Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lvl 15 rogue help :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Lvl 15 rogue help :)

Hi all,
    Im an average geared lvl 15 rogue twink, 2,1k hp, 147 dmg 865 mana. I can beat other rogues with similiar gear and mages too, but i always run out of mana and die when i vs tanks, even when they use lower pets like blinky. (I use maridos) and with the arrival of slobber, non nekro rogues are dead in vs.

Can anyone help me? Would changing tactics be enough? Should i buy mana regen pets? Para item?

Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xutreuqux View Post
    Hi all,
    Im an average geared lvl 15 rogue twink, 2,1k hp, 147 dmg 865 mana. I can beat other rogues with similiar gear and mages too, but i always run out of mana and die when i vs tanks, even when they use lower pets like blinky. (I use maridos) and with the arrival of slobber, non nekro rogues are dead in vs.

Can anyone help me? Would changing tactics be enough? Should i buy mana regen pets? Para item?

Thx in advance

definitely try to get a para item if you can. Conserve mana until you find the right time to kill your opponent(if its a warrior). If they are using slobber, try to pierce away from them when the pool drops by charging your shadow pierce. Blinky is really good in vs. actually for warriors so don't consider it a lower pet even though its legendary. 40% dmg reduction and passive crit debuff in addition to a slow is strong.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xutreuqux View Post
    Hi all,

Thx in advance

Buy a helm armor amulet n weapon that has str + Dex stat. For a ring. U should use elo haunted of fitness. This way your mana regen from 0-100% in less than 10 sec... After ur mana full any tank will die. Even if they use jug

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ovtlaw View Post
    Buy a helm armor amulet n weapon that has str + Dex stat. For a ring. U should use elo haunted of fitness. This way your mana regen from 0-100% in less than 10 sec... After ur mana full any tank will die. Even if they use jug
    This is nearly entirely wrong. U need potency gear with dex + int lmao. Ask any lvl 15-17 rogue and they will agree. You could use haunted ring but its not necessary if you conserve your mana properly. You lose out on a lot of dmg and stats with haunted ring. And a warrior with jugg, venge, and heal is unkillable in 1v1 unless they are a lower lvl or their gear sucks.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 10-28-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: baiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Try to talk to farminer's, he has/had a rouge. He would love to help you out, and his tactics with rouge are op asf.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Your Hp is ok but your mana and Dmg is not so good... To beat a tank you need more mana and damage. Also try and get at least 1 para and aim for potency gear over brutality gears(reason being for every int point u get 5hp and 10mana, while with brutality gears u get just the extra 10 Hp per str point but no mana, u can always respec if u have potency gear to match brutality gears str stats) . Haunted ring is very good for vs tank as you get nice mana regen and extra armour too, but ur Dmg is low as it is so I would not advise you to get it.

If your vsing a tank u need to conserve mana and then go all out after they have used heal/venge. If the tank is using jugg it might be a bit tricker.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahesi View Post
    Your Hp is ok but your mana and Dmg is not so good... To beat a tank you need more mana and damage. Also try and get at least 1 para and aim for potency gear over brutality gears(reason being for every int point u get 5hp and 10mana, while with brutality gears u get just the extra 10 Hp per str point but no mana, u can always respec if u have potency gear to match brutality gears str stats) . Haunted ring is very good for vs tank as you get nice mana regen and extra armour too, but ur Dmg is low as it is so I would not advise you to get it.

If your vsing a tank u need to conserve mana and then go all out after they have used heal/venge. If the tank is using jugg it might be a bit tricker.
    ^^exactly what i was saying. Thank you for further elaborating for the tank players that fail to understand.
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 10-28-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: combative

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

To the OP, ask any of ur guildies or other rogue twinks u see and they will agree with me, the rogue player at this bracket for over 2 years, as opposed to the tank player telling u to buy str gear(because 10 health is better than 10 mana and 5 health....not)

Still lmao at str + dex gear. The only time u should use str + dex gear is
    1) if you have too much mana(1200ish with mari and 1050ish with nekro, u could drop some mana, could, dont have to)
    2) ur using umbral/lurid bow for the proc which i would only suggest if u get one with 2 para or ur using it for the sole purpose of fighting against tanks. If its not one of those 2 scenarios then elo/terra are better.

Theres a reason tarlok heart of potency has been more expensive than tarlok heart of brut for a year and 10 months now. Ill let u figure that out based on the overwhelming evidence
    Last edited by Roninmoro; 10-28-2015 at 11:14 PM. Reason: quote removed

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Roninmoro

We're going to keep this thread on topic and not insult each other. Thanks, guys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Roninmoro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    To the OP, ask any of ur guildies or other rogue twinks u see and they will agree with me, the rogue player at this bracket for over 2 years, as opposed to the tank player telling u to buy str gear(because 10 health is better than 10 mana and 5 health....not)

Still lmao at str + dex gear. The only time u should use str + dex gear is
    1) if you have too much mana(1200ish with mari and 1050ish with nekro, u could drop some mana, could, dont have to)
    2) ur using umbral/lurid bow for the proc which i would only suggest if u get one with 2 para or ur using it for the sole purpose of fighting against tanks. If its not one of those 2 scenarios then elo/terra are better.

Theres a reason tarlok heart of potency has been more expensive than tarlok heart of brut for a year and 10 months now. Ill let u figure that out based on the overwhelming evidence
    Which is better tarlok potency or eerie potency?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magemagix View Post
    Which is better tarlok potency or eerie potency?
    Its personal preference. Most use tarlok, i think tarlok is a little better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Its personal preference. Most use tarlok, i think tarlok is a little better
    Does tarlok have some hidden procs?

For eerie gives 2% crit i m taking abt dex-int version of both.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magemagix View Post
    Does tarlok have some hidden procs?

For eerie gives 2% crit i m taking abt dex-int version of both.
    23 armor vs. 2 crit. Most prefer the armor. Like i said, its personal preference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This is nearly entirely wrong. U need potency gear with dex + int lmao. Ask any lvl 15-17 rogue and they will agree. You could use haunted ring but its not necessary if you conserve your mana properly. You lose out on a lot of dmg and stats with haunted ring. And a warrior with jugg, venge, and heal is unkillable in 1v1 unless they are a lower lvl or their gear sucks.
    Having a pure str/dex gear regens mana in few sec from 0-100%. So what he said is 100% true. That set is called mana set btw, pro. All ur stats go up except mana goes extremly low. As tank switches to jugg, rogue switches to mana set and regens her mana in a sec.

Ofc that set is ONLY to regen mana. Not to fight anyone.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mylast View Post
    Having a pure str/dex gear regens mana in few sec from 0-100%. So what he said is 100% true. That set is called mana set btw, pro. All ur stats go up except mana goes extremly low. As tank switches to jugg, rogue switches to mana set and regens her mana in a sec.

Ofc that set is ONLY to regen mana. Not to fight anyone.
    and its a terrible build. dmg goes down drastically, health goes up marginally. and tanks dont even use jugg in vs. at lvl 15 so ur point is completely irrelevant