users at endgame? Its exactly the same. So endgame players(im not saying u r one of them) who act like they are so innocent are full of ____ tbh.

Your also right that twinks can easily have a good kdr. This is where people's big misunderstanding comes from. Endgame is far more populated than any individual twink bracket. There are a lot more maxed out players at endgame than at twinks. I have a maxed out rogue at lvl 17 and 90%(bit of an overestimate but the point still stands) of my deaths are from ganging. The rest are from dying in fair wars/vs but when I join a room, i know im stronger than most everyone else in there. Triple the amount of players at my lvl and there are 3 times as many people that can fight me on an equal basis. Additionally, due to absurd scaling of dmg into endgame, one little mistake can result in a death. Even if ur team is winning and is undeniably better than the other team, ur still likely to die a significant amount of times. The best players are still going to have a lot of deaths. At twinks, the dmg is lower and u wont get oneshot so u can farm ur opponent without giving up many kills at all. Just this past week i had a 5v5 and the final score was 99-3.

The difference in kdrs between twinks and endgame is due to fundamental differences between the levels. Its simply easier to have a good kdr as an upper echelon twink than as an endgame player.

That being said, you can't try to compare twinks to endgame and use kdr as a justification to say one requires more skill. Twink players can suck at endgame, endgame players can suck at twinks. Although they are within the same aspect of the game(pvp), they are fundamentally different. Its like comparing apples to oranges because they're both fruit.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Your right, twinks do kills noobs. But how does this differ in anyway from killing legendary users at endgame? Its exactly the same. So endgame players(im not saying u r one of them) who act like they are so innocent are full of ____ tbh.
    nuff said...this is so true. Undergeared people are just like those newbies in game who dunno how to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Slowly all those legendary users are getting arcanes. The endgame pvp community is growing. Ain't no more 2 big war guilds like it was before, one of those 2 guilds figure out that you have to keep only skilled player in not all geared players. Everything is more diverse nowadays in pvp, just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Slowly all those legendary users are getting arcanes. The endgame pvp community is growing. Ain't no more 2 big war guilds like it was before, one of those 2 guilds figure out that you have to keep only skilled player in not all geared players. Everything is more diverse nowadays in pvp, just my opinion.
    even if you have arcanes...still cant compete with those who have full eye and para gems stuff...i think the divide is way too big. But it is true that endgame farming has actually been helpful. The perks for the rich shouldnt be as much as they are now. The difference between normal geared and fully geared shudnt be as of the land and the sky.
    Last edited by Endkey 2.0; 10-04-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Yes,twinking does require some skill, but it's more expensive to go "twinking" than pvp-ing at endgame.And as Titanium said,it's a healthier environment.
    And the thing with the "healthier environment" is the most important thing in AL pvp.

IMO, twinking in AL is a joke,and twinks are the most toxic part of the AL community.I never played as a twink, and i will never do.
    You never played as a twink. Then just don't complain if you have no clue.
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

people keep telling me legendary gear costing 500k-1.5m is enough to be competitive in pvp. (excluding pet) at level 13
    well i happen to own a level 13 event rogue with gear costing roughly 800k (with pet malison, and haxonite) and well I got 1-2 combo for days....
    Real competitive eh. (bear in mind this was against max gear players, which apparently a skilled player should have a shot to beat...)

Just to be clear, this is very similar to end-game gear differences...

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    people keep telling me legendary gear costing 500k-1.5m is enough to be competitive in pvp. (excluding pet) at level 13
    well i happen to own a level 13 event rogue with gear costing roughly 800k (with pet malison, and haxonite) and well I got 1-2 combo for days....
    Real competitive eh. (bear in mind this was against max gear players, which apparently a skilled player should have a shot to beat...)

Just to be clear, this is very similar to end-game gear differences...
    legendary gear does cost 500-1.5m is enough for legendary gear, not very good legendary gear tho. Para and Maridos then u can be competitive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

So I need para to be competitive with 800k legendary gear and Maridos???
    It has been stated several times with this set up I should be competitive..... Can another pet substitute for Mari? Or must it be arcane ?

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    So I need para to be competitive with 800k legendary gear and Maridos???
    It has been stated several times with this set up I should be competitive..... Can another pet substitute for Mari? Or must it be arcane ?
    If ur playing at an active level like 10-11, 15-17, etc. then ur not gonna be very competitive without a para and an arcane. There are so many players now with arcanes that you will probably just get swapped out for someone else a lot. Breeze(for war) or blinky can work as legendary pets but you will definitely want a para if ur using a legendary pet