Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonus Damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Bonus Damage

Okay fine I'm a noob. Been playing this game for so long and I still don't really understand what bonus damage is/does... Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Example: nekro's happiness bonus damage (15%)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No I don't mean happiness bonus. I mean when you look at stats and you see hp, mana, damage, etc. Bonus dmg is there too and I don't really get what it means...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

All I know is its used with things like para gems to calculate how much dmg the gem will give you.
    - (un) Retired -

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetkitty View Post
    Okay fine I'm a noob. Been playing this game for so long and I still don't really understand what bonus damage is/does... Anyone care to enlighten me? Thanks .
    Bonus dmg is always as a percent. Just to make calculations easy lets say your bonus dmg is 300%. If an item gives 2.00 dmg, multiply that by your bonus dmg percent. 2.00 X 300% = 6.0 dmg. So ur damage on ur stat page will go up by 6.0.

This is why ur first para is so op. 2.00 dmg + 5.00 dmg = 7.00 dmg X bonus dmg percent = an absurd increase in your stat damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Bonus dmg is always as a percent. Just to make calculations easy lets say your bonus dmg is 300%. If an item gives 2.00 dmg, multiply that by your bonus dmg percent. 2.00 X 300% = 6.0 dmg. So ur damage on ur stat page will go up by 6.0.

This is why ur first para is so op. 2.00 dmg + 5.00 dmg = 7.00 dmg X bonus dmg percent = an absurd increase in your stat damage
    Welp I didn't know what bonus damage did exactly either so thanks for explaining!
    On the other hand, does dps increase your damage?
    Say you are a mage with 300% bonus dmg and put on a weapon with 100 dps, 20 intelligence and 10 dexterity. Any idea about how much each (dps, intelligence and dexterity) add to damage, if they do? (as a mage, each intelligence point added by a jewel gives me almost 1 dmg if I remember correctly. Is this about right?)
    If you could take the time to answer, it would be great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Makes perfect sense....thanks a lot hun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Also, I believe damage is the damage related to skills, while dps is the damage related to your normal attacks. I was also told a Para also adds dps, aside from damage. If one refers to skills and the other to normal attacks, how does that work? Does damage affect dps, does dps affect damage?
    Does anyone know?

P.S.: I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting my questions on their thread :s

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    Also, I believe damage is the damage related to skills, while dps is the damage related to your normal attacks. I was also told a Para also adds dps, aside from damage. If one refers to skills and the other to normal attacks, how does that work? Does damage affect dps, does dps affect damage?
    Does anyone know?

P.S.: I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting my questions on their thread :s
    yes dmg is related to skills and dps is related to to ur normal attacks. I dont think damage affects dps since some bows have higher dmg but lower dps. Increasing ur main stat does increase ur dmg aswell as ur bonus dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    yes dmg is related to skills and dps is related to to ur normal attacks. I dont think damage affects dps since some bows have higher dmg but lower dps. Increasing ur main stat does increase ur dmg aswell as ur bonus dmg.
    Well actually... wrong. Both damage and dps are referring to a weapon's base damage. The damage is what you do from a "normal attack" and the dps is the amount of damage you can do per second with that weapon based off its attack speed (hence dps: damage per second) skill damage is the secret hidden stat that only people who look at their skills page can find. The reason dps is higher with daggers versus bows is because their attack speed is significantly faster.

Also, don't confuse damage with skill damage. With many weapons (arcane maul, new legendary bows - terra, giant bone, eloia's) the base damage for a normal attack is higher than that of another weapon. Take for example, level 46 giant bone bow of potency versus level 41 mythic frost-touched bow of potency. Even fully gemmed with equal gems, the giant bone bow of potency says it has higher damage in base stats, but the mythic frost bow actually has 100-200 higher skill damage when comparing an aimed shot, making it the better choice in weapon. Don't be fooled by what the stat screen says!
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 10-13-2015 at 07:15 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I.See what you mean

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damge buff good

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    Well actually... wrong. Both damage and dps are referring to a weapon's base damage. The damage is what you do from a "normal attack" and the dps is the amount of damage you can do per second with that weapon based off its attack speed (hence dps: damage per second) skill damage is the secret hidden stat that only people who look at their skills page can find. The reason dps is higher with daggers versus bows is because their attack speed is significantly faster.

Also, don't confuse damage with skill damage. With many weapons (arcane maul, new legendary bows - terra, giant bone, eloia's) the base damage for a normal attack is higher than that of another weapon. Take for example, level 46 giant bone bow of potency versus level 41 mythic frost-touched bow of potency. Even fully gemmed with equal gems, the giant bone bow of potency says it has higher damage in base stats, but the mythic frost bow actually has 100-200 higher skill damage when comparing an aimed shot, making it the better choice in weapon. Don't be fooled by what the stat screen says!
    so u are saying the only way to know ur skill damage is to test the actual weapon out on an actual fight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melberly View Post
    so u are saying the only way to know ur skill damage is to test the actual weapon out on an actual fight?
    Yep - here's 11 characters

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Darren pretty much covered what bonus damage is. Adding to his point about skill damage, generally the higher the level and rarer the item (in terms of rarity and not reality), the higher the skill damage it will add. The arcane daggers, mail and kershal for some reason don't follow this, but otherwise it applies to almost all items.

While choosing between a lvl 41 mythic and lvl 46 legendary, I am not sure which gives better skill damage. Mythic bow beats giant bone bow in terms of skill damage, but forager vest of potency (46) beats mythic armor (43- Slaterock) contradicting this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I always assumed bounes dam was the %multiplied when you get a critical hit but idk 4sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post

Thanks for explaining! It makes sense after all, dps = damage per second >.< We can all understand a little more about how AL works today ^-^
    Anyone know how good the Maul of Ollerus is compared to a lvl 46 legendary, skill damage-wise?
    I second Melberly. Is there no way of knowing the skill damage from its stat comparison with your current weapon?
    Does the Elon gun damage reflect its skill damage?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    Thanks for explaining! It makes sense after all, dps = damage per second >.< We can all understand a little more about how AL works today ^-^
    Anyone know how good the Maul of Ollerus is compared to a lvl 46 legendary, skill damage-wise?
    I second Melberly. Is there no way of knowing the skill damage from its stat comparison with your current weapon?
    Does the Elon gun damage reflect its skill damage?
    The Elon gun is second to only the first gun in terms of damage, by a miniscule amount. The maul doesn't have very great skill damage. It's power is all in the proc, which is to this day the best of any weapon in game.

In my earlier post I provided a little information as to how to guess which item has better skill damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

To make things complicated, why do some weapons give greater stat damage but less skill damage? That never made sense to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Err i asked and adked the defreness of dam and dps a couple yeaers ago and finally was told dam=skill dam dps=normal attack wtf im kinda mad i went this wole time thinking that. Sts are these fourms for us to ask questions and other players respond doing your job well you twitle your thumbs? Im rly not one to bash you sts but ive spen real cash in game and lots of gold bettering my stats to find out this. Rly if fourms are to inform people of game activities i think of all the useless stuff u guys post and tessers bing the main attraction in fourms maybe you could do something usefull and post a guid about stats or is that secure information????