Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: ATTTENTION: Potions CAN still be bought with gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default ATTTENTION: Potions CAN still be bought with gold

I've seen numerous threads started by ppl complaining that potions are plat only now. I'm making this thread in an attempt to eliminate future posts of the same nature.

Go to Forest Haven and head west (left). Go all the way until you get to Ellie the Enchantress. She sells potions, 1.5k for 100 potions. Enjoy!
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well...that's great, except for the inconvenience...and the fact that *NO-ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!*
    Admittedly...paying Plat for convenince is understandable...but crippling the game just so STS can cash-in is (IMNSHO) unreasonable.

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've tried to spread the word about this and help out as many people as I can but it is honestly disturbing how few people know about this. I knew about Ellie and her pots before I knew I could even buy them in the store back in the day. People just need to take a minute and explore the maps to see what is out there imo. When you start playing, FH is the first town you see. Why not explore it
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i can see the lines now....with hundreds of people playing at any given moment...all attempting to jam into *one* NPC to buy potions... *that* was smart; guys...

If they want to do that...put an "Ellie" in every Module/Campaign...*that* would make sense (to have to back to the Base that you're *in*...rather than all the way back to Forest Haven!)
    Last edited by judygrrl; 05-20-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Tehnically, you cannot jam a hundred people in a map. Max per map is 25 (or was it 50)

Also, what's inconvenient with buying pots like once a week? Buy a thousand and that should last for a while. If it doesn't then you might wanna reevaluate your playstyle.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I made a suggestion about ways to fix this, I didn't start the thread so it's lost in the bug reports (somewhere). Anyway it went a bit like this; addding a quest like "Finding Ellie" and making manditory could help the newcomers so they don't spend/waste plat and feel used. Perhaps add it to the end of the tutorial map and have the the quest complete when 1 potion is purchased (would be good if it could be free somehow). Another idea is just to move her to a much more visable location, putting her way off the spawn point into a dead end doesn't promote finding her. Even if you do find her; I saw her when I turned in the Wyldwood quest Tell My Wife Goodbye, but I didn't talk to her and realize that she can give me potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Also, what's inconvenient with buying pots like once a week? Buy a thousand and that should last for a while. If it doesn't then you might wanna reevaluate your playstyle.
    I think the issue is more so, if you never knew about Ellie then all you think now is I have to pay plat for potions?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by judygrrl View Post
    Well...that's great, except for the inconvenience...and the fact that *NO-ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT!*
    Admittedly...paying Plat for convenince is understandable...but crippling the game just so STS can cash-in is (IMNSHO) unreasonable.
    The vast majority of players who have been playing for while know about Ellie...not "NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT". Way to exaggerate

I have never seen more than three or four people at Ellie at a time...there are multiple instances of Forest Haven running at every given moment. It is not like there is only one Ellie in one instance that every single player online would have to go to.

Not to mention, as others have already pointed out, just stock up as best you can...I usually bought 200-1000 at a time, depending on what I could afford....even when I was lower level.

Although agreed with your other point, it would be nice if there were more "Ellies" on the different levels in order to keep people from having to run back there.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Tehnically, you cannot jam a hundred people in a map. Max per map is 25 (or was it 50)

Which simply validates my point....how many NON-Level-50's have 15,000 gold (for your previously-mentioned 1000 potions) laying around, as you so-blithely suggest?
    Perhaps you've forgotten that *most* of the players in the game *aren't* maxxed-out...and *some* of us are busy enjoying the game, rather than power-leveling up as fast as we can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Which simply validates my point....how many NON-Level-50's have 15,000 gold (for your previously-mentioned 1000 potions) laying around, as you so-blithely suggest?
    Perhaps you've forgotten that *most* of the players in the game *aren't* maxxed-out...and *some* of us are busy enjoying the game, rather than power-leveling up as fast as we can.
    I always had more than 15,000 gold lying around as non-level 50, due to selling drops in the CS, minor quest gold, etc. You are being condescending and combative towards Sky, who is a cool person, and just venting, not trying to see both sides of the story. Power leveling has nothing to do with it all.

Not to mention, if you don't have the gold as you imply you don't, stash your pots, kill some mobs (doesn't matter what level, or if it is way below you I believe) and you will get up to 25 free pots. I know players who took the time to do this because they didn't have much money and one once told me they had gotten over 3000 free pots doing this.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-20-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The vast majority of players who have been playing for while know about Ellie...not "NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT". Way to exaggerate

I have never seen more than three or four people at Ellie at a time...there are multiple instances of Forest Haven running at every given moment. It is not like there is only one Ellie in one instance that every single player online would have to go to.
    *Shrugs*...I fully admit...i haven't been back to Forest Haven since i was Level 12-or-so....what's the point? So yeah...I forgot all about Ellie selling potions (as i'm sure many of us have.)
    However...if these new changes continue to be implemented...Ellie will be *much* more popular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

*Shrugs*...I fully admit...i haven't been back to Forest Haven since i was Level 12-or-so....what's the point? So yeah...I forgot all about Ellie selling potions (as i'm sure many of us have.)
    However...if these new changes continue to be implemented...Ellie will be *much* more popular.
    True true. I am not saying I agree with what they did, taking away pots-for-gold in the store, heck I used it a bunch of my times myself back in the day, but yeah...she will become one popular gal.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We are going to be adding a pop up message that references Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven when a user goes to buy potions via the store. There will be a checkbox to not display the message in the future. This should help. Watch for patch notes as to when it goes out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mogerfooger...then i guess i'm "not playing the game right"....since the only reason i have more than about 5-8k in gold is that i bought Plat, and converted some to buy a couple of items. I play, and i enjoy the game...and if i seem snide...it's only because it's *equally* condescending to wonder why I don't have tens-of-thousands of gold available.

Honestly, I'm not trying to get into a pi**ing contest here...I've only been playing for a few months...and I had *completely* forgotten about Ellie. I suspect many others have, as well.

If going to her is the only method of getting potions with gold...then as I pointed out before; it seems to me that Ellie will rapidly become a log-jam in the game; whether there are three-or-four ForestHavens running, or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We are going to be adding a pop up message that references Ellie the Enchantress in Forest Haven when a user goes to buy potions via the store. There will be a checkbox to not display the message in the future. This should help. Watch for patch notes as to when it goes out.
    I think that *will* help...thanks Samhayne.
    Any possibility of there being EllieMart-franchises in every Campaign? *grinz*

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

This is now up.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Update-(59432)

The Ellie flash crowd hypothesis won't be a problem.

-ALS

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Ok, I think I understand where both Judy and Moog are coming from and I have to say that both of you have some points, as well as you are both exaggerating the situation a bit. Granted the new change kind of stinks, but it's not too different from most things in life (you have to pay a bit more for convenience). Second, there can be dozens of instances of Forest Haven, not just a few so it won't get any more crowded than it does around Darada (stash NPC) in Balefort castle. Third, potions are 1,500 for 100, and 100 should last a while so while it isn't cheap it's not all that expensive either. Finally, I don't think Ellie will be looking to expand her business anytime soon, Darada hasn't, the CS bird trio hasn't, it makes for variety. Now people traveling to different towns for different things, I use the pool in Oasis town when I'm done with a run and depleted but I don't expect one in every town. Bottom line, the inconvenience is slight and it just forces us players to plan out dungeon raids a bit more in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Ok, I think I understand where both Judy and Moog are coming from and I have to say that both of you have some points, as well as you are both exaggerating the situation a bit. Granted the new change kind of stinks, but it's not too different from most things in life (you have to pay a bit more for convenience). Second, there can be dozens of instances of Forest Haven, not just a few so it won't get any more crowded than it does around Darada (stash NPC) in Balefort castle. Third, potions are 1,500 for 100, and 100 should last a while so while it isn't cheap it's not all that expensive either. Finally, I don't think Ellie will be looking to expand her business anytime soon, Darada hasn't, the CS bird trio hasn't, it makes for variety. Now people traveling to different towns for different things, I use the pool in Oasis town when I'm done with a run and depleted but I don't expect one in every town. Bottom line, the inconvenience is slight and it just forces us players to plan out dungeon raids a bit more in advance.
    Judy: In no way, at any time, did I imply that you were not playing right. Fail, at attempting to say I said something I did not. Most players, just by doing quests, have at least a few thousand gold. On my first toon, I often struggled to pay for pots until someone told me about the farm-for-pots method, which I shared with you not knowing if you already knew.

Also, another FAIL at trying to say I implied/condescended/"wondered why you didn't have tens-of-thousands of gold". Really? Show me where I wondered that and/or condescended you. I'll be waiting. Forever, because you can't and are making sh*t up. I only said "I had more than 15k gold, because of quest rewards and selling drops" afetr you were snotty to Sky for "blithely suggesting" a lot of people have some gold when he was just trying to be helpful. Yes, I assumed you did have the cash after your first post not knowing any better, but after you said you didn't I suggested a way to get free pots pretty neutrally...heck, someone had to tell me once upon a time, as I was short on cash myself for a long time.

You say you want to avoid a pi**ing contest, yet twice you try to say I said things I most certainly did not. Nice try.

Gluttony: Explain to me where I exaggerate. I will be waiting

I still crack up every time I see your sig, G.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Which is exactly why I made this thread, so more ppl would know about it.

Wrong. Crippling the game for a cash in would be COMPLETELY removing potions for gold, they still exist, you just have to not be lazy and do a little leg work to get them.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you could afford potions from the store link, you can afford them from Ellie. Yes, players struggle with gold early, but by level 20ish they should be getting pink drops than can be sold in the CS.
    Last edited by Raulur; 05-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Wow, you guys are really destroying the newcomer (10 posts currently) I mean cut Judy some slack. Perhaps the words were not the best to use, but I'm not sure that everything that is being dumped on her is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Gluttony: Explain to me where I exaggerate. I will be waiting
    I was trying to remain neutral and not choose sides, but if you want me to nitpick I will comply. Three to four people at Ellie may be a slight exaggeration, I personally have seen way more but since it's worded as what you've seen it could be argued that it's your perception. You state that you had 15k gold as a "non-level 50" but this relies on selling items in cs and doing quests (which she may not at all), so that number may be exaggerated. This newfound popularity that Ellie will gain is greatly exaggerated, I doubt many people were using the player's store as their main source of potions (700 for 25 compared to 100 for 1.5k is a no brainer).

You assume she knows about stash, gaining pots from runs, cs, quests, etc. She already admitted she is a new player so I was just trying to break things up. Not saying I choose her side (she was at fault for quite a few things), I was just saying what needed to be said in the most polite, politically correct way I could muster (which was extremely hard if you know my style).