Thread: Energy point loss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thumbs down Energy point loss

OKAY, IF YOU'RE GONNA ACT LIKE THE ENERGY ESSENCE DROP RATE IS NOT AS EXTINCT AS DINOSAURS. FINE WHATEVER!

BUT PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE. WE BEG YOU. THE SERVER LAG COMES HERE AND THERE. AND IT HITS HARD. OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT EASY TO FIX FOR YOU GUYS AT STS.

- GIVE BACK OUR ENERGY POINT IF WE DISCONNECT DURING EVENT RUN / TO EVENT RUN.

IT'S ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING HOW THERE'S NO SECOND CHANCE FOR ANYTHING. YOU JUST SUFFER AND SUFFER AND SUFFER.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royalty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

No need for all caps...

I know how you feel, and this is definitely a problem but lets think rationally.

If you close the app it is technically a dc.
    You could keep closing until you get para or drak....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

While it could be a nice idea to deduct energy only after boss is dead, there would be many ways to exploit this courtesy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

It'd be good in theory, yes, but people would also "disconnect" when they don't see paracelsus.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    It'd be good in theory, yes, but people would also "disconnect" when they don't see paracelsus.
    Make it only if you truly disconnect from Lag. The server tracks if it was a Disconnect or Force Game Exit.

I'm saying this because obviously STS will never fix the server ping spikes. So the least they can do to keep us from killing ourselves in this nightmare is giving the energy point back.

Ik many people end up losings thousands just because of a ping spike that started back 1 month ago and hasn't been fixed since...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
    Make it only if you truly disconnect from Lag. The server tracks if it was a Disconnect or Force Game Exit.

I'm saying this because obviously STS will never fix the server ping spikes. So the least they can do to keep us from killing ourselves in this nightmare is giving the energy point back.

Ik many people end up losings thousands just because of a ping spike that started back 1 month ago and hasn't been fixed since...
    I'm not the server expert, but this is what I garnered about server communication. Ping measures the time it takes for data to travel from one to the other. This time interval is commonly known as lag. The greater your ping number, the longer you are behind compared to everyone else.

A disconnect occurs when the ping is greater than 120,000 (sometimes it occurs before then). That would be approximately 2 minutes or so.

What's my point in telling you this? Well, I can load up AL on my computer in a Chrome tab. If I create a new tab and linger there for more than 2 minutes, boom. I get disconnected. That's not a force quit, because my computer simply stopped communicating with the server during the "lag time." If I had switched back to the AL tab before 2 minutes, the server would have then flooded me with all the missing data packets and I would be caught up in real time.

This process can be mirrored on mobile by simply going back to the home screen. I used to forum browse all the time this way, taking advantage of the 2 minute window.

Point is, you can fake a disconnect just by mimicking lag for 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 10-19-2015 at 08:08 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    I'm not the server expert, but this is how I think servers and devices communicate. Ping measures the time it takes for data to travel from one to the other. A disconnect occurs when the ping is greater than 120,000 (sometimes it occurs before then). That would be approximately 2 minutes or so.

What's my point in telling you this? Well, I can load up AL on my computer in a Chrome tab. If create a new tab and linger there for more than 2 minutes, boom. I get disconnected. That's not a force quit, because my computer simply stopped communicating with the server during the "lag time." If I had switched back to the AL tab, the server would have then flooded me with all the missing data packets and I would be caught up in real time.

This process can be mirrored on mobile by simply going back to the home screen. I used to forum browse all the time this way, taking advantage of the 2 minute window.

Point is, you can fake a disconnect just by mimicking lag for 2 minutes.
    Sigh then what's the solution to this problem? The ping spikes are terrifying me and many for sure in game. I'm scared every time I join a run,, my 1 energy a lifetime (because i gave up on farming essence) will be wasted because of ping spikes that are 100% unpreventable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Sigh then what's the solution to this problem? The ping spikes are terrifying me and many for sure in game. I'm scared every time I join a run,, my 1 energy a lifetime (because i gave up on farming essence) will be wasted because of ping spikes that are 100% unpreventable.
    The reason for the ping spikes is because lets say for example, the STS Game Server is like a fast food restaurant. This restaurant has 5 cashiers who take people's orders
    When all five of those cashiers are busy handling orders, lines start forming. And it gets slower for a customer to order and pay for their food.

Essentially, the restaurant is the GameServer, and the cashiers are the GameServer available resources (I think there was a name...not in my head at the moment).
    When there are multiple clients (aka the customer, or your AL app client) requests (i.e. Purchase an item, character moves from pointA to pointB, character uses X skill to attack) sent to the server to make sure this is allowed, and to get instructions from the server as to what animation to play, how much gold is deducted, how much mana cost/damage done, etc.

When all available GameServer "cashiers" are busy, a line/queue begins to form. The "cashiers" process orders/pings in the order of which they were sent/received. Thus ping spikes because the wait time to order has been increased.

What STS did the last time (during the Tindirin cap) to decrease the lag spiking was the decrease the amount of enemies (in PvE mostly) that follow and attack you. This decreased the stress on STS's server resources, making it easier/faster for the server to process the client request.

Now you may be thinking "Why doesn't STS just buy more servers or expand the resource capacity?"
    The answer to that is because Servers aren't cheap.
    More Servers = Increased cost to maintain them

Sorry for the long post

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    The reason for the ping spikes is because lets say for example, the STS Game Server is like a fast food restaurant. This restaurant has 5 cashiers who take people's orders
    When all five of those cashiers are busy handling orders, lines start forming. And it gets slower for a customer to order and pay for their food.

Essentially, the restaurant is the GameServer, and the cashiers are the GameServer available resources (I think there was a name...not in my head at the moment).
    When there are multiple clients (aka the customer, or your AL app client) requests (i.e. Purchase an item, character moves from pointA to pointB, character uses X skill to attack) sent to the server to make sure this is allowed, and to get instructions from the server as to what animation to play, how much gold is deducted, how much mana cost/damage done, etc.

When all available GameServer "cashiers" are busy, a line/queue begins to form. The "cashiers" process orders/pings in the order of which they were sent/received. Thus ping spikes because the wait time to order has been increased.

What STS did the last time (during the Tindirin cap) to decrease the lag spiking was the decrease the amount of enemies (in PvE mostly) that follow and attack you. This decreased the stress on STS's server resources, making it easier/faster for the server to process the client request.

Now you may be thinking "Why doesn't STS just buy more servers or expand the resource capacity?"
    The answer to that is because Servers aren't cheap.
    More Servers = Increased cost to maintain them

Sorry for the long post
    Thank you for info. But there has to be a resolution. We just lose no matter what. We're losing everything lmao.

There should be a "Sorry for the inconvenience" gift after event. Nothing from event. Like those VIP Kits i heard about. Something like that would be good. This event is a disaster. So many beautifully made items. No way to get them without pouring blood and sweat for it.

Games should be fun getting somewhere not torture. Rather quit AL then farm over 30 hours for energy essences for a vanity set.
    Last edited by Royalty; 10-19-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ikr It is so annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Thank you for info. But there has to be a resolution. We just lose no matter what. We're losing everything lmao.

There should be a "Sorry for the inconvenience" gift after event. Nothing from event. Like those VIP Kits i heard about. Something like that would be good. This event is a disaster. So many beautifully made items. No way to get them without pouring blood and sweat for it.

Games should be fun getting somewhere not torture. Rather quit AL then farm over 30 hours for energy essences for a vanity set.
    I think you mean the "Lazarus Packages" that had some VIP Damage/Defense/Energy(I think) kits.

There is a resolution (maybe more, but for the moment, I can only think of one) --> Buy more servers for more server resource availability (but we all know, from my last post, that that would cost STS more money to do).
    Currently, for the event, I run my 3 free daily energies, then log off, play some PL, then go do something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Want the vanity, instead of farming essences, farm brakenridge over and over and kill jack every time. Considerably faster......

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.