Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to counter a nekro rogue at endgame

Robhawk

Default How to counter a nekro rogue at endgame

Dear STS edit: and all players ,

please tell me one way to counter a rogue using nekro? They are imune to every sort of stun or panic, they will get any dropped packs... As a mage nekros aa doesnt even protect from ONE aimed shot...

So tell me 1 way to counter that?

The answer is: There is no way to counter that, none! When the rogue cant be stunned/panic/terrified its just gg...So its obviously a design fault?
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 09-23-2015 at 12:01 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

If you can't surivive, possibly try going for a gear setup that focuses on armor/hp whole sacrificing damage?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Dear STS edit: and all players ,

please tell me one way to counter a rogue using nekro? They are imune to every sort of stun or panic, they will get any dropped packs... As a mage nekros aa doesnt even protect from ONE aimed shot...

So tell me 1 way to counter that?

The answer is: There is no way to counter that, none! When the rogue cant be stunned/panic/terrified its just gg...So its obviously a design fault?
    Just to clarify, you aren't saying that you are being one-shotted through a Nekro shield, are you?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Just to clarify, you aren't saying that you are being one-shotted through a Nekro shield, are you?
    Well if not 1 shoted then 1 combod, this is nearly the same.

@Visiting: You cant tank a rogue as a mage, this build wont work because you give up so much damage that you couldnt kill the rogue even when she run out of mana lol.

@avikk: The rogues i play at tdm are impossible, its the same if shield or nekro, im dead within 5 or 6 seconds. Try f.e. roguechiha (imho the best tdm rogue at the moment and also a fair sportsman) or theconan. You wont win a single fight on a run to 20! Even the rouges i wrecked before nekro lol at me now... its just ridiculous and the nekro rogues that i can kill are true nabs that dont know anything about pvp.

ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm?!?

Anyway... my former best matchup vs rogues is now another weak one like vs warrior, lol.

The only real chance for the mage is to deny the rogue getting the packs but how do you want to do that when nothing stuns her? No fireball, no gale, no pet? This is the other way around when the mage could stunlock with fb, ice and gale + pet without stun immunity... The only real mage weapon is gone, the stun.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-22-2015 at 03:22 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm.
    O.o debuff is everywhere

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mylast For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Nekro shield for rogues > Nekro shield for mages. It's just the way the wind blows lol.

I'd suggest going no stun skills. Shield, charge light, ice, heal when HP drops low (for an under geared mage like me, that is immediately after invulnerability finishes...) and use Nekro AA. If you have gear on par to the rogue's, you have about a 75% chance to win. If its lesser gear...more like 10%.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Nekro shield for rogues > Nekro shield for mages. It's just the way the wind blows lol.

I'd suggest going no stun skills. Shield, charge light, ice, heal when HP drops low (for an under geared mage like me, that is immediately after invulnerability finishes...) and use Nekro AA. If you have gear on par to the rogue's, you have about a 75% chance to win. If its lesser gear...more like 10%.
    Agree with this or battle in group since mage strength is more in team battle. Even undergeared rouge will have a hard time winning in a full geared once. So don't expect to counter them being under gear. Same with other class.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Hey pro

I never thought of playing with only 2 attack skills in a vs rogue, it was allways like -> ice, light, gale/fb + shield... but i will give it a try! ty!

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    Agree with this or battle in group since mage strength is more in team battle.
    Before nekro it was a different story! I could kill many rogues with better gear then me...

Even undergeared rouge will have a hard time winning in a full geared once. So don't expect to counter them being under gear. Same with other class.
    Thats true, sadly. Without good gear there is no need to even enter pvp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Well if not 1 shoted then 1 combod, this is nearly the same.

@Visiting: You cant tank a rogue as a mage, this build wont work because you give up so much damage that you couldnt kill the rogue even when she run out of mana lol.

@avikk: The rogues i play at tdm are impossible, its the same if shield or nekro, im dead within 5 or 6 seconds. Try f.e. roguechiha (imho the best tdm rogue at the moment and also a fair sportsman) or theconan. You wont win a single fight on a run to 20! Even the rouges i wrecked before nekro lol at me now... its just ridiculous and the nekro rogues that i can kill are true nabs that dont know anything about pvp.

ps: I guess tdm is harder against rogues then ctf because of ctf damage reduction which actually doesnt apply at tdm?!?

Anyway... my former best matchup vs rogues is now another weak one like vs warrior, lol.

The only real chance for the mage is to deny the rogue getting the packs but how do you want to do that when nothing stuns her? No fireball, no gale, no pet? This is the other way around when the mage could stunlock with fb, ice and gale + pet without stun immunity... The only real mage weapon is gone, the stun.
    The stub is not gone i assure you. If the person uses nekro shield after getting hit by fireball they will still be stunned, so please stop trying to mislead.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    The stub is not gone i assure you. If the person uses nekro shield after getting hit by fireball they will still be stunned, so please stop trying to mislead.
    Dude, every normal skilled rogue activates Nekro AA before the fight begins and now go trolling somewhere else!

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Sorry for being that noob.

What damagae reduction in CTF ?
    I quote Zeus here: "• Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF."

So chances against rogues in ctf are better then tdm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Wish i could thank the same posts more than once. Nekro is a pet with only one weakness..and thats the cooldown. Every pet before that, arcane or not has had its weaknesses. STS do something about it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey 2.0 For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    I faced you yesterday when you were ganging me and honestly, you hardly knew what you were even doing
    You speak about the 2on2 where i played with Xphonvanz ( warrior) and you played with Tthhor (warrior) ? The game were you just attacked in rambo style and got beaten badly and left after farming some death? I see... that was a 2on2 gang then...

Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-22-17-40-39.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  123.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-22-17-40-42.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  131.5 KB

Just because you have gears doesnt mean you deserve to automatically survive more
    A have a legendary gun l46, no imbued helmet/armor... that is gears? LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

You speak about the 2on2 where i played with Xphonvanz ( warrior) and you played with Tthhor (warrior) ? The game were you just attacked in rambo style and got beaten badly and left after farming some death? I see... that was a 2on2 gang then...

Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-22-17-40-39.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  123.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-22-17-40-42.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  131.5 KB

A have a legendary gun l46, no imbued helmet/armor... that is gears? LOL!
    But you didnt take ss before that match where we were outnumbered? And i left because my teammate did not know how to attack or heal. No use playing a 1v2. I still remember those 3v5 matches where you always stacked against my team and then ran.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Well I'm not STS, but I would agree with you Rob. Right now, sorcerer class can't compete in 1v1 against equally geared nekro rogue.
    Doing some tricks to win, I tried two gear build. One defensive type build to stall while the nekro shield is on, then quickly change to damage build gear via loadout when the nekro shield is about to break. I sometimes win but most of the time I still lose specially when the rogues have two gear builds too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Well I'm not STS, but I would agree with you Rob. Right now, sorcerer class can't compete in 1v1 against equally geared nekro rogue.
    Doing some tricks to win, I tried two gear build. One defensive type build to stall while the nekro shield is on, then quickly change to damage build gear via loadout when the nekro shield is about to break. I sometimes win but most of the time I still lose specially when the rogues have two gear builds too.
    Hey bro, the idea of gear switching while fighting is new to me but it is an interesting new aspect! Since i have only 1 good item per gear slot i don`t need to switch something because there is nothing better.

l46 Boulder Barrel of Brut (2 reinforced glacials)
    l46 Supreme Hat of Lethality (2 eyes, thx Dbl bro )
    l43 Slaterock Robe (3 standard minds)
    l43 Bonecrusher brawn (3 standard minds)
    l41 Rendtail`s Ring (3 reinforced glacials)
    l41 Ancient Planar Pendant (3 standard minds)
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-23-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Talk about changing clothes while fighting irl...so lame..funny part is that none of the nekro users want nekro to get nerfed..but instead they want the non-nekro users to go at extremes to counter it

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    Talk about changing clothes while fighting irl...so lame..funny part is that none of the nekro users want nekro to get nerfed..but instead they want the non-nekro users to go at extremes to counter it
    As we both know there is no way to stun/panic a rogue under Nekro's AA... The only way to counter is outgear with 1500 damage and 80% crit and then fireball/ice/clock DOT will do the job. The rogue has to give up nekro then and switch to nilbog... Then i switch clock for light and its gg again!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-23-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

As we both know there is no way to stun/panic a rogue under Nekro's AA... The only way to counter is outgear with 1500 damage and 80% crit and then fireball/ice/clock DOT will do the job. The rogue has to give up nekro then and switch to nilbog... Then i switch clock for light and its gg again!
    dont u think it sucks that there is NO weakness..except that ur better geared than ur opponent..

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    dont u think it sucks that there is NO weakness..except that ur better geared than ur opponent..
    Its just annoying to know anything you will try will fail because of game design mistakes, except you are a rogue...

Since im a pvp type of player since i started playing back in Duke Nukem 3D times, i just ask myself why i chose AL-mage... The chances were pretty good to get 1 toon with good pvp capabilities, but no... i took the mage - lol!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-23-2015 at 07:44 AM.