Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why paying for potions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Why paying for potions?

Why o why do we now have to pay for potions?
    Really? It starts as a nice game and then they become greedy!

Children don't have money to spend, so be prepared to lose players soon.

Gyancher

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hello Gyancher,

You can still purchase potions for gold. You need to travel to Forest Haven, head west to Ellie the Enchantress and you can buy potions from her for gold.

We felt that the convenience of purchasing potions from the store would be a service that users would value and be willing to pay for.

We realize that we could use to make the potion vendor more obvious and there was already talk today of changing them to be more obvious.

Best regards,
    Samhayne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is not very helpfull that we have to go all the way back just to quickly buy potions. But thank you for explaining where to get potions for gold still.

Kind regards,

Gyancher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Stock up on potions before a session.

Isn't that what everyone does?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyancher View Post
    That is not very helpfull that we have to go all the way back just to quickly buy potions. But thank you for explaining where to get potions for gold still.

Kind regards,

Gyancher
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do, but it was nice to be able to buy potions in the heat of the battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gyancher View Post
    I do, but it was nice to be able to buy potions in the heat of the battle.
    Well, yeah, but they cost double anyways.

Ps is it still 1.5k for 100 pots with ellie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Samhayne I'm glad you are going to make the sale of pots from Ellie more noticeable. I played for months before I believe physio made a post about her. I was annoyed I hadn't known this before and had wasted a lot of gold (fake money). I imagine I'd have been pretty frustrated had I spent plat. In the meantime I'll be spreading the word about Ellie but do look forward to a more blatant notice (maybe in the potions window stating that they can purchased there or go to Ellie)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put a big sign over her head buy pots here.
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

You don't have to buy potions at all. Just stash what you have, host a dungeon and kill enemies until you have 25 of each. Rinse and repeat. No gold or platinum spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All my chars always have more than 1000 hp pots at any time. And I never really use mp. Any time my pots run low I can go and buy another 1000. Never really use more than a few at a time anyway. 1000 pots can last a week or more. Never understood why anyone would ever require to buy pots in the middle of battle. Just hold loads all the time
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To force high level players (with awesome looking kit) into forest haven (the cross over area from free to play to the campaigns you have to pay for).

This is so new players who are tempted to pay for the game see a very busy area with lots of players with cool looking high level kit

New players don't see 5 x level 52 players repeating "captive audience" over and over for a week with no other players around just to complete 1 quest lol

btw - this isn't a moan about it ... the more new players that actually make it through will increase the chances of there being more level 52s to play with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I've ever bought potions from the store to begin with since they're so ridiculously overpriced. Friends you run with are also willing to give potions if you need em. Only place I've ever really purchased them in store was in Shadow caves towards the very end, or when you're spamming to stay alive against Shadow Witch. That aside I doubt no one will buy them in the store. What I think I WOULD buy is potions you cannot get from FH- such as reserve tank potions that significantly increase H/S or automatically apply full heal up to its reserve tank. For example, HP potion costing 1 or 2 plat, that has 2-3 times your total HP in reserve, increases your H/S by 5-10% of your total HP (if total HP=500, then H/S is boosted +25 to +50) anytime your health drops. Or apply a full heal when your health dips below 50% up until the reserve tank is emptied. It can have a time limit of 2-4 hours. It makes it easier for players whose screens sometimes do not respond as quickly when trying to spam health pots to try to survive an onslaught- instead an automatic health reserve kicks in. A similar idea could apply to blue pots too.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leiver View Post
    All my chars always have more than 1000 hp pots at any time. And I never really use mp. Any time my pots run low I can go and buy another 1000. Never really use more than a few at a time anyway. 1000 pots can last a week or more. Never understood why anyone would ever require to buy pots in the middle of battle. Just hold loads all the time
    Sometimes I'm guilty of needing pots in the middle of a run for the simple fact that I stash my pots when I'm farming in lower leveled dungeons. When you have <25 pots you can gain more from simply doing runs, sometimes I join a game in BS and forget to get some pots from stash. Depending on how far I get before I realize I don't have any is what determins if I'm wiling to shell out the much higher amount for the fewer pots. It's simple convinece, so I do understand why the devs have made this change.

I must also admit that it looks a bit like it's preying on the new comers, as I was at least level 20 before I knew pots could be purchased via Ellie. Maybe addding "Finding Ellie" as a manditory quest that you get before you leave the tutorial map would help newcomers find her, perhaps even have the quest complete when 1 pot is purchased (free of course). Other options include moving her to a much more visable location, because she is quite hard to find (I see someone asking about Leeha who is to the left of Ellie almost daily).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

other than the galactic overlord, i don't see who else i need to spam potions on. even playing bear and hawk i didn't use more than a couple at a time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yep. Usually buy a 1000 at a time from Ellie. Thats the only way to go. As a pure int mage I go through alot of hp pots. When I play my bird I go through a ton of mp pots. It kinda balances out.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lol when i posted this info on the FB PL page yesterday, someone said that everyone knew already... man i wish there was a "i told you so" button.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    To force high level players (with awesome looking kit) into forest haven (the cross over area from free to play to the campaigns you have to
    Could be that.

Or simply because FH is the very first map where new players go to, and thus makes the most sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I must also admit that it looks a bit like it's preying on the new comers, as I was at least level 20 before I knew pots could be purchased via Ellie. Maybe addding "Finding Ellie" as a manditory quest that you get before you leave the tutorial map would help newcomers find her, perhaps even have the quest complete when 1 pot is purchased (free of course). Other options include moving her to a much more visable location, because she is quite hard to find (I see someone asking about Leeha who is to the left of Ellie almost daily).
    I couldn't have said it better and very good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leiver View Post
    I do that as well now, but things were a bit different back in the days when my main was level 8 for instance.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I mentioned this in another thread

We are going to be adding a pop up message that references Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven when a user goes to buy potions via the store. There will be a checkbox to not display the message in the future. This should help. Watch for patch notes as to when it goes out.