Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Buying A Mythic Weapon? Look here to decide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Hi Ener,

Based on my experience the Taunt system is sombroken that no matter how much a Warrior taunts it is immediately overitten by the DPS classes when they crit or release a damage ouput greater that the warrior (which is the case all the time) meaning we may be taunting but this is less than a second or two in the end we cannot hold aggro. If STS aplies a 'hold' period for 3-4sec per taunt then maybe we can hold aggro and that a bit complicated to code in i think ... I may be wrong.

Idealy when the war myth procs and taunts if it can stun as well that will help assuming that the threat meter of the mob will start after the stun period then that means the proc will actually help the war maintain aggro for 2-3secs atleast giving the dps class free reign to deal their damage.

This is just a suggestion and i may be wrong.

I still see the main issue of warriors being alientated in the pve runs as:
    1. Why taunt when other classes can kill the mobs much faster thus 3rogue and mage parties are currently the best combi
    2. It is inevitable to get one hit in the runs so maximise the damage output to lessen the chances of mobs to release thier special attacks
    3. The game has reached a point where offense is the best defense thus the warrior class being a defensive class is left behind.

Thanks for reading and if it doesnt make sense apologies and pls ignore.

Thanks
    You go gurl. Tell em!

And to the other folks who said hi Zeus... I think he ignored us. How rude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    I believe this is the answer for better taunt for warrior.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Hi Ener,

Based on my experience the Taunt system is sombroken that no matter how much a Warrior taunts it is immediately overitten by the DPS classes when they crit or release a damage ouput greater that the warrior (which is the case all the time) meaning we may be taunting but this is less than a second or two in the end we cannot hold aggro. If STS aplies a 'hold' period for 3-4sec per taunt then maybe we can hold aggro and that a bit complicated to code in i think ... I may be wrong.

Idealy when the war myth procs and taunts if it can stun as well that will help assuming that the threat meter of the mob will start after the stun period then that means the proc will actually help the war maintain aggro for 2-3secs atleast giving the dps class free reign to deal their damage.

This is just a suggestion and i may be wrong.

I still see the main issue of warriors being alientated in the pve runs as:
    1. Why taunt when other classes can kill the mobs much faster thus 3rogue and mage parties are currently the best combi
    2. It is inevitable to get one hit in the runs so maximise the damage output to lessen the chances of mobs to release thier special attacks
    3. The game has reached a point where offense is the best defense thus the warrior class being a defensive class is left behind.

Thanks for reading and if it doesnt make sense apologies and pls ignore.

Thanks
    Everything you wrote makes sense. FYI, in Pocket Legends I played a warrior (warriors are bears in PL) and we had multiple taunt skills that actually worked. When used correctly you could hold aggro for at least several seconds, until you were able to use the next taunt skill. Also, bears had the ability to pull the mobs in towards them (I forgot what this skill was called), and then we also had a stomp skill that would stun them and push them away. When used correctly by a good tank, these two skills could stun and group the mobs together so the DPS classes could take them out. Running without a good tank was much slower due to all of this.

It seems like the issues in AL are always PvE vs. PvP, and this issue is no different. For some strange reason, STS decided that in AL the warriors would be the healers. In PL it was the mages who were the healers. As a result of this strange decision, warriors would become too powerful if they also had stun skills, and then PvP would be broken. So we are left with a very strange and hard to fix system where warriors cannot really tank that well.

I know STS is working on a revamp of the skill system, so here is my suggestion....

Given the recent decision to buff sorcerer's heal skill, I suggest that warrior's heal be nerfed, and instead warriors be given some stronger taunt upgrades in their skills, and also some ability to stun. This will greatly help warriors in PvE, and the increased stun ability should offset the decreased heal in PvP. I think STS needs to take a look at how tanks functioned in Pocket Legends as a good example of what they need to be in AL. That was actually one part of PL that worked really well. BTW, this should also help class balance at lower twink levels where warriors can be way too hard to kill in PvP.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 10-19-2015 at 05:26 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    Im pity on glintstone aegis of thoughness. Maybe u can add more health or armor to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transfordark View Post
    Yea we didnt get any, unless your talking about that crap mythic weapon which actually isn't a mythic.
    For Wars here are the Current Ranked Weapons:
    1. Mythic Bonesaw Level 41
    2. Mythic Bonesaw Level 36
    3. Mythic Elon Bulwark 41
    4. Mythic Frost Bulwark 41
    5. Legendary Galen Maul 46
    6. Magma Sword 41
    And Now the Crappy weapon,
    7. Mythic Bulwarks 46
    ... Where is the arcane maul? Or the mythic glaive? And the Elon bulwark is NOT better than the frost bulwark. Frost has 2 more strength xD and about 1.5 more damage.

Something has to be liked to be valuable...
    But to be loved you have to be PRICELESS!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeldarbroz View Post
    ... Where is the arcane maul? Or the mythic glaive? And the Elon bulwark is NOT better than the frost bulwark. Frost has 2 more strength xD and about 1.5 more damage.
    Bro, don't be a nub. It's not all about those raw stats. The proc from Elondrian bullwark is where it shines. Frost bullwark is JUNK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samaeldavisjr View Post
    Bro, don't be a nub. It's not all about those raw stats. The proc from Elondrian bullwark is where it shines. Frost bullwark is JUNK
    Frost Bulwark is totally not a junk weapon. If you are a PvP player, idc about that. Frost Bulwark is really useful in PvE.

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Thanks guys!
    The stats on this are very low. They do not seem like a 46 mythic. They feel like 41 mythics and are comparable to 41 bulwarks. It does not really help with the survival in PVP. As rogues and mages are hitting harder, this does little to nothing in regards to the "tanking" warrior to help the situation. Jugg needs to be scaled as well.

The stack is very hard to keep up in pvp or achieve. Everyone is running around and sword and shields have a small attack range. Warriors hardly ever hit 3 at a time due to this and rogues tend to dodge the autoattack.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    The stats on this are very low. They do not seem like a 46 mythic. They feel like 41 mythics and are comparable to 41 bulwarks. It does not really help with the survival in PVP. As rogues and mages are hitting harder, this does little to nothing in regards to the "tanking" warrior to help the situation. Jugg needs to be scaled as well.

The stack is very hard to keep up in pvp or achieve. Everyone is running around and sword and shields have a small attack range. Warriors hardly ever hit 3 at a time due to this and rogues tend to dodge the autoattack.
    i agree for sure need buff the stats and the only way to work that proc is to work lk mages elond gun to stack the armor even if u dont hit by just spamming auto attacks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I just want to share some information about Glinstone Aegis:
    it add armor stack with every hit as Carapace said. In group of mobs, where you hit 3 mobs in the same time, it means you get 10 stack in 1,5s. It means AoE taunt every 1,5s just with normal attack.
    Skills damage add stack too. Tap WM, spam normal attack and you will have screen full of red marks. Charged Skyward Smash means AoE taunt now. In group of mob you reach 10 stacks every second.

Dmg and armor stats are too low compare to 41 mythic, thats the sad fact. Due to this it is weak against one target.
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 10-20-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Ok let me make this clear for you people who complain so much about this. First of all sts did nothing wrong in the making of any weapons,
    Jugg doesn't work obviously because of the mass escape of paragems and eye gems ofc your jug won't withstand ultra rare discontinued items ,
    sts is trying their best to make this work for everyone warriors weapon have no problems at all, the proc on all weapons is both pvp and pve,
    Tank is suppose to tank like they said ,
    If gems were regular your jug would of still worked and people would still die in pvp
    Everything is unbalanced I feel sorry for the new players that download this game and Lvl up and see how pointless it is because of two items in the game eyes and para along with the crap jewel system

Other thing !

If ravagerx can set recs on his tank , I'm sure any other tank can
    Recs are for dps and speed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I'm still asking myself if anybody uses jewels nowadays.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I'm still asking myself if anybody uses jewels nowadays.
    Because rogue is damage class as well as Mage , with a paragem you don't need nothing els because your just adding damage ontop of damage .
    Not many ppl have time for jewels either lol

Warriors have vengeful blood that's their only way of killing with the intent to kill, but they're forced to not use vengeful blood because the imbalance , juggernaut can't keep up with all of this incoming damage in clash, these weapons that came out for the warrior is a decent weapon if used with venge, but the way the game is set up , it's useless because they can't do anything .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amvulpix View Post
    Because rogue is damage class as well as Mage , with a paragem you don't need nothing els because your just adding damage ontop of damage .
    Not many ppl have time for jewels either lol

Warriors have vengeful blood that's their only way of killing with the intent to kill, but they're forced to not use vengeful blood because the imbalance , juggernaut can't keep up with all of this incoming damage in clash, these weapons that came out for the warrior is a decent weapon if used with venge, but the way the game is set up , it's useless because they can't do anything .
    I'm doing ok with one paragem in my amulet. I don't think i need more. I wanted para to come back only to make more gold. I don't like stacking paragems... small chances to survive in pvp. Nobody says nothing about the ridiculous hp of new weapons. If you want a proper buff for mythic weapons add tank's weapon 300-500 hp , 50-150 hp to dps.

I'm not so into the mechanics of weapons. But i'm able to kill 'mythic weapons lvl 46 users' with legendary bow. I will get the fervor bow sooner or later even if it's price is still up in the sky atm.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Warrior Progression aka Weapon.....Computer says NO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

after some elite runs with the new glintstone aegis (i prefer the might version for the extra crit) here s my pve opinion: it is a really fun weapon and the proc is indeed very useful. i can t comment on the pvp aspect, but that s probably where all the dissappointment roots.
    imho the stats need a buff to ferl more 46ish, but overall it is a very satisfiying pve weapon (and combines perfectly with the new glintstone set). now pvp might be another story...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    after some elite runs with the new glintstone aegis (i prefer the might version for the extra crit) here s my pve opinion: it is a really fun weapon and the proc is indeed very useful. i can t comment on the pvp aspect, but that s probably where all the dissappointment roots.
    imho the stats need a buff to ferl more 46ish, but overall it is a very satisfiying pve weapon (and combines perfectly with the new glintstone set). now pvp might be another story...
    I have to say that after running with a friend earlier today and tonight with you, I fully share this opinion. With this weapon finally having a warrior in the party feels like an extremely good choice: reliable taunt/aggro holding (yes I know are good at this generally, but my other friend was using his alt warrior, which he rarely plays, and even he could hold aggro) and very good aoe damage. This morning I intentionally invited some of the op rogues on my f-list, who did have certain doubts about having a warrior in the pt. After 1 run they all agreed that they would gladly play run with warriors using this weapon, as it makes a very big difference in PvE.

P.S. The above is only in regards to running elite maps in PvE, such as planar tombs, elite tindirin and elite Ren'gol, I can't comment on the usefulness of the weapon in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I have to say that after running with a friend earlier today and tonight with you, I fully share this opinion. With this weapon finally having a warrior in the party feels like an extremely good choice: reliable taunt/aggro holding (yes I know are good at this generally, but my other friend was using his alt warrior, which he rarely plays, and even he could hold aggro) and very good aoe damage. This morning I intentionally invited some of the op rogues on my f-list, who did have certain doubts about having a warrior in the pt. After 1 run they all agreed that they would gladly play run with warriors using this weapon, as it makes a very big difference in PvE.

P.S. The above is only in regards to running elite maps in PvE, such as planar tombs, elite tindirin and elite Ren'gol, I can't comment on the usefulness of the weapon in PvP.

Agreed

Thumbs up on last two posts
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Agreed

Thumbs up on last two posts
    My warrior friend and I tested the aegis in Ren'gol elite. I was amazed by how the enemies never even looked at me, let alone attacked me. They just piled around the warrior. No other mythic warrior weapons has that effect and I find it very very helpful.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 10-23-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I rarely see my Aegies procs in 1 vs 1/Boss fight. I dont know how does it goes in TDM/CTF. Well in PvE, its awesome.

I was hoping it will get buffs like when it reach 10 stacks, it will explodes, taunts and heal you incase STS decides to buffs it.
    Last edited by Froxanthar; 10-23-2015 at 08:44 PM.