Thread: Help with "classification" of mages?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Question Help with "classification" of mages?

I'm sure there's a thread of this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. probably bec I'm a bit new to these forums and all..
    Question is: what is a pally? people always blow me off since it's such a "noob-ish" question..
    Well, more specifically, could someone please explain the "lingo" of mage classes? e.g. what is: a pure str mage, int/dex mage, dex/str mage, etc.
    Or would those even be classes? I'm just trying to figure this out, if there's a redirect any one knows of, then that'd be wonderful!
    I have a level 51 int/dex mage Paozu and a 17 pure int mage Hardcoure. I've played PL for app. eight months to a year or so, meaning I'm not a total noob but I'm still pretty new.. Thanks for any help!

Haha, wow. Just looked back at this first post and man have I changed in PL since! Paozu is now my L4 (and leveling) bear/warrior, Hardcoure has reached cap and I also have another enchantress/mage that is L52 (and leveling)
    Last edited by Hardcoure; 01-09-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Just adding some new info, I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Welcome to the forums!
    A Strength mage is a Palladin, a dexterity mage is a dex mage, a full int mage is a nuke, and experimented classes for mages (Strength and int, int and dex, Dex and strength, ect) are hybrids. Hope this helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thasaint View Post
    A Strength mage is a Palladin, a dexterity mage is a dex mage, a full int mage is a nuke, and experimented classes for mages (Strength and int, int and dex, Dex and strength, ect) are hybrids. Hope this helped!
    Except.. Dex/int with dex equips is called dexchantress, int/dex with int equips is a dex Mage, str/dex is called pally as well, int/str is called wand pally.. If you use a wand. If not, still pally.
    Word of advice! Don't do full str, or full dex.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 09-23-2011 at 01:14 AM.