Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: ATTTENTION: Potions CAN still be bought with gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey Judy! PM me with your in game name and I'll buy ya 1,000 hp/mana potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I guess people will begin to trash me also since I am a new poster. I believe recent changes in game play and other aspects are begining to detract from the casual gamers experience. Casual gamers are the ones who will keep Pocket Legends afloat so lets keep the game as inclusive as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Do like I do when farming low levels that you know you won't use any pots.... Put them all in your stash and farm pots at same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by judygrrl View Post
    Which simply validates my point....how many NON-Level-50's have 15,000 gold (for your previously-mentioned 1000 potions) laying around, as you so-blithely suggest?
    Perhaps you've forgotten that *most* of the players in the game *aren't* maxxed-out...and *some* of us are busy enjoying the game, rather than power-leveling up as fast as we can.
    You are right. Level 10 players may not have 15k extra to spare. But then again, they won't need 1000 potions. 100 will last them a long time. And that is only 1.5k.

And you seem to be saying that ellie's pots are expensive. Just so you know, her pots actually cost half compared to the store that you prefered.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Wow, you guys are really destroying the newcomer (10 posts currently) I mean cut Judy some slack. Perhaps the words were not the best to use, but I'm not sure that everything that is being dumped on her is deserved.

I was trying to remain neutral and not choose sides, but if you want me to nitpick I will comply. Three to four people at Ellie may be a slight exaggeration, I personally have seen way more but since it's worded as what you've seen it could be argued that it's your perception. You state that you had 15k gold as a "non-level 50" but this relies on selling items in cs and doing quests (which she may not at all), so that number may be exaggerated. This newfound popularity that Ellie will gain is greatly exaggerated, I doubt many people were using the player's store as their main source of potions (700 for 25 compared to 100 for 1.5k is a no brainer).

You assume she knows about stash, gaining pots from runs, cs, quests, etc. She already admitted she is a new player so I was just trying to break things up. Not saying I choose her side (she was at fault for quite a few things), I was just saying what needed to be said in the most polite, politically correct way I could muster (which was extremely hard if you know my style).
    She never said she is a new player, G. Just a new poster (I'll get to that in a minute). she said 'I hadn't been back to Ellie since lvl 12' which implies (to me, for what its worth) that she is well beyond lvl 12 and is not a new player. I didn't assume she knew about pots for runs, which is why I suggested it. Not have I ever seen, and I sat and thought for 5.43 seconds about it, more than 3-5 people at Ellie in an instance....ever. Having 15k gold as non-50 is not an exaggeration at any stretch, I had much more due to a couple lucky drops and careful buying/selling, but I see your point about someone being more casual and maybe not knowing how to make some money off of buying and selling.

I have told you eleventy billion times I do not exaggerate

Judy: I did not mean to trash you/pick on you...but Sky tried to be nice/helpful in his way and I thought you were less-than-pleasant so I said something. Then you tried saying I said things that I most certainly didn't and that will always pi** me off, but we will chalk it up to communication via a forum leading to misunderstandings I can be an a$$ sometimes, but I am an honest a$$ for what it is worth (maybe not much). I apologize for being a little over the top harsh/blunt, but that is all you are gonna get me to admit.

Try the farm-for-pots, if you are running low on cash for them, or hopefully you have met up with Bearded already and got some

Quote Originally Posted by BigBah View Post
    Well I guess people will begin to trash me also since I am a new poster. I believe recent changes in game play and other aspects are begining to detract from the casual gamers experience. Casual gamers are the ones who will keep Pocket Legends afloat so lets keep the game as inclusive as possible.
    No, you have an excellent point...I can see how some of the changes make it tough for the casual play-a-few-minutes-at-a-time player. But don't discount the hardcore players, many who have spent loads on plat and extra items ( ihave spent maybe 150 total, some have spent thousands and make me look like a plat rookie)...what they lack in number, they make up for in buying power too. But it has nothing to do with post count, some of the best posts I have seen have come from newcomers, and some of the uhhh dumbest ones from people with a lot (myself occasionally included). It is all in the delivery
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-20-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    She never said she is a new player, G. Just a new poster (I'll get to that in a minute).
    Minute's up, I think you're looking for this:

Quote Originally Posted by judygrrl View Post
    Honestly, I'm not trying to get into a pi**ing contest here...I've only been playing for a few months...and I had *completely* forgotten about Ellie. I suspect many others have, as well.
    States, only been playing for a few months. We can assume that means 12 weeks and who knows the amount of hours that actually means. Also, getting above level 12 is past new player to you. I was still new at level 12, don't have all your spells yet, not sure how to allocate points yet, I didn't even know where cs or Ellie were by then, so she has a leg up on me for that level.

Edit: I don't know how "well beyond" you can assume she is, it's an assumption after all. I understand that you have never seen more than 5 people at Ellie at once, I however have. The 15k of gold at that level is still a bit of an exaggeration since you admit that it was relied heavily on drops (which are random) and cs (which she may not use and prices fluctuate).

Eleventy billion, has it been that many? I lost count a while ago, but the face that you keep reminding me just makes me want to point them out that much more!
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Are people really that poor that they can't stock up potions? I usually carry 2k but I did carry at least 500 each when I first started. It's also not that mufh trouble to keep an eye on your potions if you refuse to keep them at higher stock levels.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Minute's up, I think you're looking for this:

States, only been playing for a few months. We can assume that means 12 weeks and who knows the amount of hours that actually means. Also, getting above level 12 is past new player to you. I was still new at level 12, don't have all your spells yet, not sure how to allocate points yet, I didn't even know where cs or Ellie were by then, so she has a leg up on me for that level.

Edit: I don't know how "well beyond" you can assume she is, it's an assumption after all. I understand that you have never seen more than 5 people at Ellie at once, I however have. The 15k of gold at that level is still a bit of an exaggeration since you admit that it was relied heavily on drops (which are random) and cs (which she may not use and prices fluctuate).

Eleventy billion, has it been that many? I lost count a while ago, but the face that you keep reminding me just makes me want to point them out that much more!
    Few months is not a "new player". She knew enough to buy pots from a store, she knew enough to know that there was only one place where Ellie is, and she implied her being lvl 12 was quite some time ago, be it two weeks or two months, who knows.

15k is an exaggeration? You are out of your mind if you think that is an exaggeration. I had that just by lvl 20 saving most of my quest rewards, using dropped greys/oranges/greens and farming for pots. Case closed. The only reason I mentioned drops is because I got a coupla 25ish pinks that I sold to pad my stash on top of the 15k+ I had already. If you can't get to 10-20k by lvl 25ish, then you have pi$$-poor spending habits.

You and I can bicker semantics all day long like you and Banned did the other day and both be convinced we are right....not interested. I would rather watch paint dry and stick my sensitive bits in a garbage disposal.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Moogerfooger for your polite response. Although I've been playing for awhile I've been hesitant to post on the site because I've noticed many veterans can be condescending at times to new players/posters. Thank you for disproving my assumptions.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Few months is not a "new player". Case closed.
    Sorry oh benevolent one, how dare I question he who can close cases without the consent of anyone but themselves. I will go hide in a cave now and hope you don't smite me with your all powerful magnificent. Again, it's all speculation, a simple time stamp does not a veteran make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry oh benevolent one, how dare I question he who can close cases without the consent of anyone but themselves. I will go hide in a cave now and hope you don't smite me with your all powerful magnificent. Again, it's all speculation, a simple time stamp does not a veteran make.
    Lmao and I must add that I love your sig also sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You also quoted before I could edit it as I realized it came off way more pompous than I meant it to be. Your sarcasm is noted and deleted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigBah View Post
    Thank you Moogerfooger for your polite response. Although I've been playing for awhile I've been hesitant to post on the site because I've noticed many veterans can be condescending at times to new players/posters. Thank you for disproving my assumptions.
    No worries....we tend to get full of ourselves sometimes, and then I try to remember I was in the new poster boat myself too and was hesitatnt to post or ask questions myself. I realized it after being too harsh on Judy.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We're all friends here Thanks for keeping it friendly!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

15k is an exaggeration? You are out of your mind if you think that is an exaggeration. I had that just by lvl 20 saving most of my quest rewards, using dropped greys/oranges/greens and farming for pots. Case closed. The only reason I mentioned drops is because I got a coupla 25ish pinks that I sold to pad my stash on top of the 15k+ I had already. If you can't get to 10-20k by lvl 25ish, then you have pi$$-poor spending habits.
    I gotta say that you make this extremely easy as you leave an out for yourself almost every time. Again, not everyone does quests, not every farms for pots, and perhaps the spending habits can be called into question (as it seems she was using the player's store to stock up on pots). Just because you know how to save, doesn't mean it rubs off on people who have the blind luck to fall within your presence.

You also quoted before I could edit it as I realized it came off way more pompous than I meant it to be. Your sarcasm is noted and deleted.
    It was warrented pre-edit, maybe not so much now. Oh well it's all locked in stone when people quote it.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-20-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How can you not know about ellie? some of your very first quests take you to her.
    Pay attention and you will be alright.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

We are all Friendly here.

"make love, not war"
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I gotta say that you make this extremely easy as you leave an out for yourself almost every time. Again, not everyone does quests, not every farms for pots, and perhaps the spending habits can be called into question (as it seems she was using the player's store to stock up on pots). Just because you know how to save, doesn't mean it rubs off on people who have the blind luck to fall within your presence.
    We can go round and round all day, but as I said I would rather stick my sensitive bits in a garbage disposal than debate semantics with you Maybe you and Banned get your jollies off on trying to one-up each other on forums, but I'd rather go roll around in the grass, as Bearded once said but if getting the last word in makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

If you knew anything about me, and you certainly don't, you'd realize your "witty" lines about me thinking I am all that are flat-out ridiculous, as I constantly make fun of myself in real life and am the first to admit it when I screw something up. You're a pompous a$$ for assuming you know a single thing about me. You don't.

Now, it is beer 'o clock and I am off work and off to go have tasty adult beverages with friends and shoot some pool, no more time for silliness! Tata!
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-20-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wow, I honestly did NOT see all this coming when I posted this thread earlier. I was just trying to help educate ppl about Ellie, and help prevent forum clutter. I apologize for any arguing my thread has started
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Now, it is beer 'o clock and I am off work and off to go have tasty adult beverages with friends...
    Oh me too... *cheers*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com