Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardlight Shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a PC. More proof that PC's are better then Macs. Open source always wins. And can I get a copy of that client?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azulflame View Post
    That's a PC. More proof that PC's are better then Macs. Open source always wins. And can I get a copy of that client?
    Not really proof
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, it is so CHEAP

anyway, nice marketing lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm pretty happy because I was able to change my multi's name from tarnx to "Kryten" and reserve that one.

Hopefully one of the faces available will be a robot face. That'll be brilliant!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Your perceived "lag" is determined by both your ping and your frame rate.
    • Your ping, or latency, is the round trip time for a data from the client to the server and back is what we call ping, measured in milliseconds. A ping of 150 means that it takes 150 milliseconds to send a message to the server and get one back. A slow ping will mean it takes longer for you to see the result of your action initiated on the client.
    • Your frame rate is determined by the speed of your hardware, both processor and graphics. Technically, more players could lower your frame rate because we have to draw more, and the other players would be casting spells which could lead to a lot of graphical effects on screen, but it's really negligible (since we're really adding one more character to 20 characters already on screen). A slow frame rate means the world updates fewer times per second (chugs).
    The best situation is a low ping and a fast frame rate. It's possible (and normal) to have a low ping and a low frame rate, or a high ping and a fast frame rate.

Bottom line is, you can't affect their lag and they can't really affect yours.

-ALS
    Not trying to start a flame war, but you are wrong

Not gonna retype, so here is short version:

Its called a DoS attack. Very nasty, and an example of how other players can influence your connection and ping. Go look it up.

Again, not trying to be rude, just want the community to be informed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azulflame View Post
    Not trying to start a flame war, but you are wrong

Not gonna retype, so here is short version:

Its called a DoS attack. Very nasty, and an example of how other players can influence your connection and ping. Go look it up.

Again, not trying to be rude, just want the community to be informed.
    Lol. That doesn't prove anything. That has nothing to do with the game.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think azulflame meant to post that in the "Can other people cause lag" thread, as evidenced by where assomers' post link goes.

To the people wondering why it is PL on a PC, it is because naturally, they don't do their programming on a mobile devices. Because of this, they need, I guess you could call it an emulator, to playtest the game on.

Also am I the only one who LOL-ed at the reserved name? Lvlonewarior, his level 1 twink, when PL-style warriors don't really exist in space and the name would be very out of place in BS. If you're going to reserve the.name, it could have been more thought out. Really not trying to be rude, just an observation. Unless the name is actually meant to stand out, in which case I guess my LOL is justified?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-21-2011 at 02:10 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yep. mobile version has problems on my phone, concerning posting in the right locations. it always posts in the thread i visited right before the one i want to post in. IDK why, but it does. probably just a script compatibility error.

that's the short version because I spent 10 minutes typing an essay on my phone and did not feel like retyping it. PL was running in the background and some people probably started spamming spells in the town I was in (I was beside Ellie.)hit a lag spike and the information I was trying to send was lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i got it to it's so cool
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

aghhhh 50 plat is waaaaaay to xpensive!!!!!!!! whatevs